The most horrifying tactics ever

    Share
    avatar
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by lextune on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 am

    Try this one, I invade. Host uses TWoP while his 2 phantoms both use the soul suck Dark Hand. Tried for a moment or two to fight/get away, but by then my humanity had gone from 99 to 79. Only time I have ever disconnected.


    _________________
    XBL GT: lextune

    A Bunch of My Builds
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by befowler on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 am

    You can parry that dark hand soul suck btw. Tried to once out of desperation and somehow landing it felt like winning the lottery.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:34 am

    Since that move is so telegraphed, I believe it is one of the easiest weapons/moves to parry. Since lextune was faced by two of them, however, I'd imagine it'd be tough to time one of them or even think of parrying it when faced by something like that.


    _________________
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm

    I think most of the trouble from parrying things comes from panicking. Whenever someone swings a GS at me, it's no big deal to parry it. But when someone is spamming a VERY fast and powerful weapon at me(Falchion) I start to miss a lot. Parrying the Dark Hand would be frightening, since the punishment from missing is getting humanity taken away...


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by Sentiel on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:53 pm

    jaythibodeau wrote:Parrying the Dark Hand would be frightening, since the punishment from missing is getting humanity taken away...
    Not to mention having some fat guy french smooching your entire face in the process. :Baal01:

    avatar
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 306
    Reputation : 113
    Join date : 2012-09-29
    Location : The Dark Side

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by Red Rosie on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:01 pm


    Horrifying tactics...

    I invaded the depths with nothing but 5 stacks of force...

    Sure I dont need to tell you how that one went =)


    But for those of ya who DO need telling....





    Well What is it


    _________________
    Now, they salute with BOTH hands...

    http://Youtube.com/RedRosieSugar

    http://Youtube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by befowler on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:35 pm

    The Letter X wrote:Since that move is so telegraphed, I believe it is one of the easiest weapons/moves to parry. Since lextune was faced by two of them, however, I'd imagine it'd be tough to time one of them or even think of parrying it when faced by something like that.

    Yeah, it'd be a desperation move, obviously, but you're invulnerable during the riposte so it's better than nothing (particularly if Twop'd). I landed mine when I was literally backed into a corner while using a midroll build, since I didn't trust the midroll invincibility frames and I don't think you can block the drain attack with a shield. The guy trying to do it had also stacked poise which was particularly evil.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 329
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2013-01-31
    Age : 30
    Location : Anor Londo aka San Francisco

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by gmwdim on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 pm

    TWoP + Pursuers. It's like watching a horror movie unfold.


    _________________
    Ask me about my three cats.
    PSN: gmwdim
    Character SL: 161, 125, 117, 104, 97, 66, 60, 40, 1
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

    befowler wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Since that move is so telegraphed, I believe it is one of the easiest weapons/moves to parry. Since lextune was faced by two of them, however, I'd imagine it'd be tough to time one of them or even think of parrying it when faced by something like that.

    Yeah, it'd be a desperation move, obviously, but you're invulnerable during the riposte so it's better than nothing (particularly if Twop'd). I landed mine when I was literally backed into a corner while using a midroll build, since I didn't trust the midroll invincibility frames and I don't think you can block the drain attack with a shield. The guy trying to do it had also stacked poise which was particularly evil.

    There's always the kick as well!


    _________________
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm

    Sentiel wrote:
    jaythibodeau wrote:Parrying the Dark Hand would be frightening, since the punishment from missing is getting humanity taken away...
    Not to mention having some fat guy french smooching your entire face in the process. :Baal01:
    If by saying fat french guy, you probably mean someone in full Smough's with the Snickering Top Hat...
    GOOD GOD THAT SOUNDS POSITIVELY DISGUSTING! Prostration


    I mean really, some people just have the worst fashion sense...


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by WandererReece on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:35 pm

    ^ Once I invaded someone. I was wearing full Havels and had the Dark Hand equiped. The bad news is I died. The good news is I left 4 humanities richer. big grin


    _________________
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:42 pm

    WandererReece wrote:^ Once I invaded someone. I was wearing full Havels and had the Dark Hand equiped. The bad news is I died. The good news is I left 4 humanities richer. big grin
    How on earth were you fast enough to hit someone with that in full Havel's?! I mean really, WHO LETS A GUY FAT ROLLING CATCH UP TO HIM WITH ONE OF THE SLOWEST ATTACKS IN THE GAME?!
    4 TIMES!


