Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
BagerX2
Myztyrio
Wardo235
7 posters

Help With The Duke's Archives (PS3)

Wardo235

Help With The Duke's Archives (PS3) Empty Help With The Duke's Archives (PS3)

Post by Wardo235 Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:22 pm

I can't get past the two boars at the start because of the tight corridors so would be grateful if someone could help me clear the area as I don't thin I'll be able to get through it by myself
    My PSN is Negative_Speed.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Help With The Duke's Archives (PS3) Empty Re: Help With The Duke's Archives (PS3)

Post by Myztyrio Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:36 pm

What's your SL?
    Wardo235

Help With The Duke's Archives (PS3) Empty Re: Help With The Duke's Archives (PS3)

Post by Wardo235 Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:40 pm

36 or 38
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:16 pm

are yuo staying that level? if you get to 40 I can help I think. Im pretty sure you can summon my sl 55 if you hit 40.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 pm

41, actually.
    Wardo235

Post by Wardo235 Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:33 am

Ok and no I'm not staying that level I'll try to get to 41 then
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:55 am

I can help but I'm not sure if you can summon there, I'm fairly certain you need to go down the rotating platform (towards AL) and down the stairs to drop the WSS.
    And I tried to meet someone at the first bonfire past the boars but couldn't summon there either...
    Debido
    Debido

Post by Debido Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:02 pm

I don't think u can summon there till after u get raped by seath the first time and get to that b fire near hidden book shelf passage
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Actually, you have to leave the prison area -- though I believe it's possible to be invaded there. The first spot you can sign is after you climb the ladder and open the giant door.

As for the boars, they're very weak to fire (fyi -- in the undead parish you can go up the stairs to the right without aggro-ing him and chuck firebombs at him from above and he won't move). If you have pyro, especially combustion they're a joke. Black firebombs are viable, too -- however you need an opening to throw them without getting gored. You should be ok, though because you'll have plenty of stamina since you're not using a weapon. Quelaag's fury sword should cut them up, no prob and to a lesser extent any fire upgrade weapon (preferably something quick). I would use the charcoal resin as a last resort, though. It's a very weak buff, but at least it's fire. And, of course, lightning also works fairly well.

...this link has a full breakdown; including some cheese tactics if all else fails.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected stupid spelling error & spacing)
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 pm

You can pull the first boar from the entrance to the hallway, he'll charge at you but turn around when he gets to the entrance. That will give you a chance to chuck a firebomb at him or cast a spell. Then you can repeat. The second boar can be poisoned via poison mist from around the corner. Alternatively, you can sprint past him into the elevator (the door is too narrow for him to fit) and attack him with whatever ranged options you want.
    Wardo235

Post by Wardo235 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Ok thanks for your answers. I have fire orb and great chaos fireball so I am sure I'll be able to take them out as I didn't think to use that. I'm just wondering though I have quelagg's furysword and that does fire damage but it does around 20 damage each attack, maybe even less, why is this if it is weak to fire?

Also do they respawn once you rest at a bonfire on die?
    And how do I get this poison mist pyromancy the wiki speaks of?
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:59 pm

No, they don't respawn (luckily). The poison mist is sold by Eingyi, that egg guy next to Quelaag's sister. I'm not sure why the furysword does so little damage, but I know that pyro and sorceries do pretty good damage to them. Good luck.
    Wardo235

Post by Wardo235 Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Ok thanks I know where the egg guy is and I'll go buy that from him and I will again attempt the boars.
    Wardo235

Post by Wardo235 Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Ok I have no defeated the two boars after repeatedly throwing pyromancies at the first one and doing the same to the second one except after I trapped him by standing in the corner. I'm trying to go through the archives now but the soldiers have a low defence but a high attack and the channeler is really annoying as well as the fact that I have to kill the ice golem to advance in the DLC. Any ideas on these guys?
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:47 pm

What kind of build/gear are you using? The channelers go down fast if you have good pyro0. To deal with the channelers using melee, get a shield with high magic defense (I recommend the Crest shield, also try to upgrade it as much as you can to improve stability). But don't rush up to the channelers recklessly, as you'll leave yourself open to attacks from the crystal archers. If you have the fog ring, that will help in this area. If not, just proceed carefully and you should be able to fight the crystal soldiers 1 at a time. These guys hit really hard so getting ganged up on pretty much means certain death.
    Wardo235

Post by Wardo235 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Well I managed to defeat the ice golem and I ran at the channeler and I nearly killed him but he teleported away which is really annoying so I was overwhelmed by the remaining crystal soldiers. I have quelaag's furysword which would maek short work of him if he were to not teleport away.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 am

You just have to be patient. Concentrate on taking out the crystal soldiers first, one at a time. If you have a bow, there are also some angles where you can hit the channeler, while he can't hit you with his sorcery.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:39 am

Keep moving, everywhere in the archives proper someone's either shooting arrows or using sorcery. Use cover, never stay in the middle of a room. Pull the enemies back room with the elevator and use the cover. Go for back-stabs to use I-frames and kill more efficiently. Try to kill everyone before the channeler in the bonfire room or behind the bookshelf. If he teleports away (he'll be on the stairs, but make sure you know where he is) take out the crystal soldiers using the giant pillar as cover, then go after the channeler again -- watch out for more archers.

youtube walkthrough
    Wardo235

Post by Wardo235 Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Ok I'll try

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm