Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+68
DigitaLinsanitY
Graelaoch
Qyntius
Leet
Icegodzilla
SadPanda
einherje
TheDeviantKnight
OminousSquaffle
Kahldris_Ducard
Ahhotep1
Paragon
ViralEnsign_
shadowzninjaz
Hugh_G_Johnson
Wilkinson3424
Demon Slayer
Aigaios
iiProdigyv
Carphil
jewfrozack
Horrendus
Raijinilli
divinebeanpole
AlphaTrol
destutiodaemonis
Odinbear
Serious_Much
Dibsville
billy_bayonet
Maneater_Mildred
jaythibodeau
Sneezer
ExplodingPenguin
WaveringRadiance
Hokucho
Squashy_Avocado
sure-magicians
Forum Pirate
VMatrixX
eclipse prince
FattyOfDoom
FinPeku
Avenger649
trzzy
LordTransvalence
Jansports
grossemesser
Dieselzilla
mindbottiling_52
Fawkes
GravityBlast
User1
Halicarnassis
SpyderADK
sicktwist
Emergence
Yukon
robsthedon
Ghadis_God
FexDS
WandererReece
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
RANT
Acarnatia
Murkulanvippi
slowturtles
72 posters

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 31 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:23 pm

@ Kahldris Ducard: From now on I will "forever" have my alarm say, "Hello, Hello, Hello..."

blushing

@ Hugh, Kahldris, and Wilks: I didn't read up (Wilks). One...I was afraid too! silly 

And two, I was too "out of it" to make sense of anything...anyway.  surprised  and   confused 

lol! 

(inside joke)

I love you guys...my loyal protectors!

Edit: I did read up (now). Sooooo funny!! And Wilks!!! You...you...wanted to kill me in order to save my soul(s) and humanity. DarkHand! Wig! Vibration!! Oh, dear...remind me to NOT fall asleep at the controller again! silly
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 31 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm

blushing
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30 pm

I wouldn't of let that happen I would of killed them if they tried.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:47 am

Next time we gotta go catacombs...

Cmon you know you want to ahho, Dem Levers twisted 
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 am

The next location would have to be, Undead parish, Lost izalith, Sens funhouse or Depths

I was thinking about doing runs in the burg but that place has to much traffic around all lvls, would be super hard to setup
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:48 am

Parish sounds do-able, Izalith would probably fail terribly, Sen's is a good location, ive played with some uploaders there, we've done depths a few times but it's a good location.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 am

All location suggestions will be taken inder serious consideration!! As will other suggestions that will make the event more enjoyable for the majority! happy

Next Event will be even better...then all the others! That I can assure you!! winking
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Just passing by to say 'hello'

happy

Hopefully i will play tomorrow and congrats on the promos big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:32 am

Now that the event is over for this month...how about some feed back on the banned spells.

But first, to remind you of the rationale behind the bans. Though runs can not be too long nor can they be too short. And that is, in essence, the primary reason. Though there are a few other reasons the primary complaint was that various spells did cause the runs to be too short. Especially, when those spells were used during every single run. Remember, this is not a FC "on the run". Nor is it meant to be "hardcore". I want all skill levels to have access and fun.

And yes! Cunning, strategy, out-thinking your opponents, toe-to-toe fights and creativity are emphasized. Not one-hit kill ambushes or non-fighting engagements.

happy
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:16 am

I still think that the Firestorms/Sword dances should be allowed.

Here are some of my points.

- Slow casting speeds, and very tactical.

- Can easily be countered and avoided

- Perfect for ambushes

- Good for trapping people and punishing people

shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:35 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:I still think that the Firestorms/Sword dances should be allowed.

Here are some of my points.

- Slow casting speeds, and very tactical.

- Can easily be countered and avoided

- Perfect for ambushes

- Good for trapping people and punishing people

I agree just ban out dusk crown to stop some high damage output
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:40 am

Crown of dusk has some negative effects as well,

But yeah don't take away the actual spells, take away the stuff that makes it one-shot people.

