Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

I am the Queen of Darkroot Forest

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I am the Queen of Darkroot Forest Empty I am the Queen of Darkroot Forest

Post by LunarFog Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:40 pm

I've been messing around with my SL 99 Moonlight build. At first I thought it was crap because I kept losing in the Kiln and Oolacile township, but as soon as I went back to the forest to pick on the forest, I started winning all my matches again. I'm still messing around with my weapons and spells but this is my build

http://mmdks.com/10ex

Hint 1: If you find yourself up against unfair odds, via gank, there's an area to the right of Alvina's building where it's possible to jump over the chasm from one half of the map to the other. It's a difficult jump to make unless you've practiced beforehand, but you can also leave 2 messages or twinkling rocks to make sure you run along the right path to make the jump. Once you do, you have more than enough time to heal, find a hiding spot, or gtfo if you want.

Ring of Fog or Hidden Body is always a good thing to have active when moving about the forest. It doesn't make you invisible, but the effect is works way better than you would think. As a host I've had invaders come within 15-20 feet of me and not notice me(and that's when I was dressed in all white). As an invader the effect still works. It turns your glowing red/blue body into a soft red/blue body. You're still noticable, but not nearly as much.

(Have to test this one) Combining Hush with Hidden body should allow you to get really close to the Ents in the forest without attracting their attention. If you use chameleon there and they don't notice you then your tree is MUCH less suspicious.

I'll add more once I think of it.

Last edited by LunarFog on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I am the Queen of Darkroot Forest Empty Re: I am the Queen of Darkroot Forest

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm

I've had invaders using that crossjump...
    All 3 of them failed horribly silly
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:59 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:I've had invaders using that crossjump...
    All 3 of them failed horribly silly

Yea. It's pretty hard to do. You have to be at the right spot and the right angle, and have good timing. It's saved my life MULTIPLE times though.
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm

LunarFog, if you like the look of the Moonlight build but want a bit more protection you can substitute in the Antiquated Gloves+5 which are much better than the Moonlight Gloves and weighs only 0.1 more. You can hardly tell the difference in looks. I'm sure you know that already, I've just tried it myself and wanted to say it still looks good.
    happy
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 pm

xtal84 wrote:LunarFog, if you like the look of the Moonlight build but want a bit more protection you can substitute in the Antiquated Gloves+5 which are much better than the Moonlight Gloves and weighs only 0.1 more. You can hardly tell the difference in looks. I'm sure you know that already, I've just tried it myself and wanted to say it still looks good.
    happy
    Yea I know. I could also use the Painted Guardian pants for way more armor, but I hardly ever resort to a straight hitting match so I'd much rather go for looks than functionality. I figure the little change in defense won't matter much anyways.
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:57 am

Probably not, and the Moonlight set does have a really unique look to it; it's one of the few skirt/cloak pieces in the game that doesn't look terrible (I'm thinking Maiden, Dingy, Sage...all good defense but very ugly to look at. The best ones seem like the ones with a bit of detail (Antiquated, Moonlight....maybe Crimson). Paint guardian isn't bad either. Hopefully that's something they spruce up with DKS2.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 am

My tactic invading the forest (darkmoon, ****, catbro...)

1. Use chameleon.
    2. Move slowly without being noticed and spot the player.
    3. If you see he is searching for you with a phantom or 2 (ganker alert!) stay hidden and wait for other invader.
    4. Coop with the invader (red, blue...) and kill the gankers.

3B: If the host is alone, you can troll him by staying hidden or maybe using a bait to kill him fast. Judge his tactics by his armor/weapons and his movements.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm