Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Share

    Poll

    Do you like this list?

    [ 7 ]
    18% [18%] 
    [ 11 ]
    28% [28%] 
    [ 21 ]
    54% [54%] 

    Total Votes: 39
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:04 pm

    Spears are such a noob weapon. Now, painted guardian sword, that's where it's at!


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:00 pm

    I appreciate yoour opinion guys but please try and refrain from an argument. 2e all have our own opinions. I respect yours so please respect mine and others. Thank you happy

    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:01 pm

    Don't worry, spur and i go way back.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 353
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-10-20

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Infighter on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

    You should add Hammers in weapon category and throw this weapons in that category because, they are pretty/very good

    1 Reinforced Club - Stunlock AND bleed? daaaaaaaaamn
    2 Mace - Scales very well, low req, and its only 4.0 units
    3 Pickaxe - Try it with Leo Ring in conjunction with weapon buffs you will do TONS of dmg


    _________________
    Strength Above All



    http://www.youtube.com/user/infighter771
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:56 pm

    Pickaxe works with leo ring????

    avatar
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 353
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-10-20

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Infighter on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:15 pm

    It says that pickaxe does thrust damage, so it should work


    _________________
    Strength Above All



    http://www.youtube.com/user/infighter771

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:23 pm

    I already made a top 10 weapons for PvP from a community perspective.

    PvE anything works.

    Should rename the title "Samurai's Top ten Dark Souls Weapons".

    Because this list is NOT the top 10 weapons in dark souls; just your opinion. (As is my list, but at least it's compiled from the community).


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 pm

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:I already made a top 10 weapons for PvP from a community perspective.

    PvE anything works.

    Should rename the title "Samurai's Top ten Dark Souls Weapons".

    Because this list is NOT the top 10 weapons in dark souls; just your opinion. (As is my list, but at least it's compiled from the community).
    He tried to keep his personal preference out of the list. Lots of it are things he doesn't personal use, but considers the best.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by RANT on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:54 pm

    No spear=crappy top ten. If we're talking about versatility and dps I vote for ricard's beign number one, buff with dmb3, press r2 and win.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 283
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-01-23

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by psychichobo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:08 am

    The best thing about Dark Souls is that the weapons have such epic versatility.

    Gravelord Sword helped me through a tremendous deal of the game, I just loved the moveset. But Reinforced club is really appealing to my current build.

    I understand Velka's not being on the list (you pretty much need an INT build to use it, whilst other rapiers can be upgraded for Int), but the Rapier is outclassed for me by the Estoc - especially given how easy it is to obtain. Same can be said for Ricard's Rapier too, though the R2 attack is divisive.

    Also, I love Golem Axe's useful R2 move. Very hand stuff.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 pm

    Whilst is it is indeed true, estoc is VERY easy to obtain, arguably easier than the rapier. The general player is much more likely to encounter the rapier first. Reason is that a crap load of people didn't even know you could get to new londo, the shortcut simply isn't visible enough. Lol I know I didn't know that that elevator was their till halfway through. So due to a multitude of factors as well as the one I stated, I went with the rapier. I'm not sure if you guys noticed but I also wanted to go with the base or raw form of a weapon class, mostly because its hard to go wrong with it. The only exception was of course the gld tracer and for obvious reasons.

    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:No spear=crappy top ten. If we're talking about versatility and dps I vote for ricard's beign number one, buff with dmb3, press r2 and win.

    I think its pretty harsh to say my top ten is crappy just because their is no spear. Plus, I did mention spears in the comments. I also stated my plea against the ricards rapier in number three of my top ten so please make an effort more towards reading. Thank you happy

    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by RANT on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 pm

    Samurainova wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:No spear=crappy top ten. If we're talking about versatility and dps I vote for ricard's beign number one, buff with dmb3, press r2 and win.

    I think its pretty harsh to say my top ten is crappy just because their is no spear. Plus, I did mention spears in the comments. I also stated my plea against the ricards rapier in number three of my top ten so please make an effort more towards reading. Thank you happy

    If two people with the same skill level go up against each other and one of the is using a spear the spear wins every time, so that makes it the best weapons in the game, damn phantom reach really sucks.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:59 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:No spear=crappy top ten. If we're talking about versatility and dps I vote for ricard's beign number one, buff with dmb3, press r2 and win.

    I think its pretty harsh to say my top ten is crappy just because their is no spear. Plus, I did mention spears in the comments. I also stated my plea against the ricards rapier in number three of my top ten so please make an effort more towards reading. Thank you happy

    If two people with the same skill level go up against each other and one of the is using a spear the spear wins every time, so that makes it the best weapons in the game, damn phantom reach really sucks.
    Default spear: Not that great. Winged Spear: not that great of reach, and thus, not that great.

    First really good spear to get in the game, in my opinion, is either the Lightning spear (just because it starts lightning.) or the SKS or any boss spear you make.

    That takes a while to get a good spear.

    oh, wait, the one you find in the forst is OK.

    My point is, to get a good spear, with good reach, and OK damage, it's not that easy to find, get, and/or it'll take a while in the game. This list includes accessibility.

    Also, I JUST started using one spear. i never use spears. If there are any good spears found easily and when you get them, they're better than the weapon you have, let me know.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:03 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:No spear=crappy top ten. If we're talking about versatility and dps I vote for ricard's beign number one, buff with dmb3, press r2 and win.

    I think its pretty harsh to say my top ten is crappy just because their is no spear. Plus, I did mention spears in the comments. I also stated my plea against the ricards rapier in number three of my top ten so please make an effort more towards reading. Thank you happy

    If two people with the same skill level go up against each other and one of the is using a spear the spear wins every time, so that makes it the best weapons in the game, damn phantom reach really sucks.

    Its hard to argue with that. As much as I hate to admit it I would have to agree.

    avatar
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-03-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Untidied Kingdom

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by eminusx on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:01 pm

    always preferred the Bastard Sword to the Claymore, just cause of the moveset really, the vertical blade slam is mint. The forward thrust of the Claymore just felt like an easy option in many ways, the Bastard feels more like swordfightin'


    _________________
    XBL: eminusx
    PSN: eminusx78

    dont open the gates, who the hell needs a wooden horse that size!!!


    Last Be-ta, I gave you my souls, but the very next game, you took them away!!
    This year, to save me from fear, im levelling my Zwei-hander!! WHAM!!!
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:27 am

    I must indeed say that i also prefer the bastard sword. In fact, my favorite is the flamberge, however in order to make this list i did it without the use of my personal preferance in order to make the list as professional and unbiased as possible. The Bastard sword is powerful, as well as the slam, but the thrust is a bit more effective, and it's effeciency increasing as the player practices more.

    true, the efficiency of any move increases with practice, but the thrust has a much easier learning curve, as well as longer range. Not only that, it can also be used in conjunction with the leo ring, and the time frame in which a player can spice up their moves with the thrust is greater than that of the power attack of the bastard sword. Again, all statistical data. Thank you for your input though i Do love the bastard sword happy

    avatar
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-03-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Untidied Kingdom

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by eminusx on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 am

    Samurainova wrote:I must indeed say that i also prefer the bastard sword. In fact, my favorite is the flamberge, however in order to make this list i did it without the use of my personal preferance in order to make the list as professional and unbiased as possible. The Bastard sword is powerful, as well as the slam, but the thrust is a bit more effective, and it's effeciency increasing as the player practices more.

    Yeah, the Bastard sword isnt the best, but its definitely my favourite. . .

    plus, it always awakens an enflamed verbosity from me in the heat of the moment. .

    "feel the cold wrath of my pointy Bastard!!&?!!". . etc etc


    _________________
    XBL: eminusx
    PSN: eminusx78

    dont open the gates, who the hell needs a wooden horse that size!!!


    Last Be-ta, I gave you my souls, but the very next game, you took them away!!
    This year, to save me from fear, im levelling my Zwei-hander!! WHAM!!!
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm

    Lol, hey by the way you guys know you can post your own top ten right? If you say you would do something differently please show me an example of how. Thanks happy

    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:52 am

    eminusx wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:I must indeed say that i also prefer the bastard sword. In fact, my favorite is the flamberge, however in order to make this list i did it without the use of my personal preferance in order to make the list as professional and unbiased as possible. The Bastard sword is powerful, as well as the slam, but the thrust is a bit more effective, and it's effeciency increasing as the player practices more.

    Yeah, the Bastard sword isnt the best, but its definitely my favourite. . .

    plus, it always awakens an enflamed verbosity from me in the heat of the moment. .

    "feel the cold wrath of my pointy Bastard!!&?!!". . etc etc

    People say it has a shorter range but i really dont notice...

    avatar
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-03-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Untidied Kingdom

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by eminusx on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:50 pm

    me neither. Plus its heavy vertical slam is immense, just feels better than the Claymores pointy thrust.

    Does pretty good damage if its blessed with 50 faith aswell. . . I love struttin' around with that in my Paladin armour.

    tidy!


    _________________
    XBL: eminusx
    PSN: eminusx78

    dont open the gates, who the hell needs a wooden horse that size!!!


    Last Be-ta, I gave you my souls, but the very next game, you took them away!!
    This year, to save me from fear, im levelling my Zwei-hander!! WHAM!!!

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by User1 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:53 pm

    My top 10:

    10. Demon Greataxe

    9. Falchion

    8. Pickaxe

    7. Demon Great Machete

    6. Flamberge

    5. Bastard Sword.

    4. Claymore

    3. Longsword

    2. Great Scythe

    1. Broadsword
    avatar
    ladycakes31

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 33
    Location : Massachusetts

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by ladycakes31 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:59 pm

    It's a good list, I'll have to try some of the weapons on there. I haven't been playing very long (a few months), and at the beginning the slower, heavier weapons got me killed quick, I'll give them another shot. I like to fight fast and up close, once I got the gold tracer, I never went back.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:25 pm

    ladycakes31 wrote:It's a good list, I'll have to try some of the weapons on there. I haven't been playing very long (a few months), and at the beginning the slower, heavier weapons got me killed quick, I'll give them another shot. I like to fight fast and up close, once I got the gold tracer, I never went back.

    That thing is literally a god send from from software to deal with hackers

    avatar
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-03-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Untidied Kingdom

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by eminusx on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:20 pm

    Nothing to do with which is best, just what I likes:

    Some just cause they look killer, others need a full on 50 strength / faith or both, others just cause of the moveset. . .but these are my ten. cant really say which is the BEST. . thats just silly.


    1 - Bastard Sword
    2 - Demon Great Machete
    3 - Grant
    4 - Iato
    5 - Greatsword
    6 - Silver Knight Spear
    7 - greataxe
    8 - Demon Greataxe
    9 - Black Knight Halberd
    10 - Balder Side Sword


    _________________
    XBL: eminusx
    PSN: eminusx78

    dont open the gates, who the hell needs a wooden horse that size!!!


    Last Be-ta, I gave you my souls, but the very next game, you took them away!!
    This year, to save me from fear, im levelling my Zwei-hander!! WHAM!!!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:15 pm