So. I just found out about this dragon's dogma sequel..

mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: So. I just found out about this dragon's dogma sequel..

Post by mugenis4real on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 am

I'm actually really excited about this new disk, seeing as how I have yet to buy/play the game, this seems like a sweet way to jump in. Hurrah
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:40 am

Awesome for you. I wish I was in the same boat now. That video does look awesome, and that is a ton of new goodies. I definitely see the correlation to DKS, especially the mimic! I can't believe they gave that away in a trailer though.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 am

Ashran wrote:I cant wait to not buy this

My thoughts exactly silly

See the problem I have with **** like this is that they're selling it less than a year after it came out with the original for the normal price of a new game.

Why not just delay the release a year and put all this content on from day 1? I'M NOT $UR€ I KNOW TH€ AN$W€R

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:23 am

The sad part is that I'm contemplating buying that new disc on release day. I want this DLC very badly, but don't want to shell out any unnecessary money.

Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:31 am

The problem is they are screwing the original fanbase. It is worth $40 because it includes the original disk, which is still $50. So, any newcomer that buys this gets more for less. While we payed $50+ for the most part for less content D:

So, for those that never got the game, this is a great deal. But, if you bought the game and gave them the money to support this "DLC", then you have to give them $40 more. Newbies $40 vs Originals $90 (More than double).

I'm going to take a guess and say the DLC is, in itself, worth $15. They used the original game to amp up the price by more than double (+$25). If we were still in the PS2 era, they had a fair reason to do this (Much like DMC3 did), but the time for that has passed. We have internet download made specifically for this reason, so they don't have to go around selling more disks when you can just give the content directly through internet and make everyone happy.

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 am

Seignar wrote:So, for those that never got the game, this is a great deal. But, if you bought the game and gave them the money to support this "DLC", then you have to give them $40 more. Newbies $40 vs Originals $90 (More than double).

That's why I always wait to buy games. Instead of paying $60 for something I wait for the price to drop to $20. Some games come out with the DLC included during this time, so I can save even more money.

I got Oblivion and 3 DLCs on one disk for $30. Unfortunately, I bought Dark Souls before the Prepare to Die Edition came out. I just got impatient.

While you all bought the Dragons Dogma for $60 when it first cam out, I was waiting for the price to drop, and now I can get the DLC included for $40. I may be able to get it for $30 if I keep waiting.

Revived

Post by The Letter X on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 am

I'm not disappointed that I did not wait to buy it; it's a great game that was worth my $60 at release. I am only disappointed in Capcom. But hey, that should have been expected.

Post by Carphil on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:54 am

They copied the mimic chest? THEY COPIED THE MIMIC CHEST!

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:40 pm

I wanted to buy Dragon's Dogma for quite some time, but the amount of DLCs put me off. Will the new version include all of the already released DLCs?

Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Sentiel wrote:I wanted to buy Dragon's Dogma for quite some time, but the amount of DLCs put me off. Will the new version include all of the already released DLCs?

this. Im interested on that too.

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Chances are it won't.
    That's why I always wait to buy games. Instead of paying $60 for
    something I wait for the price to drop to $20. Some games come out with
    the DLC included during this time, so I can save even more money.
    Smart man. I always wait for games that I'm not sure about to buy them at the right price. I went off and bought the Batman Arkham City GotY edition on last Black Friday for $20; that's a big deal. (The GotY edition features $37.96 worth of DLC; the standard game is still worth $20 and the edition has a bonus "Batman Year One" movie which is worth about $20. A $77.96 price for $20. I struck gold)

Also, I would recommend everyone to skip this out. Next thing you know, they are going to bring out Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen LIMITED EDITION which will include all the DLC and some more.

If anything, seeing as the price for DD is still $50, I could trade-in quickly for some money, then buy the next edition for less, while still getting the bonuses because I still have the original save file...I'm still buying pre-owned.

BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Seignar wrote:
    Also, I would recommend everyone to skip this out. Next thing you know, they are going to bring out Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen LIMITED EDITION which will include all the DLC and some more.

If anything, seeing as the price for DD is still $50, I could trade-in quickly for some money, then buy the next edition for less, while still getting the bonuses because I still have the original save file...I'm still buying pre-owned.

This

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

^ It looks like someone found a way out.

Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am

Seignar wrote:

Aha! So Dark Arisen edition doesn't include all that elephant load of junk DLCs they already released.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 pm