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by WandererReece on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:53 pm

    ^I didn't run after him. He ran after me. He kept swing his sword, and I kept kissing him.


    _________________
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:54 pm

    WandererReece wrote:^I didn't run after him. He ran after me. He kept swing his sword, and I kept kissing him.
    Still, you'd think that he'd have learned to not get hit by that by the 2nd hit at least... Shrug


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by WandererReece on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 pm

    ^ I just realized what I typed came out wrong. lol!


    _________________
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:27 pm

    WandererReece wrote:^ I just realized what I typed came out wrong. lol!
    ......I literally just realized that now that you've pointed it out....
    Thanks.... :confused:


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by WandererReece on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:38 pm

    ^ The info is accurate. It just came out a little promicuously.

    I just left a post in another thread, and thought it would go great here.


    The worst thing that happened to me wasn't too bad, but really annoying. I summoned a red phantom when I was by myself. The red phantom ran away and kept hiding among enemies. I thought. "WTF".


    _________________
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:52 pm

    WandererReece wrote:
    The worst thing that happened to me wasn't too bad, but really annoying. I summoned a red phantom when I was by myself. The red phantom ran away and kept hiding among enemies. I thought. "WTF".
    Yeah. Once, I had an invader in Anor Londo. He ran off, used the elevator to get to the upper level of the church thing (whatever that place is called) and hide. For twenty minutes, he was hiding near the chest on the other side of the gap for some reason... Why, I'll never know.


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by WandererReece on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:34 pm

    jaythibodeau wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:
    The worst thing that happened to me wasn't too bad, but really annoying. I summoned a red phantom when I was by myself. The red phantom ran away and kept hiding among enemies. I thought. "WTF".
    Yeah. Once, I had an invader in Anor Londo.

    He wasn't an invader.


    _________________
    avatar
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 329
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2013-01-31
    Age : 30
    Location : Anor Londo aka San Francisco

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by gmwdim on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:36 pm

    The worst thing that happened to me wasn't too bad, but really annoying. I summoned a red phantom when I was by myself. The red phantom ran away and kept hiding among enemies. I thought. "WTF".

    This is actually a very effective way to troll unsuspecting beginners. They'll see some white signs, some yellow signs, and a red sign - and figure they're all helpful phantoms belonging to different covenants. But it's the only way they'll learn...


    _________________
    Ask me about my three cats.
    PSN: gmwdim
    Character SL: 161, 125, 117, 104, 97, 66, 60, 40, 1
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:06 pm

    WandererReece wrote:
    jaythibodeau wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:
    The worst thing that happened to me wasn't too bad, but really annoying. I summoned a red phantom when I was by myself. The red phantom ran away and kept hiding among enemies. I thought. "WTF".
    Yeah. Once, I had an invader in Anor Londo.

    He wasn't an invader.
    Ah ok, I misread that. Sorry.
    Weird stuff like that happens a lot. Altougth I haven't the slightest idea why. Shrug


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau

    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 40
    Reputation : -8
    Join date : 2013-02-11

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by JumpsU3vs1 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 pm

    Speaking from personal experience as a user of most of those tactics, one of the reasons we do it is because people take this game too seriously. Its the whine, cry and moan attitude just cause you got beat. And part of the reason its fun is because we know the guy on the receiving end is mad.

    Just being honest here. Hate the game, not the player. Dark Souls was designed to be a troll's paradise.

    When I spawn in the Painted world to invade, the same host is stood
    there, and does 2 handed DKGA attack, and usually hits me off the
    bridge.The host had 4 PHANTOMS!

    One of the setups my team has is we ALL got DKGA, but its usually kiln or forest we camp.

    And they just ganged me with Pursuers, while the host just ran off.

    Sounds like something we do. At SL 709 its easy to have DKGA + Pursuers + WOG

    The person I had invaded used 12 uses of WotG to kill me

    This is why I usually bring 15.

    .
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by reim0027 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 pm

    Beef - do you remember the timing for that? It would be almost as epic as parrying the DGA's 2H R2.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by jaythibodeau on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:52 pm

    reim0027 wrote:Beef - do you remember the timing for that? It would be almost as epic as parrying the DGA's 2H R2.
    Wait, you can parry that? Are things like the MLGS special attack parryable?


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by reim0027 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:54 pm

    Yes and yes.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

    Sponsored content

    Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:48 am