The most horrifying tactics ever

Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

Post by Saturday-Saint on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:39 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:The host had 4 PHANTOMS! And they just ganged me with Pursuers, while the host just ran off.
    I totally want to figure out how to do this and cosplay as the 4 Kings. You could even have the host summon up the phantoms on a timer. And on the PC version you can actually get the sword that the Four Kings use, it's in the game files.

Uh, sometimes I get invaded by people in the Burg and they climb up the ladder past the undead merchant. Then while I'm fighting some guy, they shoot Dragonslayer Arrows at me or something. Always good for a laugh.

Most of the **** tactics I know aren't what I'd consider "horrifying." Half of the **** tactics I know are ones I came up with myself. Perhaps the most horrifying tactic I know of is that one thing Afro did in a video where he invaded a guy in Duke's, then just ran straight to the Megaphone and dropped the bass. I would be worried if someone did that.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm

I've always thought this was hilarious..maybe not "horrible" though.

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am

Myztyrio wrote:Four phantoms? That's some fancy XB hacking.

It's not a hack. It has something to do with how the Forest works. Someone posted info about it somewhere around here.

Once someone spamed HCSM nonstop. He must've had at least three of that spell equiped. I successfully dodged all of them. Then he suddenly switched to CSS, and that threw off my timing. I got hit and felt like an idiot.

Once someone invaded me with dual Caestus. When he got close to me he switched to a talisman, but I didn't notice. Then he spamed WoG, and I didn't dodge. Again, I felt like an idiot.

Addicted

Post by ted1023 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 pm

I was laughing as I was reading some of the replies.. This is something I have thought about for a while now. Everyone who knows me in the game knows, I can't stand fighting spell casters..not for any other reason other than I enjoy melee fights. I also realized that I can't expect people to play the way I would like them to play.

It's their diversity in styles that keeps me playing PVP. The only thing that I have found silly, not so much annoying, is the desperation some people have. I have tons of videos where I would invade naked, bare fisted just to wave at a host and have him and both his phantom unleash a fury of attacks..lol I remember going into the arena the same way just to have some guy spam Dark bead, WOTG, TWOP, CSS..Everything including the kitchen sink.. I ended up equiping a weapon and killing him just cause he was so desperate for the win. I found it so sad that this individule's only enjoyment was to win at any cost..lol

Even when I invade at low levels and I see the host really has no chance against me, I start to crystal out only to have them interupt me and start hacking away.. I usually hit them once or twice so they realize the won't win and try to drop a humanity for them..but noooooo they attack again.. i find it funny as hell.. I kill them of course, but still..lol

ted4freestyle (youtube channel just vids of fun pvp)
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 am

I'm not sure how people can even enjoy playing this way. Honestly, there's no fun without challenge.

Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 am

Myztyrio wrote:I'm not sure how people can even enjoy playing this way. Honestly, there's no fun without challenge.

Well actually it seems that pretty much people think ganking is fun.

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 am

Like I said something like iGBx's channeler cosplay with the two sunbros was pretty funny, but also origianl and actually kinda scary lol.

I think Strong Magic Shield is horrifying for some people.

One day I was trading stuff with a bud. We were in New Londo. This dude shows up, we pick up our stuff and were standing by the estoc.

This dude shows up allllllll kinds of decked out. Tincat, mothers, giants, katana, etc. He casts pursuers, crystal magic weapon, with a cat in his left hand, ready for dark bead I'm sure.

I cast SMS and rush him while my bud is freakin out (on the phone mind you), and raaaaaaaaaaaaaaape this dude. I had Dark Bead, Chaos +4 shortsword, pyro, HCSM, this dude raged, I could tell.

He thought his wep buff was good...no....thought his pursuers ='d easy mode.....no.....it, was, hilarious.
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:10 am

Every once and a while when I'm invading in PW I get a host that would stand at the bridge (just as OP said) and would wait for me to spawn just to knock me off. It's happened three times so far and only worked once, so unless they plan on spamming Fire Tempest or WoG it's actually not that hard to kill them.

I remember invading a host a few months ago in Anor Londo and he would make me look for him. I always found him dressed in full havels standing in a hallway blocking off the rest of the way. Every time I would try to break his defense he would start poking at me with what seemed to be a winged spear.
    He was able to kill me his first time but when I invaded and saw him doing the same thing I decided to go around. So after I got in through the other entrance and started walking to the door I actually realized it was closed and had to take the other way. Needless to say he wasn't alone, he had two other phantoms with him doing the exact same f*cking thing. It was the first time I've ever had to block someone just so I could stop invading their world.

Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:28 am

Stun bs is one of the most evil things you can do to another player. Most of the time it's unescapable and it ends matches in one hit if you use the right weapon, especially with the Hornet ring and/or at the 100 ledge. Not so dangerous at higher levels but it's crazy against people with less than 76 poise. I invaded a PW gank today where I got banged by three other players spamming pyro, sorc, and poking with a lighting Uchi while his friend turtled on the bridge with a greatshield. A few minutes later, I invaded the lighting uchi side of the gank, he was a phantom before but now he was questing and alone. One hit with the stun bs. 1450 damage. Revenge was sweet.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Stun bs is one of the most evil things you can do to another player. Most of the time it's unescapable and it ends matches in one hit if you use the right weapon, especially with the Hornet ring and/or at the 100 ledge. Not so dangerous at higher levels but it's crazy against people with less than 76 poise. I invaded a PW gank today where I got banged by three other players spamming pyro, sorc, and poking with a lighting Uchi while his friend turtled on the bridge with a greatshield. A few minutes later, I invaded the lighting uchi side of the gank, he was a phantom before but now he was questing and alone. One hit with the stun bs. 1450 damage. Revenge was sweet.

By stun BS I assume you mean stunning(or stunlocking) someone with a weapon similar to a UGS and circling for a BS?

Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Except 4 Darkmoon Invaders, if you invade another persons world its just you meeting your Karma!

As a PvEer i died by invaders in horroffic ways all the time...

As an invader you choose 2 be evil... so you meet evil...

BS is wrong how it works, its the most stupid thing in the game...

All this: imo

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:40 pm

invaded the catacombs and met a host with two phantoms. one phantom had Artorias' Greatshield and blocked the hall leading to the bonfire, the second phantom wore full Havels' and went balls out spamming the Gold Tracer, while the host stood on top of the ladder with the fog ring and spammed pursuers and dark bead.

spawned near the stairs in the forest, the host bows and waves at me so i bow in return, only to get a leaping plunging attack from a phantom that i didn't even know was on the stairs above me.

with honorable mentions to invisible pursuers, housewives that spam the Gold Tracer or Dark Bead, flipping spear pokers, elf ear wearing sorcerers that spam cast knowing they are laggy ***** and anyone who invades the burg at soul level 1 using lightning weapons.
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Stun bs is one of the most evil things you can do to another player. Most of the time it's unescapable and it ends matches in one hit if you use the right weapon, especially with the Hornet ring and/or at the 100 ledge. Not so dangerous at higher levels but it's crazy against people with less than 76 poise. I invaded a PW gank today where I got banged by three other players spamming pyro, sorc, and poking with a lighting Uchi while his friend turtled on the bridge with a greatshield. A few minutes later, I invaded the lighting uchi side of the gank, he was a phantom before but now he was questing and alone. One hit with the stun bs. 1450 damage. Revenge was sweet.

By stun BS I assume you mean stunning(or stunlocking) someone with a weapon similar to a UGS and circling for a BS?
    Essentially yes. If you unlock, you can stun and then pivot bs before they can recover. Most people either mash circle or try to toggle out and you can get them. It's fairly consistent if you're close to them when you land the first hit, but it really only works with weapons that stun the enemy for long periods of time like UGS. You can't pull it off with a kat or gold tracer.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

ringo_mogire_SZS
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:29 pm

^I do that with my DGA. twisted

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:32 pm

FlorisFreakshow wrote:Except 4 Darkmoon Invaders, if you invade another persons world its just you meeting your Karma!

As a PvEer i died by invaders in horroffic ways all the time...

As an invader you choose 2 be evil... so you meet evil...

BS is wrong how it works, its the most stupid thing in the game...

All this: imo
    Invaders serve an important role in decreasing the OPness of summoned players. I have no problem invading three questers- their job is to protect the host and get him to the boss. But people who summon friends and wait to farm invaders- that is, gankers, are exploiting the game mechanics for their own cheap amusement. Do you call someone "evil" when he shoots you in CoD or kills you in a fighting game? Of course not, because it's a game designed around multiplayer, and so is DkS.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm

PvEer meets pro BS ser... Gamemechanics, lol...
    Like rosie, fun, trolling etc.
    Honor by killing...
    No i also dislike ganking with 3 ppl. (rosie, sexy is ok?)

Invaders also exploid gamemechanics... Look Skyward

I do not play any other game that has pvp so...

Casual
    Casual

Post by Hallsey on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:48 pm

i cant help but hate the invaders who hide behind hosilte AI. it gets really annoying at times.

xboxGT : Livid Crim
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Never seen 4 phantoms in 800 hours of playing. I'm calling hacking or BS.

The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Essentially yes. If you unlock, you can stun and then pivot bs before they can recover. Most people either mash circle or try to toggle out and you can get them. It's fairly consistent if you're close to them when you land the first hit, but it really only works with weapons that stun the enemy for long periods of time like UGS. You can't pull it off with a kat or gold tracer.

Yep, I was just making sure I knew what you were talking about.

I've seen many people do it with Ultra Great weapons, but I hate when someone does with with Force or WoG.

Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 am

FlorisFreakshow wrote:PvEer meets pro BS ser... Gamemechanics, lol...
    Honor by killing...

In Dark Souls there is no PvE unless you go totally offline. The game itself relies on both help and hindrance from other people. Theoretically an invader and a white phantom balance each other out. There's no right or wrong way to play the game, but gankers are rigging a balanced system to give themselves an unfair advantage out of a sense of superiority ("invaders are all evil bastards"). They might as well call a mob or boss evil when it kills them, it's misplaced morality.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 am

Tickstab is never inescapable AFAIK. Unless you've discovered some kind of way to do it that I haven't. Instant-pivot into attack/parry/backstep/roll should get you out of it. With enough latency and/or if the guy doing it is sloppy, you can just kick him.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:49 am

I've never faced 4 phantoms simultaneously, but I did have a host who summoned two during the fight after his first two died. Hey, getting 2 out of 5 isn't too bad! big grin

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Tickstab is never inescapable AFAIK. Unless you've discovered some kind of way to do it that I haven't. Instant-pivot into attack/parry/backstep/roll should get you out of it. With enough latency and/or if the guy doing it is sloppy, you can just kick him.
    Fair enough, I should say that "almost no one knows how to counter it" and that it's usually foolproof against most people, especially because people aren't expecting it due to fear of a UGS stunlock.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    FlorisFreakshow wrote:PvEer meets pro BS ser... Gamemechanics, lol...
    Honor by killing...

In Dark Souls there is no PvE unless you go totally offline. The game itself relies on both help and hindrance from other people. Theoretically an invader and a white phantom balance each other out. There's no right or wrong way to play the game, but gankers are rigging a balanced system to give themselves an unfair advantage out of a sense of superiority ("invaders are all evil bastards"). They might as well call a mob or boss evil when it kills them, it's misplaced morality.

Ok, now i see...
    Just got really into PvP the last few weeks.
    Before i played more vs E and co-opping.
    Invaders were like Unbeatable Mini Bosses 2 me...

Today I was summoned 2 the forest in a Gangsquad....
    There wa 0,01% the invader survived his entrance...
    I never seen this before... not nice @ all!

Myself i like to host in the forest and hunt invaders (Catbros & Wraiths) Or get hunted by them...
    So its always: me vs 1, me vs 2, me + 1 v 2 or me + 1 vs 1...
    (lol descreption...)
    Sometimes unfair, but everybody has a chance of winning...

Why not invade from Sifs Bridge?

Storm_Fleshcloak

Post by Storm_Fleshcloak on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:59 am

Someone once rolled directly through my character, and I mean like right through, you could see the clipping and everything, and killed me with a backstab.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 am