Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Mobfather187
Avenger649
Tolvo
BagerX2
Ghadis_God
Cabjoy
Carphil
WyrmHero
Animaaal
LunarFog
ChizFreak
15 posters

Need help! For some reason I can't invade, see signs, not even messages!

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Need help! For some reason I can't invade, see signs, not even messages! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help! For some reason I can't invade, see signs, not even messages!

Post by ChizFreak Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 pm

densetsushun wrote:I've just thought, the game only checks whether or not you're connected to PSN or not in the beginning, not whether or not you're connected to their servers. In fact I doubt they give any indication as to whether you're connected to their servers or not. Maybe your PS3 cached those signs and are loading those while you're not connecting to From's servers. I assume you can still connect to the PSN correctly?

Not sure what you're suggesting here... but yes I can connect to PSN normally, and play other games normally (as I said I even played Demon's Souls flawlessly).

ublug this started a few days ago with a level 99 character. I guess it would be (as always) temporary and it would be gone the next day. The next day I created a new character, and realized I never saw any signs, neither I got invaded. Again I expected it to be temporary, so I ignored it. Then the next day I kept playing with that the issue persisted, I went to use other characters and still I couldn't get any online interactions.

So to close up, I'm pretty sure creating a new character won't help. Also I tried that thing about standing idle after I disconcerting and connecting in-game and didn't work.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Need help! For some reason I can't invade, see signs, not even messages! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help! For some reason I can't invade, see signs, not even messages!

Post by densetsushun Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:I've just thought, the game only checks whether or not you're connected to PSN or not in the beginning, not whether or not you're connected to their servers. In fact I doubt they give any indication as to whether you're connected to their servers or not. Maybe your PS3 cached those signs and are loading those while you're not connecting to From's servers. I assume you can still connect to the PSN correctly?

Not sure what you're suggesting here... but yes I can connect to PSN normally, and play other games normally (as I said I even played Demon's Souls flawlessly).
    What I'm suggesting is that you can't connect to From's, or rather, the Dark Souls server for some reason. I suppose if you can somehow find what the IP addresses you could try pinging them on your computer from behind your router. I could try using wireshark to see what kind of packets are being sent to and from the PS3.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 am

Do you have a static IP adress or is it set on automatic ?

If automatic it can often reset itself while playing causing your IP adress to change which causes connection issues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 am