Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Myztyrio
T-King-667
LunarFog
RANT
Lordvega
9 posters

Strength Build

Lordvega

Strength Build Empty Strength Build

Post by Lordvega Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=YmFuZGl0LDUwLDgsNjAsNTAsOSwxMSw4LDEwLDAsNTksMjAsNDcsNTAsMzEsMywxNTMsNjUsMCw1NCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxsaWdodG5pbmcsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2RlbiwxLDAsMA==

what do you think of this as a strength build? I'm kind of a noob to PvP and I wanted to start. This is what I came up with, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Strength Build Empty Re: Strength Build

Post by RANT Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 am

first of all you need 18 dex to use the bkga and i hate saying this but if yorue new to pvp a str build is not gonna be easy but if you rerally wanna use the bkgs try somoething like thishttp://mmdks.com/113h dump the rest in vit and end to get whatever vit or armor you fee like using.
    Lordvega

Post by Lordvega Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Why is it not going to be easy? Are strength weapon inferior? Keep in mind the only PvP experience I have is people invading me and usually beating me.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Lordvega wrote:Why is it not going to be easy? Are strength weapon inferior? Keep in mind the only PvP experience I have is people invading me and usually beating me.

Being pure strength is definitely easier than being pure dex. It's going to be pretty easy. The only 2 things you have to look out for if you're a pure strength tank is backstabbers and magic spammers.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 pm

the weapons take some getting used to, 9 out of 10 people will do nothing but roll bs you, they will not even attack you, if youre patient enough they will make mistakes, the best weapons agains roll bs'ers are the ones that have a wide arc like the dgm, unlock as much as possible and you'll be fine. the best thing you can do is run up to them press r1 and aim behind you so you catch them on their roll bs. the bkga is kinda easy to parry if you just spam r1 so try to unlock to dead angle their parry attempts, if youre ok with fat roll or med roll i would say go with 50 str and use havel's shield(best greatshield in the game) also use the dgm since it scales really well with dex. i coulld write more but my lil man keep sepping my laptop as i write this lol
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm

RantFromRant wrote:the weapons take some getting used to, 9 out of 10 people will do nothing but roll bs you, they will not even attack you, if youre patient enough they will make mistakes, the best weapons agains roll bs'ers are the ones that have a wide arc like the dgm, unlock as much as possible and you'll be fine. the best thing you can do is run up to them press r1 and aim behind you so you catch them on their roll bs. the bkga is kinda easy to parry if you just spam r1 so try to unlock to dead angle their parry attempts, if youre ok with fat roll or med roll i would say go with 50 str and use havel's shield(best greatshield in the game) also use the dgm since it scales really well with dex. i coulld write more but my lil man keep sepping my laptop as i write this lol
    Remember hes a newby to pvp so all the talk about roll bs, dgm's, deadangles etc is gonna confuse the hell out of him. I guess the reason why most would go for dex is because dex weapons are usually faster and seeing how absolutely everybody in pvp must fast roll its no surprise how they would see str weapons as "inferior" weapons. But nobody can tell you what weapons to use, just take a look through the wiki at some of the str weapons and when you find one that looks cool and you think will suit you go get it (the wiki tells you where it is) and upgrade it and mess around with it.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    Lordvega wrote:Why is it not going to be easy? Are strength weapon inferior? Keep in mind the only PvP experience I have is people invading me and usually beating me.

Being pure strength is definitely easier than being pure dex. It's going to be pretty easy. The only 2 things you have to look out for if you're a pure strength tank is backstabbers and magic spammers.

You need to look out for those no matter what. Those types of people are the ones that ruin our Dark Souls community.
    Lordvega

Post by Lordvega Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I really enjoyed using the Zweihander and the Black Knight Greataxe in my first playthrough and new game plus, and I thought the power of strength weapons was really neat. Also almost every person who has invaded me was using a katana, save one guy who was using this magic that I didn't recognize and one hit me lol. But thanks again, and I will try and make a strength build out of this.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:53 pm

that' what we're here for, specially for someone that wants to make a str build and know how nine out of ten people in the dark souls community have no originality all.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 pm

You need DEX for those weapons.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 am

Sorry this is slightly off topic, but is there honestly a universal progression of weapons and armour choices people go through when they play DkS? I say this, because OP mentioned that he really liked the Zwei and BKGA on first play through, and that's exactly the same as a mate of mine, and me during my playthrough. I also noticed that when my mate started playing, he initially used light armours such as Gold hemmed set, crimson set, and moved onto Giants set for a while also. I also tend to notice this with newer players during PvP too.

I just find it really interesting, and also kind of funny. happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:00 am

My very first Str build (the one I used to pass the game for the first time) never liked neither. Zweih because it was C/C (never liked C/C weapons) and BKGA because of too much Dex to use it. He was aiming to use the hardcore demon weapons and ended using DGA. He equipped Giant Armor and Paladin Armor because of high defense. Never showed interest in the light armors. He fat rolled.
    Cachorrao
    Cachorrao

Post by Cachorrao Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:22 am

Hey y'all, whats up?
    I'm looking for a Strength Build too, i just check here a lot of ideas to maybe run it in a future soon, whos know?

Sorry to do it, just dont wanna make a thread for it, i new in Dark Souls, i start with a Warrior but turn it a kind of foolish jester, then i try to make a Sorcerer and check how easy is to run around with this.

But i dont like spells and mages, i always play with Knight every game ive been played i use Knights, i have to say in both character i rung both bells, and in Warrior MAN was so hard, i dont know if this is because was my first time in game, or dont know, but in sorcerer with Mildred summon and probably 4-5 Soul Spear's and other things its done and i was like...WHAT?

Remmember i just play in PvE, and i want to know how strength runs in Dark Souls, so since i become a mugenmonkey fan hahaha i made so many crazy builds haha, but what about this?

http://mmdks.com/11hx

it is a good idea or waste of time?
    I try to use BK Great Axe but damage is less then GA Lightining full and some points less, but lightining run in everywhere in Dark Souls or just sometimes? Where i wrong (in everything OKAY haha) and where i make it right?

About SET i choose that cuz i like this, looks good, i don't care about MID and FAST roll, i guess is because i dont know yet, the diference between those.

HELP?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 am

Cachorrao wrote:Hey y'all, whats up?
    I'm looking for a Strength Build too, i just check here a lot of ideas to maybe run it in a future soon, whos know?

Sorry to do it, just dont wanna make a thread for it, i new in Dark Souls, i start with a Warrior but turn it a kind of foolish jester, then i try to make a Sorcerer and check how easy is to run around with this.

But i dont like spells and mages, i always play with Knight every game ive been played i use Knights, i have to say in both character i rung both bells, and in Warrior MAN was so hard, i dont know if this is because was my first time in game, or dont know, but in sorcerer with Mildred summon and probably 4-5 Soul Spear's and other things its done and i was like...WHAT?

Remmember i just play in PvE, and i want to know how strength runs in Dark Souls, so since i become a mugenmonkey fan hahaha i made so many crazy builds haha, but what about this?

I try to use BK Great Axe but damage is less then GA Lightining full and some points less, but lightining run in everywhere in Dark Souls or just sometimes? Where i wrong (in everything OKAY haha) and where i make it right?

About SET i choose that cuz i like this, looks good, i don't care about MID and FAST roll, i guess is because i dont know yet, the diference between those.

HELP?

Why not use a DGA or any of the demon weapons. Zweih and the other "Str" weapons are for the weak. Always upgrade to normal or crystal when using a Str weapon if your Str is close to 40 (27 2 handed).
    Cachorrao
    Cachorrao

Post by Cachorrao Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    Cachorrao wrote:Hey y'all, whats up?

HELP?

Why not use a DGA or any of the demon weapons. Zweih and the other "Str" weapons are for the weak. Always upgrade to normal or crystal when using a Str weapon if your Str is close to 40 (27 2 handed).

So is not a big deal Lightining? Even for Great AXE?
    Demon Great Axe is hard to obtain early in game, i mean in first Taurus Demon,just try with it and in +15 is better then Great Axe. Help?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 am

Not so hard. Go to Darkroot Forest after defeating Gargoyles. Go past hydra or kill it, join the Forest Hunters and talk to Shiva. Go to Blighttown and you can buy it from him before killing Quelaag. You need 31 Str for 2 hand it. If you have high Str there's no point in upgrading to lightning where you can take advantage of the stat scaling (A, B, etc.). Greataxe is good as elemental though because of low Dex scaling that adds up in the elemental AR.
    Cachorrao
    Cachorrao

Post by Cachorrao Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 am

WyrmHero wrote:Not so hard. Go to Darkroot Forest after defeating Gargoyles. Go past hydra or kill it, join the Forest Hunters and talk to Shiva. Go to Blighttown and you can buy it from him before killing Quelaag. You need 31 Str for 2 hand it. If you have high Str there's no point in upgrading to lightning where you can take advantage of the stat scaling (A, B, etc.). Greataxe is good as elemental though because of low Dex scaling that adds up in the elemental AR.

Hey WyrmHere THANK YOU i will try it. You're right about elementals happy)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm