Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Any suggestions?

Hipp0z
    Hipp0z

Any suggestions? Empty Any suggestions?

Post by Hipp0z Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 am

Is this viable? Armor other than mask is currently undecided, looking for advice, thanks. Also thinking maybe Great scythe instead of uchi.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2Fycmlvciw0MCw4LDEyLDE0LDE0LDExLDksOSwwLDU5LDI5LDI5LDI5LDI1LDMxLDE1Myw0NSwwLDEwNixub3JtYWwsbGlnaHRuaW5nLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMSwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHBvaXNvbiwxLDAsMA==
    Hipp0z
    Hipp0z

Any suggestions? Empty Re: Any suggestions?

Post by Hipp0z Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 pm

bump
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:50 pm

What is it for? I assume low level pvp. If thats the case it should work. I would drop the wood ring for hornet. Other than the extra i-frames it wont benefit you as much as the extra crit from the hornet ring.

Edit: Im slow today lol. This is pvp section so yes its for pvp, duh.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 pm

You dont need to two hand with those stats, 14str and 14dex lets you one hand the uchi.

I'd also go with a chaos uchi instead of a lightning. Not that it matters much, but it would give you a legit reason to sport 10 soft humanity.

Ditch the long bow and go with the composite bow, again chaos. And use the combination of poison arrows and moonlight arrows. If you wanna snipe with a bow, use the Dragon Bow. It still knocks people around regardless if you have the stats to use it (I'm assuming this is a griefer build).

I'd also get 1 attunement slot for a pyro. Black Flame? Maybe Power Within? The pyro hand is zero weight, so it wont affect your equip load.

Looks good. And my suggestions are kinda overkill for that soul level anyway.

The build you made is pretty much the same ol' cookie cutter griefer low level build. No offense. Very efficient build however. Good use of stat allocation. Most people make their griefer are kinds of wrong lol.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Animaaal wrote:Most people make their griefer are kinds of wrong lol.

This was mine. How would you rate this?

Build Link

Edit: has two point of extra strength to use claymore or zwei two handed, in case you were wondering.
    Additional edit: Looking back that was the most fun build I have made. I loved invading sens or anor londo without having to wait.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:10 pm

BagerX2 wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Most people make their griefer are kinds of wrong lol.

This was mine. How would you rate this?

Build Link

Edit: has two point of extra strength to use claymore or zwei two handed, in case you were wondering.
    Additional edit: Looking back that was the most fun build I have made. I loved invading sens or anor londo without having to wait.

Without changing your build too much, I'd prolly rock it like this:my version

You'll see at 10 soft humanity the physical differences are minimal, but you gain in elemental defenses. I never go above 10 softs if i can help it.

Chaos weapon if you can, also gives me a reason to use soft humanity lol.

You also get 42 poise which hits the 31,36, and 41 breakpoints nicely (41 for GC pyro)

I say Darkhand, always will. But thats my prefernce. The 80/80/80/80 split is great, and the knockback comes in handy against ultra weapons.

Crest Shield??? Idk man. I'm not sure you'll see a need for the extra stability as compared to the darkhand, meaning that a strong enough spell at that soul level constituting a need for the extra stability. Unless of course you invade a higher soul level.

I'd go with the Coloranthy as opposed to the Bellowing, only because at that soul level, you prolly wont need the extra power.

I put Iron Flesh in there, but now that I think about it, just use great fireball. The dex needed to decrease casting times is really only needed in a 1 vs 1 environment. For instance the parish. If you invade someone and they are dealing with the mob next to the channeler, you'll hardly need the decrease in casting speed.

But then again these are preferences dictated by my personel playstyle

***EDIT***
    I also put BF in there if you have access to the dlc, if not, then go with GC.

Last edited by Animaaal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : spacing/spllng/addition)
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 pm

I like the armor setup. I originally went with what I had because it is all easy to get early, and sealer mask looks cool. The same thing goes for the chaos weapon, I would have gone that route, but lighting was easier to get, would probably go chaos now. I would defiantly use the dark hand now. I have been using it on this build, Build Link, and it has been working out pretty well. On the spells, I dont have access to dlc, so no dark magic.
    Edit: oh yeah lightning again since its easier and im lazy...
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 pm

BagerX2 wrote:...oh yeah lightning again since its easier and im lazy...

Man I thought that for the looooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooongest time. lol!

But all you gotta do to get it is beat Quelaag.

Kill the mini Taurus Demons in Demon Ruins (they dont respawn)

Grab the fire ember and die trying lol.

Then go to the bonfire and make a suicide run for the chaos ember.

Then of course go talk to "chrome bones"

(you still have to farm green shards and red chunks though)

I mean I lterally didnt realize this after 500 or so hours of play, a dozen 120 pvp builds, and I just.......

Ive noticed a lot of people feel this way too.

And sweetness on the Darkhand. The trick (at least for me) is not to rely on the 80% split, but the knockback (for pvp only). I mean what is the first thing you wanna do when someone spams a greatsword at you?...get away right? Once I noticed all I had to do was block and get knocked back in order to avoid stunlocks...I was hooked. To me its invaluable for my zero poise builds.

I get wrecked in pve with it though. sad

***EDIT***
    I think i mixed up the chaos and fire ember locations
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 pm

I might have to try and make a chaos weapon. I have been wanting a chaos zwei. Maybe after Ceaseless Assault Ill turn this character into a "He's back" build for the lols.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am