Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Buggy Virus
Leeroy_Jenkins
k0rruptid
Wade_Wilson
LordRevan
Comodreha
Soulkrazy
Amondaun
User
BLA1NE
Dustofsaturn
kennereth
Gowardo
Robotech
retention_sb
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ChizFreak
21 posters

The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH) Empty The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH)

Post by ChizFreak Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Watch it, it gave me chills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-62fhmWDkx8

Watch it in full screen, and turn up (<< idk if it's well written) volume.

It's fanmade, but I think it's better than ANY gameplay/trailer from sofware/namco has release.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH) Empty Re: The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH)

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Awesome... didn't know you could deflect dragonslayer arrows with force spell, can you damage some one with a reflected arrow?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH) Empty Re: The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH)

Post by ChizFreak Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:Awesome... didn't know you could deflect dragonslayer arrows with force spell, can you damage some one with a reflected arrow?

I believe so, you can also deflect soul arrows, but I'm not brave enough to test if it deflects Soul Spears lol.
    retention_sb
    retention_sb

Post by retention_sb Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm

that...was...EPIC
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:39 am

very nice video... makes you want to play again and again!

it is in the game description also.. force can deflect arrows, nice eh?
    Gowardo
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gowardo Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 am

Feels like its a fan made video, although its VERY well made! They should get this guy to work for them on ALL their marketing silly
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 pm

if force can deflect arrows (soul and dragon slayer) why don't people spam it as a 1 second shield type thing? I mean it's got a short cast time... it's like parrying arrows... sorry if i'm going off topic...
    kennereth

Post by kennereth Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Best trailer, no doubt about it! Sent it to a few friends who haven't played DS yet...
    (also had no idea about this Force effect)...
    Dustofsaturn
    Dustofsaturn
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dustofsaturn Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm shivering it sent so many chills through me. IT'S SO EPIC.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Gowardo wrote:Feels like its a fan made video, although its VERY well made! They should get this guy to work for them on ALL their marketing silly

It's fanmade, sorry I didn't put it in the post, I will edit it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:27 am

I love the All Saints Day trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psG3VxBR7jg

But that was more epic than any of From's trailers, I agree.

@sparkly

Because it's pretty hard to deflect an arrow with force. Takes really precise timing, and just isn't worth it when arrows are actually so easy to side-step! There's probably people out there who like to use the miracle for that, but with the lag you get from online play I doubt many of them do it in co-op too. Using Force to deflect arrows, in my opinion, would fall under the "Just because you can doesn't mean you should" category!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:35 am

Heheheh. After watching some trailers, I feel the chill of inspiring wrath come to me threw my spine. I want to play more. These trailers are great fuels of continuation, I say. Even so a drawer towards the game itself. The trailers are fantastic.

Amondaun
    Amondaun

Post by Amondaun Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 am

AMAZING...simply...AMAZING...
    Soulkrazy
    Soulkrazy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Soulkrazy Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:25 am

Loved how he made some scenes that happened in the story that players wont see during the actual playthrough
    1:19 - attacked prison bars...
    1:56 - last adventure...
    Wow!!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:34 am

BLA1NE wrote:I love the All Saints Day trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psG3VxBR7jg

But that was more epic than any of From's trailers, I agree.

@sparkly

Because it's pretty hard to deflect an arrow with force. Takes really precise timing, and just isn't worth it when arrows are actually so easy to side-step! There's probably people out there who like to use the miracle for that, but with the lag you get from online play I doubt many of them do it in co-op too. Using Force to deflect arrows, in my opinion, would fall under the "Just because you can doesn't mean you should" category!

I love the music of All saints day trailer, All Saints Day - The Silent Comedy
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 am

Those Dark Souls trailer made me discover the band The Silent Comedy, and I absolutely fell in love with them. If only I could find their music in a store... Hell it was hard just finding their album to download! But I really want to purchase it legitimately so they can get some of my money! It's probably on iTunes, but I don't use that.

@Soulkrazy

Yeah, the role-play was a really nice touch!
    Comodreha
    Comodreha

Post by Comodreha Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:20 am

From should really hire that guy.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 am

This is Awesome =)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Only thing I didnt like about that trailer was that it implied Siegmeyer and Solaire were playable characters. Other than that, it was good.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 am

well they are indeed playable, considering you get all of their equipment/weapons/spells ect.

so?

amazing video.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Thu May 31, 2012 9:22 pm

Epic just epic
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Loved it.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:54 am

That was a great trailer. However i like the Bartholomew one a bit better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvljGfsjeqQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Side note, The Silent Comedy's music is available for download on Amazon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:04 am

I love their 2 songs. Its available on itunes to.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:20 am

BLA1NE wrote:Those Dark Souls trailer made me discover the band The Silent Comedy, and I absolutely fell in love with them. If only I could find their music in a store... Hell it was hard just finding their album to download! But I really want to purchase it legitimately so they can get some of my money! It's probably on iTunes, but I don't use that.

@Soulkrazy

Yeah, the role-play was a really nice touch!

After watching the 'Bartholomew' trailer, I just had to have the album. It's called 'Common Faults' by the way. I searched Amazon for it and it was available but it was an import so expensive, so I asked my daughter to get it for me in the U.S. which she did. (or rather my son-in-law did, bless him). I'm not sure where he got it from but will find out if anyone is interested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am