My Pure Dex build.

    Share

    Poll

    Fast roll or Mid roll?

    [ 11 ]
    92% [92%] 
    [ 1 ]
    8% [8%] 

    Total Votes: 12
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Myztyrio on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:13 am

    Why 66 poise?


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Automancer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 am

    I was going for 61 poise but Ornstein's leggings were the only thing that matched the style i was going for with the build, that had poise.

    It doesn't have to be the best so long as it's functional.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

    Myztyrio wrote:...But yeah.. your link there. It's only showing up as the Mugenmonkey template. You'll want to save the build first, then copy and paste the link here. I can't see a thing....

    I second that, and +1 for pointing it out. I thought I was seeing sh*t again. :suspect:
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Automancer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:29 pm

    It's just Mugen glitching out as usual. Nothing unusual. Look through the other posts for the links.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 pm

    I understand the split damage argument, but why a +15 compostie bow? A chaos would grant you an additional 90 points of AR.

    Is that where the breakpoint is?


    Last edited by Animaaal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : shpeling)
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Automancer on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:06 am

    I'm not too focused on getting most of my damage from the bow. Plus i'm lazy to farm for the slabs.
    I was going for the 61 poise breakpoint but the Ornstein leggings were the only thing that matched the style i was going for with the build, that had poise.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by WyrmHero on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:38 am

    Animaaal wrote:I understand the split damage argument, but why a +15 compostie bow? A chaos would grant you an additional 90 points of AR.

    Is that where the breakpoint is?

    With 27/40 he gets max pure physical AR from the normal upgrade" no point in going chaos. Elemental only good at base stats.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by WyrmHero on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:44 am

    Automancer wrote:I'm not too focused on getting most of my damage from the bow. Plus i'm lazy to farm for the slabs.
    I was going for the 61 poise breakpoint but the Ornstein leggings were the only thing that matched the style i was going for with the build, that had poise.

    You might want to change the fat hands, the armor only looks good (imo) with gloves that go at the wrist, so that the sleeves don't get folded. Paladin armor + giant hands and O's legs look super classy for the same poise, and doesn't give you fat hands.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Automancer on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 am

    I've tried that with many different gloves but it just didn't work out. I like the Eastern's sleeves when it isn't folded but there hasn't been any gloves that match. The traveling gloves from the cleric is the closest but has no poise. If i were to use it, i'd have to get the Giant leggings to make up for the poise and it's so looks too weird and chunky. At least with Smough's gauntlets, there's a good balance in proportions with the look. The look you suggested is awesome, no doubt about that so i'll be playing with it too.

    Besides, he's a warlord role play build. He needs to look menacing not classy~ tongue


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:
    Automancer wrote:I'm not too focused on getting most of my damage from the bow. Plus i'm lazy to farm for the slabs.
    I was going for the 61 poise breakpoint but the Ornstein leggings were the only thing that matched the style i was going for with the build, that had poise.

    You might want to change the fat hands, the armor only looks good (imo) with gloves that go at the wrist, so that the sleeves don't get folded. Paladin armor + giant hands and O's legs look super classy for the same poise, and doesn't give you fat hands.

    Thank you. I've always applied that logic when considering a difference of say 30-40 AR, but not 90-100. Thank you for the clarification.

    Sponsored content

    Re: My Pure Dex build.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:49 pm