The most horrifying tactics ever

Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: The most horrifying tactics ever

Post by Anchises on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:28 pm

So invading in the forest, twice I've come across a red phantom wearing the bloated sorcerer's head, gough's chest piece, and some equally beastly weapons, the great club I think. Both times he's killed me as soon as I see him. It's been pretty freaky to be honest.

I cannot get out, said the starling).

"It wasn't terrible in there, but I could hardly move..."

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:00 am

Picking up a RSS and casting pursuers as I spawn so I get 1-shot before I can even raise my shield... 3 times!

Picking up an RSS in the burg and healing almost 4 times:D -- no shock, right?... but then I get 874,xxx souls!! This clown is in the burg picking up signs at level 708!!... and hitting the estus hard. This was with my 156 toon -- I don't even pick up signs at all with him, I thought I was over-leveled (haha -- rare to find someone under 250 in my experience). Because I know most of them are going to be around 125. Maybe not a tactic, per se... but healing immediately after he took damage, it just felt like it was a default move for him and at SL 708? The only thing he maybe could have been made about is getting stun-locked with a standard +15 un-buffed claymore.

And the final one and the one that I believe takes the cake... a host in burg is summoning two at a time to fight and just hosting. I've just won a fight and my next opponent appears confused. Eventually he runs up the steps, the host gets him to go back down and after I bow, he still looks lost and runs back up the steps... Look Skyward Eventually, a third dark spirit shows and the two of us begin to duel... then, predictably, this idiot comes down the stairs again. I see him and put my shield up looking at him and the third guy hangs back; and the idiot starts to swing at me after refusing every opportunity to engage 1v1 -- twice! It gets better: I trade blows with him and get him on the run he runs to the area with the stairs down to the merchant, but when I give chase the 3rd guy either decides I'm a jerk for defending myself against this moron or he is also a moron and thought he had a remote chance of hitting the other guy (he didn't) but finishes me off instead. :evil:

edit: I guess the other guy was a moron either way...

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:42 am

Oh, how could I forget fake duelers?

Just had an interesting one, right after my last post. A host with a sunbro are hanging around looking fairly legit. The host guns up the stairs and the sunbro moves across from me as if to bow. I'm waiting though, and he buffs with magic weapon so I go for DMB and somehow he hits me and BSes before I can recover. I get up, roll once maybe twice but at least moved from one side of the duel area to the other. The host joins the "fight" as I'm looking for enough room, to at least hit wotg or maybe a humanity. I try wotg with DMB still selected and get the "duh, what happened?" animation, then I take two more steps and get back-stabbed from where I originally stood up from the first backstab... Well What is it

Obviously whatever else they were doing is a horrifying pvp tactic, but I wouldn't even know what it is. Lag switch? Hack? IDK... anyone ever heard of 3-5 second wait between a pair of chained BSes?

The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:58 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Oh, how could I forget fake duelers?

Just had an interesting one, right after my last post. A host with a sunbro are hanging around looking fairly legit. The host guns up the stairs and the sunbro moves across from me as if to bow. I'm waiting though, and he buffs with magic weapon so I go for DMB and somehow he hits me and BSes before I can recover. I get up, roll once maybe twice but at least moved from one side of the duel area to the other. The host joins the "fight" as I'm looking for enough room, to at least hit wotg or maybe a humanity. I try wotg with DMB still selected and get the "duh, what happened?" animation, then I take two more steps and get back-stabbed from where I originally stood up from the first backstab... Well What is it

Obviously whatever else they were doing is a horrifying pvp tactic, but I wouldn't even know what it is. Lag switch? Hack? IDK... anyone ever heard of 3-5 second wait between a pair of chained BSes?

Just sounds like a bad case of lag.

I hate fake duelers as well, especially when the host doesn't jump in until after his phantom is at minimal health. I've even had people do that to me then bow after they killed me. Look Skyward

Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Oh, how could I forget fake duelers?

Just sounds like a bad case of lag.

I hate fake duelers as well, especially when the host doesn't jump in until after his phantom is at minimal health. I've even had people do that to me then bow after they killed me. Look Skyward

Seriously, could I do all that in a period of lag? Enough time for 2 rolls, a 'no spell, you jackass' animation and two steps... I've seen a lot or terrible lag, but I've never had anything approaching the neighborhood of lag that bad...

As far as the bowing afterwards, I don't think that I've run into many that haven't bowed. One pair bowed after then the host spammed the joy gesture. lol! I think I might have been there first kill ever. I get the feeling that some are truly that naive and clueless. I've had a few RSS gankers where one greeted me with a bow and gave no pretense of anythink other than a gank. People are weird...

Oh, that reminds me! The guy who refused to engage twice and then jumped into a duel actually had the stones to write back "sorry" after I wrote something between gg and hatemail.

Another weird one: I was dueling a host who summoned another phantom while we were fighting (I hate that for at least 3 reasons...) and this guy hits wotg immediately after spawning almost hitting us while we duel. The host scurries off apparently leaving us to fight. And this dude actually bows! And then, reacted like 'wtf?' when I tried to hit him while he bowed. He ran down the stairs and then kept shooting arrows at me while I was behind a wall. I actually ran out into the open after he shot and then ducked back until he gave up and decided to fight. lol! That was a very satisfying win. Anyone else who gets summoned in the middle of a fight either gets out of the way or at least has the conviction to commit to being a cheap, blood-thirsty jerk.

Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 pm

I was killing forest invaders last night at sl230. A red shows up, annoying with poison arrows, he runs away making me run the loop through the entire forest twice. I have a phantom with me. A blue invades and goes 1v1 with my phantom and kills him. Then the blue comes over we fight, I kill the blue.

Then finally the coward red comes in trying get my back, but i killed the blue too fast. The red musters the courage to face me alone. We duel, I own him, I have a sliver of health left, he runs away.....again. At this point I'm tired, I just chase. He pops a humanity as I deliver the final blow. Then I die because I'm completely out of stamina.

I hate runners and healers, have some balls and stand and fight.

DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:48 am

Ì never have and never will gank anyone. No appeal for me.
    But invaders complaining about it is pretty pathetic and (mostly but not always) hypocritical imho. I've read the arguments to the contrary but don't buy them. Those arguments are not applicable to the majority of invaders I've come across in my 18 months or whatever playing this game.
    As someone else said, this game is perfect for trolling and it precisely because some people take the game so seriously that trolling is fun for others.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm gonna make a sl 250 DMB using the Avelyn, Gough's Bow, and Pursuers...its gonna be a riot watching the guilty try and roll lol. I cant wait. I havent griefed since Demon's Souls.

What should my 4th weapon be? No shields. I don't want any survivability. Even though it'll be op as hell, I still wanna die and say, "You deserve it dude...gg".

Any thoughts?

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Yes. Necro'ing my threads is punishable by death at the hands of a particular vampire who is with me..
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Animaaal wrote:I'm gonna make a sl 250 DMB using the Avelyn, Gough's Bow, and Pursuers...its gonna be a riot watching the guilty try and roll lol. I cant wait. I havent griefed since Demon's Souls.

What should my 4th weapon be? No shields. I don't want any survivability. Even though it'll be op as hell, I still wanna die and say, "You deserve it dude...gg".

Any thoughts?

Main hand or off hand?

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:29 am

^Ya know what, I think I'll do the Stone Greatsword...too op? I thought about a off hand Gold Tracer, but I dont want any melee.

I figure if they make it to me, then they pretty much win. I don't want to be able to block, parry, backstab, or melee.

I want to be like a mini obstacle course, and if they make it to me and can't kill me, then they deserve to die sorta thing.

***Pyros could compensate for melee, so not those either.
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:34 am

Animaaal wrote:I'm gonna make a sl 250 DMB using the Avelyn, Gough's Bow, and Pursuers...its gonna be a riot watching the guilty try and roll lol. I cant wait. I havent griefed since Demon's Souls.

Any thoughts?

I have a SL 200 DMB.

He gets no matches.

All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:51 am

Why?
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:55 am

Just too high to invade.

Most builds stop at 120. They have to have 80 sin for you to fight them.

Those people are rare.

I ended up switching that toon to Forest Hunter and using SLB because they get invasions at any level.

Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

Dark souls fencing

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:20 am

dang it, I thought the ring and orb worked the same way. Any action at 200 in dark anor?
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 am

Dark Anor is any level I think except it is a poor man's forest. It'll take you an hour to get a match.

Dark souls fencing

xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Im fine with any tactic. Duels are fun but can become dull after a while, so a change of pace is fun. However i absolutely loathe only one tactic: using replenishment in a serious 1v1.... if you heal once with one chug of a flask they get pissed.
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:52 pm

Encountered in forest a few days ago

-Spawn campers
    -Smart players, could parry, knew how to time attacks, knew how to attack away to avoid getting parried
    -2v1 gank (One host one phantom)
    -Katanas
    -Wotg
    -Dark magic (pursuers, dark bead)
    -Hornet Ring
    -TWOP (every chance they got, when I BS'd them, when I got BS'd, etc)
    -77+ poiae
    -Over 2k hp per character
    -All monsters/NPCs dead
    -Seemingly endless supply of Estus

Could probably do better withdivine blessings + one more phantom on top of that, but it's pretty scary on its own. I died so many times against those two I swear

Post by OmegaX105 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 am

Most annoying tactics...This wasnt annoying as it was frustrating. I once invaded a host with 2 phantoms who were obviously hackers. They were filpping in full havels and had infinite casts of WoG and DMB. They had modded weapons and infinte stamina (though not infinte hp) I am not that good but luckly neither were they. I actually managed to defeat them and when i had won i got a message that said "wow u bsing stupid *ing piece of *. Go * your self you *." Sigh.... Look Skyward

Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:45 am

OmegaX105 wrote: Most annoying tactics...This wasnt annoying as it was frustrating. I once invaded a host with 2 phantoms who were obviously hackers. They were filpping in full havels and had infinite casts of WoG and DMB. They had modded weapons and infinte stamina (though not infinte hp) I am not that good but luckly neither were they. I actually managed to defeat them and when i had won i got a message that said "wow u bsing stupid *ing piece of *. Go * your self you *." Sigh....
    That's the nice thing, hacks and cheats will never replace player skill twisted

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 am

Invaded someone the other day using dark bead, pursuers and power within. They were lagging too, so I thought I'd rolled out of the magic attacks only to drop dead 2 seconds later. Then they start with the what is it gestures. I'd be asking the same thing about their connection but they obviously knew how to make the lag work for them!

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:18 am

I think people do lag spiking with magic for optimal effectiveness. That may be the reason all these lag attack magic users exist.
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:46 am

Yeah, I think you're definitely right. I ended up invading this guy three times and every time the same thing happened. Still, it doesn't bother me- if it hadn't been for the lag I would have just run around waiting for his power within to grind his health down!

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 am

I just hate people with the nerve to do it.
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 am

Agreed, it's very frustrating, especially since there's virtually no settings you can change yourself to even things up against players who do this (on PS3 anyway).

I used to play JKA and there were very similar lagspikers but fortunately on that game you had a wealth of options you could tweak to even things up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am