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:46 am

"No rules in guerilla warfare."

Well, time to start banning stuff.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 am

SadPanda wrote:"No rules in guerilla warfare."

Well, time to start banning stuff.
    Yep! When it diminishes the enjoyment of the majority. And even in actual guerrilla tactics...no rules=failed mission. silly 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:31 am

The operative word here is "majority" and involves those who have already participated and know how good it can be. I am listening. But I keep hearing from the same two people.

If others who have participated will chime in that would help Wilks and Shad! Or not. The point is...let me hear from others. We have a pool of over 50 or 60 people who have participated since the first month. What say you? This is about making it fun and challenging for the majority.

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:00 am

Call it a list of War Crimes. silly Seems fine to me as is.  Firestorm is easy to dodge in most circumstances, but due to the nature of the event it's fairly easy to set up a firestorm cast that's at the very least extremely difficult to dodge as the red team.  And Dark Bead is honestly ridiculous IMO, in general.  The sword dance spells are similar enough to the firestorms I suppose they warrant a ban.

I would like to put in my "no Izalith" vote now though.  Sorry, I just don't see it being a very compelling location.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 am

I don't think anything should be banned, except maybe the hornet ring because that just gets everybodies back up, i would hope that everyone plays for fun and not bring one shot builds, if anyone does don't sum them.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 am

robsthedon wrote:I don't think anything should be banned, except maybe the hornet ring because that just gets everybodies back up,  i would hope that everyone plays for fun and not bring one shot builds, if anyone does don't sum them.
    Thanks Robs, I appreciate the input. If your on Exiled psn chat ask the others to chime in. Maybe we can get this aspect settled and put to bed. I'll be on in a bit. twisted 
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:07 pm

I personally feel if your going to ban the firsetorm spells then you need to allow the gravelord as one major difference is the power and the fact they can only hit once a cast. I also feel that you shouldn't allow the things that all stack on top for spell power or miracle or limit it to one thing. I personally HR ring should be fair but ill leave it. I also would like to try izalith and if we don't why not tombs of the giants.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:02 pm

robsthedon wrote:I don't think anything should be banned, except maybe the hornet ring because that just gets everybodies back up,  i would hope that everyone plays for fun and not bring one shot builds, if anyone does don't sum them.
    I agree, Hornet and TWoP if it's abused. Maybe DWGR and Pursuers because of lag.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:44 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:
    I agree, Hornet and TWoP if it's abused. Maybe DWGR and Pursuers because of lag.

Dwgr and pursuers are fine.

Another thing you could do is change the SL maybe play at 50, so people really have to make sacrifices with their builds.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:22 am

robsthedon wrote:
    Wilkinson3424 wrote:
    Dwgr and pursuers are fine.

Another thing you could do is change the SL maybe play at 50, so people really have to make sacrifices with their builds.
    agree
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Alright everyone, changes have been made and event area has been chosen.

The Event will be held in the Catacombs.
    Please review the "Rules". I have (more or less) taken Robs suggestion.

Everyone, keep in mind that this is not just about killing opponents. It is about stealth, cunning, out-thinking and out-smarting your opponents. In other words...Guerrilla Tactics without the single-minded one hit kill mentality since this event is also suppose to be fun for the many...not the few.

One thing that has proven (in the past) to increase the enjoyment of this event for the majority and, thus, it's success is to have runs with substance. The "one hit kill" mentality diminishes the quality and fun of "run substance".

I will be editing the roster later.

One last request (for now): Please read the first 4 posts of this thread. All  the information you need to know is there. However, questions not addressed there are certainly welcome. As are any questions due to confusion you may encounter in the OP. Thanks!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:05 pm

The second paragraph on post 2 references Anor Londo.  Don't forget to change it later; I know you did to make sure people are actually reading. winking 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:The second paragraph on post 2 references Anor Londo.  Don't forget to change it later; I know you did to make sure people are actually reading. winking 
    ah...yeah, of course I did! silly  Hahaha! On it. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am