Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Demon Slayer
Ashran
JoeBroski09
LunarFog
mugenis4real
BIG TIME MASTER
skarekrow13
Animaaal
12 posters

For tha Love of Castings

Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

For tha Love of Castings - Page 3 Empty Re: For tha Love of Castings

Post by Zeta Prime Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Ur the best man!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 pm

I need some feedback, I'll check back in tomorrow or in a couple days. My father-in-law is in the hospital and I'm sure I'll be busy with that and work. But I've been dying to make this build when I actually get on sometime this week, and I want to know what you guys think.

My Griefer: The Guilty Pay the Price

I have a couple glass cannons I’ve been working on. But this lol, this is for griefing. This is for the indicted that deserve to pay.

-Crown of DuskCrown of the Dark Sun…Darkmoon Blade, need I say more?

-Other armor…just wanted 7 poise for daggers and to look good doing it. Actually the Black Leather Boots have better elemental resistance than the Brigand Trousers, so I opt’d for them.

-BDCR…given / Leo Ring…lol Gough’s Bow and Avelyn…hehehehe.
    The concept is to cast Pursuers and then watch them roll as I stun them with Gough’s Bow or the Avelyn. Carefully shooting them while timing someones roll can be deadly, along with the Leo Ring and Power Within. lol...and then if Pursuers hits...let the hatemail ensue!

-Black Flame is for obvious reasons, as well as Dark Bead.

-I have the Silver Pendant equipped for people using Hidden Body or the Fog Ring.

QUESTIONS

1) If I'm using the TCC and only have 1 Power Within attuned, then I won't be able to use it right? In other words, I need 2 PWs to equal 1 cast right?

2) The way it stands (as is in mugenmonkey) is I'll have the following: 3 Pursuers / 9 Dark Beads / 8 Black Flames / 0 Power Within...right?

3) I'm sure the strategy is clear. Get in, kill, taunt. I dont need poise, imo, and the 7 poise is only for daggers. Any suggestions to armor, strategy, spells, other is all welcomed and appreciated.

4) I still need to mes with my attunement cycles, I dont think they are right for my combos, but I'll screw with that later. So please disregard the order in which they are attuned.

@Demon Slayer, were you talking about a build you posted, or were you wanting my ideas on glass cannons?

Because actually, you guys are probably the experts on that. I make "fightclub casters", spellswords, and the occasional griefer. From what I've seen, I might be asking you guys about glass cannons. I'd be more than happy to give my input though.

OH AND ONE OTHER THING

The Gough's Bow states that it gets better scaling from str than dex, but when messing around in mungenmonkey, dex clearly has the advantage...am I imagining this???

Doesn't matter, the 45 dex is only for Dark Bead, Pursuers, and Black Flame. (DB=9%) (Pursuers=22%) and (BF=apprx 25%...I believe).

Thanks in advance guys. AND PLEASE DONT HOLD BACK. If you see a huge flaw, you'll be doing me a favor. Just keep in mind, no etiquette, no rules...just killing in a semi-creative way.

cya
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Animaaal wrote:1) If I'm using the TCC and only have 1 Power Within attuned, then I won't be able to use it right? In other words, I need 2 PWs to equal 1 cast right?

All you would need to do is cast Power Within while your holding Gough's Greatbow in your right hand. TCC only halves your casts when it's out and about. Attuning two PW is a waste of a perfectly good spell slot.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:08 pm

$#@%ing thank you, I thought i was missing something about that.

***EDIT***

I owe you 1 point lol.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Animaaal wrote:$#@%ing thank you, I thought i was missing something about that.

***EDIT***

I owe you 1 point lol.
    Helping out my brother is a reward in itself, but now I must go. There are others who need me. Until we meet again!

*walks off into the sunset*

Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Lemme know how it works out for you! I've always wanted to make a build around Gough's but figured archery was too slow to do anything with.
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:51 am

So I'm thinking I might take this build into Ng+ to get some of the sorceries over, for it to end up like this. (I was also looking it over, and I could actually take it up to 125 pretty easily if I ever wanted to, but that would really only afford me more END and Vit at this point.)

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=174339552868068118

At any rate, opinions?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:43 am

mugenis4real wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:1) If I'm using the TCC and only have 1 Power Within attuned, then I won't be able to use it right?  In other words, I need 2 PWs to equal 1 cast right?

All you would need to do is cast Power Within while your holding Gough's Greatbow in your right hand. TCC only halves your casts when it's out and about. Attuning two PW is a waste of a perfectly good spell slot.

Animaaal wrote:$#@%ing thank you, I thought i was missing something about that.

***EDIT***

I owe you 1 point lol.

First order of business….
    $ Debt paid $.  If you're still around mungen, hit me up on PSN: Mr_Animaaal. (I play in the evenings Eastern Standard Time Zone USA).

My current 47 is my "Knight's Honor" toon.  I need Sif's soul one last time and I'm done. cheers However, as much as a hurry as I've been to get this trophy, I shall now procrastinate......extendedly. big grin

This is my new "forum event toon"  and I'll be in the forest from tomorrow until....
    ......idk, I always seem to get "lost" there lol.  

Yojimbo "reborn"

See ya'll there....I'll be the one not jumping you of course. cheers. Bow

@Naxek

Looks deadly. Hope to see you around too bud. This toon will eventually be that DMB we talked about. That's later, much, MUCH later lol, but I'll be discussing it here too.

See ya later wizards. :weap-enchanted:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm