Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Ghadis_God
densetsushun
User1
psychichobo
8 posters

A good fire weapon!

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

A good fire weapon! Empty A good fire weapon!

Post by psychichobo Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Title says it all. I'm trying a pure vit/end build with pyromancy for tanking in co-op, and thus I figured I'd need a good elemental weapon to keep me going. My last two builds were str/dex and dex/faith so I've never tried elemental stuff before.

I was thinking the reinforced club, it seems fairly powerful, has a good R2 attack, and causes bleed. Range bugs me a little, but I can use it without putting any extra points into Dex or str from the lvl 1 pyro. Morningstar comes a nice second, but a bit samey?

So, I'm looking to get a lightning weapon and a fire weapon. Which would you lot recommend, and also what good strategies are there for getting to Vamos without a Divine weapon?

(I'm trying to avoid weapons that I have to level up a lot to get, instead focusing on piling on the stats in vit/end, so I'd prefer easy to access weapons if possible)
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

A good fire weapon! Empty Re: A good fire weapon!

Post by User1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Fire Great Scythe rips everything up to the point after O&S. And you can speedrun the Catacombs to get to Vamos at the start of the game. (Done myself before, requires quite a lot of experiance with the Catacombs.) Great Scythe only needs 14 str and dex, and when it becomes a bit weak, you can go +15 buffs, or increase fire even more.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:59 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Fire Great Scythe rips everything up to the point after O&S. And you can speedrun the Catacombs to get to Vamos at the start of the game. (Done myself before, requires quite a lot of experiance with the Catacombs.) Great Scythe only needs 14 str and dex, and when it becomes a bit weak, you can go +15 buffs, or increase fire even more.
    It takes quite a bit of practice and dying but in the end, you can bumrush that area with no poise big grin I'd suggest trying it out with a Knight though, the poise helps prevent the skeles from scimi spamming you to death.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:Fire Great Scythe rips everything up to the point after O&S. And you can speedrun the Catacombs to get to Vamos at the start of the game. (Done myself before, requires quite a lot of experiance with the Catacombs.) Great Scythe only needs 14 str and dex, and when it becomes a bit weak, you can go +15 buffs, or increase fire even more.
    It takes quite a bit of practice and dying but in the end, you can bumrush that area with no poise big grin I'd suggest trying it out with a Knight though, the poise helps prevent the skeles from scimi spamming you to death.
    I did this for nearly every class. First time I did it as a Pyromancer, and my 0 poise made it hell the first time around.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Hmm, Scythe does sound promising.... though with my Pyromancer I'm at lvl 20 and sunk ALL my points into vit/end, and am rocking some alright armour too. 12 str and 9 dex does kind of make me want to stick with my clubs, but I'll think about the scythe. I do like bleed too...

Quick question - don't you need a green shard to make a weapon fire? And it has to be +5 first right? If so, where's the best place to get me a quick shard?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:55 pm

There's one on the way to Vamos, on one of the ledges you fall down to. There's also one in the Blighttown swamp, and one in New Londo after Ingward. However, Fire+10 is the weakest elemental upgrade path. You'd be better off with Chaos and utilizing the humanity scaling.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 pm

To get to vamos without a divine weapon to keep the skeletons down, I suggest you make a dash for the necromancer, kill him, die if you have to, then fight your way to your souls then run to the next necromancer.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:05 pm

chaos gargoyle halberd.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 pm

The Barbed Straight Sword and Falchion are both great weapons that don't require much of a stat investment. The Barbed SS has bleed going for it, while the Falchion is a great poise breaker.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:The Barbed Straight Sword and Falchion are both great weapons that don't require much of a stat investment. The Barbed SS has bleed going for it, while the Falchion is a great poise breaker.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Maybe a Broadsword until you get the Barbed Sword (same moveset). Maybe 2 hand a Bastard Sword?

If you're doing a vit/end build, you can utilize heavier weapons as oppose to doing just a straight vit build.

I'd say without changing str or dex, then prolly a Battle Axe/Reinforced Club.

A light Crossbow might not be a bad option either.

***EDIT***

If you are willing to put some points into stats, a Partizan might not be a bad option. Especially if you wanna pvp with it imo. I'm fond of the Partizan.

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : structure/spelling/strikethrough)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 am

Several of the smaller hammer type weapons wouldn't be bad choices, though in my own experience with them the Reinforced Club is a pretty good way to go.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 am

Ya, RC is good. Idk dude, you might consider taking your dex to 13 using a falchion, and 2 handing a Bastard Sword though. I like the Barbed Straight Sword though too.

At 12 strength the Gargoyle Shield aint bad at all. Take your dex to 13. For a vit build its only like 40 hp around soul level 100.

Then you could 2 hand a Bastard Sword when you wanted.

However at 14 str and 13 dex, you could use a Silver Knight Shield, Partizan, and Falchion. it would cost 5 soul levels...40-50hp?

At 12 strength and 10 dex you could use a lightcrossbow, Barbed Straight Sword, and Gargoyle Shield. Costing only 1 soul level.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:53 pm

The Barbed Sword sounds good, though my concern is getting Kirk to drop the darn thing. Humanity farming time! Same with Garg shield sadly...

Currently I'm at 12 Str and 9 Dex. I might take it up a little for the Heavy Crossbow, see how differently it acts to the Light one.

Man, having a low dex early is annoying. It's just finding the balance between strength and speed, and figuring out how different weapons act when given an element. I'll see if Kirk drops his sword when I find him in the Depths, and if not I'll see about some other stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm