I'm a little worried

    Share

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 pm

    Seignar wrote:Lore:
    Accumulated facts, traditions, or beliefs about a particular subject. See Synonyms at knowledge.
    Story:
    An account or recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious

    What Frank is trying to say:
    I want the story revolving around the Main Character to be more straightforward, as in my opinion it sucks and could be more detailed

    The problem: The game gives you many choices and paths and so it is difficult to make the story "better" without having to compromise certain sections of the game. If anything, the game could improve interaction with the NPC. Demon Souls had a better "story" because it let you create a story by working for Mephistopheles, whereas killing NPC kind of effectively ends that part of your story in DaS

    Yes lore and story are synonomous, thank you.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:18 pm

    syn·o·nym

    /ˈsinəˌnim/

    Noun

    1.A word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a...
    2.A person or thing so closely associated with a particular quality or idea that the mention of their name calls it to mind.

    This isn't really that big of a word ya know :roll:


    avatar
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 174
    Reputation : -24
    Join date : 2013-01-31

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Frank_White on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:19 pm

    Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:Lore and plot are not synonymous. I can tell you the difference.

    WE KNOW THAT. NOBODY SAID OTHERWISE.

    Uhm yes, Animaaal just said they are synonymous. Now he said it again. What's the matter with you, take a chill pill man. Your blood pressure OK?

    No, he said story and lore are synonymous. Read before posting.

    Oh so that's how it is. Who is it that's trolling after all... You and Animaaal obviously, because I've already many posts ago said I meant storyline with story. Why do you two go on acting as if I'm talking about story in general, when you know that's not what I was talking about?
    Bunch of trolls...

    When you make a mistake or misquote someone, you need to apologize and then correct the mistake.

    I said lore and story are synonomous, and so did DE5A1R.

    Then you intentionally turn it around as if we didnt read what was posted, even though we did and responded accordingly.

    You have a serious problem with atttude. Niether one of us are calling you names, or making accusations. We are merely responding to EXACTLY what was said.

    Example: Myblood pressure lol. U MAD BRO?<---same thing.

    Do you understand what we are saying? If you want to be respected here, you need to leave those comments out.

    If you want to say something like, "I don't believe they are synonomous in this context...". Then that is fine. No one will blame you for having superior knowledge about something.

    But you troll...all the time....its getting old.

    Only, I didn't make a mistake, you either really didn't read what I posted earlier or you've been acting like a fool for the past few posts where you keep behaving like I am talking about the entirety of the story in general.

    I don't troll, and it was completely unnecessary to mention that I am talking about "this context". Of course what I said was in the context of Dark Souls, that's what we've been discussing this entire time.

    Yes, at first I did use the word story, but try to understand I was even then talking about the main plot. Which should've been evident by the way I talked about it, I did describe what the plot of DkS was so this was an obvious hint. Odd that it was not clear enough for you.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:26 pm

    Frank_White wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:Lore and plot are not synonymous. I can tell you the difference.

    WE KNOW THAT. NOBODY SAID OTHERWISE.

    Uhm yes, Animaaal just said they are synonymous. Now he said it again. What's the matter with you, take a chill pill man. Your blood pressure OK?

    No, he said story and lore are synonymous. Read before posting.

    Oh so that's how it is. Who is it that's trolling after all... You and Animaaal obviously, because I've already many posts ago said I meant storyline with story. Why do you two go on acting as if I'm talking about story in general, when you know that's not what I was talking about?
    Bunch of trolls...

    When you make a mistake or misquote someone, you need to apologize and then correct the mistake.

    I said lore and story are synonomous, and so did DE5A1R.

    Then you intentionally turn it around as if we didnt read what was posted, even though we did and responded accordingly.

    You have a serious problem with atttude. Niether one of us are calling you names, or making accusations. We are merely responding to EXACTLY what was said.

    Example: Myblood pressure lol. U MAD BRO?<---same thing.

    Do you understand what we are saying? If you want to be respected here, you need to leave those comments out.

    If you want to say something like, "I don't believe they are synonomous in this context...". Then that is fine. No one will blame you for having superior knowledge about something.

    But you troll...all the time....its getting old.

    Only, I didn't make a mistake, you either really didn't read what I posted earlier or you've been acting like a fool for the past few posts where you keep behaving like I am talking about the entirety of the story in general.

    I don't troll, and it was completely unnecessary to mention that I am talking about "this context". Of course what I said was in the context of Dark Souls, that's what we've been discussing this entire time.

    Yes, at first I did use the word story, but try to understand I was even then talking about the main plot. Which should've been evident by the way I talked about it, I did describe what the plot of DkS was so this was an obvious hint. Odd that it was not clear enough for you.

    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me..tralalalalalala.

    Why you so offensive?
    avatar
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 174
    Reputation : -24
    Join date : 2013-01-31

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Frank_White on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:38 pm

    You're hopeless. I post an answer where I prove you've been unnecessarily acting like an idiot while all I've done is have a legit conversation about the upcoming changes in the formula of the storytelling - and this is all you can come up with?
    "tralalalalalala"
    "Why you so offensive?"
    You guys are like grade schoolers. I've had enough of your childish manners.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 pm

    Frank_White wrote:You're hopeless. I post an answer where I prove you've been unnecessarily acting like an idiot while all I've done is have a legit conversation about the upcoming changes in the formula of the storytelling - and this is all you can come up with?
    "tralalalalalala"
    "Why you so offensive?"
    You guys are like grade schoolers. I've had enough of your childish manners.

    You have REAL problems. I feel for you.
    avatar
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 174
    Reputation : -24
    Join date : 2013-01-31

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Frank_White on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 pm

    I love how every time you open your mouth you show how bad you are at argumentation. Only things you have EVER said to me are insults or picks at me.
    Instead of saying stuff like "you have problems", you could explain what these problems might be. Otherwise you'll seem like an angry little CoD kiddie just insulting everyone.
    Just try it, for the sake of rational argumentation.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:20 pm

    Frank_White wrote:...Instead of saying stuff like "you have problems", you could explain what these problems might be...

    Fine.

    Rage, depression, hypocrisy, lack of manners, social ineptness, irresponsible parents, possible paranoia, amongst a million other things it could be.

    These are mere speculation. I dont believe a majority of people are correctly represented by their demeanor online.

    It could be something as simple as having a lack of courage in real life and it translates to your online activities.

    Truth is I don't know. However, your inability to be polite here is obvious, even you admit it. Your lack of remorse is pathetic imo.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

    Animaal and Frank will you stop arguing with each other
    like children on pointless things! You two
    are derailing this thread and another with your pointless
    attacks at each other. I'm not taking sides but enough of this! If you two got
    issues with each other settle it elsewhere and remember rule 1: No flaming. Debates and disagreements are fine and even encouraged, but incendiary comments and insulting posts are not. This also extends to abusive and offensive language, and circumventing the language filter.


    _________________
    avatar
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 174
    Reputation : -24
    Join date : 2013-01-31

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Frank_White on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 pm

    Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:...Instead of saying stuff like "you have problems", you could explain what these problems might be...

    Fine.

    Rage, depression, hypocrisy, lack of manners, social ineptness, irresponsible parents, possible paranoia, amongst a million other things it could be.

    These are mere speculation. I dont believe a majority of people are correctly represented by their demeanor online.

    It could be something as simple as having a lack of courage in real life and it translates to your online activities.

    Truth is I don't know. However, your inability to be polite here is obvious, even you admit it. Your lack of remorse is pathetic imo.

    Great job Dr. Freud. You just proved my point, you only think about things from your point of view.
    "inability to be polite"? There are more instances where I have been polite than impolite. I've only been impolite when someone was impolite to me or just said something stupid. For example, every time we have argued it was you who started the argument, and kept at it. I would gladly have a normal conversation, but it doesn't seem possible with you.

    A couple times I've been the first one to be rude to someone, but you know, the fact that the word stupid and its derivatives might be frowned upon on this forum, doesn't lessen the fact that some things people say just are that, stupid.
    And when someone says a stupid thing, it's not alright to point it out? What kind of forum is this, where everything should be sunshine and jolly co-operation?
    I'm not going to pretend it's alright to believe nonsense without any basis to your claims, and neither should you or anyone else.
    avatar
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 174
    Reputation : -24
    Join date : 2013-01-31

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Frank_White on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:49 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Animaal and Frank will you stop arguing with each other
    like children on pointless things! You two
    are derailing this thread and another with your pointless
    attacks at each other. I'm not taking sides but enough of this! If you two got
    issues with each other settle it elsewhere and remember rule 1: No flaming. Debates and disagreements are fine and even encouraged, but incendiary comments and insulting posts are not. This also extends to abusive and offensive language, and circumventing the language filter.

    You are right. I've been trying to have normal conversations with him but he seems very intent on always trying to insult me any way possible. Which has lead to me being rude back at him, and the cycle went on.
    I will ignore him from now on to stop this madness, because he will obviously never stop.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 pm

    You two are both responsible for that. Being rude to another always warrants rudeness to you. And by doing this you two feed the fire to keep this going. In my opinion the higher person is the one who stops this before it gets out of hand. I'm glad this is over, however Frank I suggest you reword that because it will spark this again because it sounds insulting to Animaal.

    Now I must post something ON-topic, be back.


    _________________
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 pm

    Alright my opinion is that the game may become slightly easier for those who never played the series to have a little understand it lore-wise. I still hold on that the new game will be as hard as ever combat wise, but with a slightly easier way to understand the Souls game mechanics.


    _________________

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 pm

    Frank_White wrote:...You just proved my point, you only think about things from your point of view..

    Animaaal wrote:...Truth is I don't know...

    First off, you asked I answered.

    Secondly, You are having problems reading what people say.

    Lastly, a lot of people ignore you here. It speaks volumes about the community. I however, will not. I think you are completely out of line, always have been, and always will be.

    I on the other hand only have a problem with you. I’ve had plenty of rational heated debates with several people here. You and one other person are the only people I’ve seen use phrases like, “Head from you’re a$$”. I can’t figure out why you have not been perambanned. I’m not questioning the moderators.

    I do think however, allowing someone like you to insult people over and over and over and over again DEFINITELY sends the wrong message. I have every right to respond to insults in a rational way. You are the ONLY one calling people names.
    avatar
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 103
    Location : Jupiter

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Emergence on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm

    Alright, that's enough. I've really had it with these threads in this section devolving into a lingering argument that spills over into every post.

    It is time for everyone to get acclimated with the Friends and Foes section.

    - Click on Profile.
    - Click the Friends and Foes tab.
    - Add the users who you cannot seem to avoid getting into an argument with in the Foes section.
    - Find your Zen.

    If you cannot find a way to co exist then it is time for you all to become unaware of the other person's existence.

    I mean it. We are beyond the point of provoked/unprovoked. From here on there will be indiscriminate warnings.


    _________________
    This Forum is a bonfire.  Thank you all for kindling it.  

    Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

    Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

    Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon
    avatar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 130
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-09-24

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by argotthar on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:57 pm

    I welcome straightforward thingy story wise but just don't mess up gameplay...


    _________________
    --
    PSN: argottharUK

    SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    avatar
    DemonDrink
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-15

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by DemonDrink on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:21 am

    I've come to terms with all the bad things and losses to be expected in Dark Souls 2 and I'm just trying to be as optimistic as possible. I just can't get over how **** the trailer is and how obvious it is that they're trying to force character-based story, which is a big nono in a Souls game.


    _________________
    Prostration
    ..water
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Ashran on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:22 am

    Ive realized that im really worried about DkSII. I enjoyed so much Dark Souls and i want so badly a good second part... Srsly, i hope they dont mess this one. Im gonna preorder the HFJADFHADJLSWAGEDITION as fast as it comes to the market. If its only HALF the epic DkS is, it will be an epic game. I just want it to be good. To be better? If DkSII is better than DkS i will personally send a love letter to FROM.

    Direct lore? Change gameplay? We are avoiding the common doubt, the big one.

    We want this game to be great. Will it be? Will it be great as the AWESOME comunity arround soul series?

    In time, the doubt will fade and only joy will remain.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “

    Sponsored content

    Re: I'm a little worried

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 am