Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Friend's Ring Help (Resolved)

SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Friend's Ring Help (Resolved) Empty Friend's Ring Help (Resolved)

Post by SpecialNewb Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi, I started playing Demon's Souls when it came out for PSN after playing Dark Souls and really enjoyed it. All I need to platinum the game is the Friend's Ring. Unfortunately I am on NG+4 and even if I kill all remaining NPC black phantoms this cycle I will be 1 short of the Pure White character tendency needed to get the ring.

My SL is 171 in NA and I am looking for someone to do me a big favor and let me hold the ring just long enough to get the trophy. My PSN is the same as my username. If you want to swing some sort of trade for it, we can discuss that too.

Thanks.

ED: Someone was kind enough to help me out in exchange for help with their own platinum.

Last edited by SpecialNewb on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Friend's Ring Help (Resolved) Empty Re: Friend's Ring Help (Resolved)

Post by Odinbear Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

NG+++++

Well What is it
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Odinbear wrote:NG+++++

Well What is it
    Sigh. Don't really want to have to beat maneaters again (this means I don't know if I can do it). Still, that is always an option as long as I play offline.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 am

Aww sucky.
    If you do white char tendency first it's way easier, since you can do a lot more things to get down to pure black than up to pure white. You can probably do both in a single playthrough if you do white first..
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:15 pm

chantienyee wrote:Aww sucky.
    If you do white char tendency first it's way easier, since you can do a lot more things to get down to pure black than up to pure white. You can probably do both in a single playthrough if you do white first..
    Yeah. I see what you mean... now.

I was doing a blind run since it was my first time through the game so I didn't quite understand how character tendency worked and got into the habbit of killing NPCs at the end of each cycle (like in DkS) only to realize I was missing a ring in NG+3...
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Yup..
    I did a blind run since I hadn't played in a couple years, but then by Allant in NG I realized it probably wasn't possible to platinum, so I started over, having made a guide first. I even screwed up having planned it out ahead of time, 'cause I killed the last level boss before getting my Friend's ring. Lucky for me when I start my second playthrough in platinum I'll already have pure white character tendency immediately..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 am