Onion Conspiracy Theory

Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Onion Conspiracy Theory

Post by Samurainova on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am

Here is some interesting speculation i actually have on Siegmeyer's so called daughter. First of all, i would like to start by saying that everything that follows is complete speculation, and i claim that none of it be fact, other than some dialogue that is already stated. Also, for anyone who has not completed the onion family questline, their may be spoiler ahead. So be warned.

First of all, here is many of my valid points to i believe that Sieglinde may have actually been hunting down Siegmyer, to kill him for reason unknown.

From the very start of things, Siegmeyer NEVER says anything about his daughter.

1) The only referance he makes to even having a daughter, is upon death, where he states " My dear little lin.." Notice he does not completely say " Sieglinde" Despite this it does seem like a nickname from father to daughter, i will admit.

2) From the very first dialogue with Sieglinde, it is obvious her sole intention is to find Siegmeyer! How she ended up in a crystal golem i do not know, perhaps someone may be able to clarify. To top it off, what is she doing in the Dukes Archives in the first place? Perhaps following you so she can pinpoint Siegmeyer? My reasoning behind this is valid in my next point.

3) Within the dialogue she states upon to saying "Yes" To seeing Siegmeyer, she Replies " Thank goodness, Im sorry he's caused you so much trouble..." How does she know that he's been a pain our behind all this time. Never within our yes or no responses did we ever say he was giving us a hard time. Perhaps she knew, because she was FOLLOWING YOU. On top of that, she constantly repeats " If he'd just stay put" Stay put for what? So you can find him, or KILL HIM????

4) In the last dialogue with Sieglinde before the ending, Sieglinde clearly states that she had met up with her father, and passed on her mothers last words. NEVER and i mean NEVER, does Siegmeyer ever mention a spouse of ANY KIND. In fact, he barely mentions his daughter at all. You never see Sieglinde or Siegmeyer speak face to face, and Siegmeyer never mentions her except in a brief debateable quote upon death...hmmmm.

5) Also, you would THINK that a daughter SO desperate to find her father, would refrain from allowing him to go on another one of his so called adventures. Another dialogue piques my interest, " My father? He went on his final adventure, its just the way he is,
    undead or no, quite reassuring really. If he goes hollow, ill just have to kill him again......" Ummm, that sounds ALOT like shes planning on popping a cap in that onion knights A$$. So basically, she is whining about how he never stays put and always going off on adventures, and all of sudden she accepts his adventurous spirit???? Fishy, fishy, fishy!!!

6) Last but not least, the ending. All you see, Is sieglinde standing over her supposed dead father. You never get to hear anything from Siegmeyer at all. And, i may be wrong, but to my knowledge the Hydra does not venture over into that particular area. The clams perhaps, but anyone who used a zweihander against knows its a pretty freaking good weapon against those clams. Also, i would like to point out one lsat quote of dialogue by the daughter. " All hollow now, he has been subdued, it's finally over, i will return to Catarina now." This sound a lot to me like she's saying " I finally killed him, and it's time to return to Catarina now that my mission is complete" notice how she makes no attempt to make a burial or suggest a funeral for her beloved father.

7) An interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBKDEQZSAsk

Within this video, their seems to include some unused dialogue within the game. Near the end, you will hear Siegmeyer state, that he has met up with his daughter, and she delivered her mothers final words. BUT, fact of the matter is, IT IS NOT LEGITAMATELY IN THE STORYLINE. Therefore, it would seem the creators either did not have time to put it in, OR they intentionally refrained from adding it in game. And why would they do that? If this were in game it would delete the base of the entire conspiracy theory. My thought? Because perhaps they thought that one day a certain person may come to realize that perhaps Everything in Dark Souls is not what it really appears to be, even the relationship between father and daughter.

Whelp, that just about does it on my theory, please post below any thoughts or comments. happy

Also, this is posted in archives as well, but i wanted to know what you guys think.

gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Onion Conspiracy Theory

Post by gmwdim on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 am

Interesting speculation. However, I prefer to believe that she just wanted to find her father to pass on her mother's last words. My thoughts on your specific points:

1. As I understand it, Siegmeyer is an undead and so made the pilgrimage to Lordran as many undead do. I would speculate that upon leaving Catarina he was also severing ties with his previous life. Thus he doesn't bring up his family or any other details of his previous life, other than that he was a knight.

2. Seath liked to capture maidens and bring them to his archives for experiments (which turned them into those blue squid things), in an effort to discover immortality. The crystal golems were probably his standard method of capturing and transporting them.

3. I think this could just be Sieglinde's familiarity with her father's behavior. He could have been a Homer Simpson type of guy back in Catarina, and, given that he keeps getting his *** stuck in trouble in Lordran, she would be right.

4. Same as #1, I guess. Also, she doesn't tell you this until after you've spoken to Siegmeyer for the last time; he probably doesn't know his daughter is looking for him.

5. and 6. I think you make a good point here. I guess she could have just returned to Catarina after speaking to him, without following him along on his final adventure. But maybe she suspected he would be going hollow soon, and decided to see it through to the end (so she could hear HIS last words).

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 am

1) Sounds like a nickname to me.

2) Seath kidnaps women. Look at Dusk, the two miracle Pisacas, and the Maiden corpse in the jail. It's also where Reah Hollows.

3) Just sounds to me like regular 'ol English politeness.

4) Siegmeyer is not really talking about his family because he's focused on getting on with his adventuring. He talks to you like you are one of his rock climbing buddies, not like you're a close family friend.

5) She probably did try to keep him home. He probably didn't care and left anyway. Might this point to some issues in the household? Yeah, I agree, it's highly likely.

6) Never made it to the end of his questline so I can't opine. sad

7) I hear it but it's hard for me to piece together what it means as I don't have access to the inside of the dev's heads. Unless someone from From comes out like Miyazaki did with regards to the Pendant and officially positions himself in some way regarding Siegmeyer then all I have to say is: I just don't know.

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:56 am

I've actually considered this theory before, but her crying over him is pretty indicative that she didn't want to kill him in my opinion. I always thought that Siegmeyer cared more about adventure than his family though, it's no small wonder he doesn't mention them.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Yeah, Sieglinde was in the golem as that seems to be how Seath captures his maidens. God knows how he got Dusk though from a different time altogether, but then it's stood near the warp hole thing.

Siegmeyer just seems to me to like adventuring, and Sieglinde follows him to keep an eye on him. She mentions she's killed him before, which suggests he's possibly gone nuts before - I guess all Undead have died at least once before, since many people seem to go undead rather than be born as one (judging from the dialogue you get from Laurentius and others).

I do wonder how people seem to just 'go hollow' though. It's never really explained in the game - being alive forever doesn't seem to do it, as the merchants and Quelana prove, and Logan has been undead for over a century.
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:20 pm

This is exactly what I mean. This commentary further proves my theory. Everyone wants to believe SO BADLY that its just a father and daughter relationship. Blinded by unintricate facts due to inner emotion. By I am not shrouded by such emotion. I keep an open mind under all circumstances, even to see and speculate betrayel even in the deepest combinds of a relationship as powerful and homosapien as father and daughter. Would even from go so far as to mess with an emotion like this? Perhaps Is what I say.

WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdliu3JOSYQ

Undead go Hollow once they have got nothing to live for anymore, when their goal is taken away from them. Siegmeyer went on a last adventure to prove to himself what he is capable of. But along the way he seems to get himself into trouble, and everytime you help him, he gets a little bit demoralised. By helping him, you're slowly making him believe he isn't capable of going on an adventure by himself. This is causing him to go Hollow eventually.

Sieglinde knows her father, and that's probably why she knows he can be troublesome. She also states she has to kill him if he goes Hollow. She can't have Siegmeyer roaming the area as a Hollow, so she must stop him when he turns into one. I don't remember if she does it out of love (and she can't stand seeing her father Hollow), or if it's to leave his honour in tact.

Hope this helps silly

[21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm

That would explain it, Siegmeyer does seem rather put out whenever he's not involved. Though in that respect, Solaire actually goes hollow when he accomplishes what he set out for. Only by denying him the Maggot does he get depressed but carries on with mind intact.

Plus, Ingward never goes nuts. Maybe it's cos he's a merchant, but he actually instead decides to go out and enjoy the sunlight. We should all think like him!
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:42 pm

psychichobo wrote:That would explain it, Siegmeyer does seem rather put out whenever he's not involved. Though in that respect, Solaire actually goes hollow when he accomplishes what he set out for. Only by denying him the Maggot does he get depressed but carries on with mind intact.

Plus, Ingward never goes nuts. Maybe it's cos he's a merchant, but he actually instead decides to go out and enjoy the sunlight. We should all think like him!

Well, it's probably because Solaire is said to go mad, not Hollow. Might be very close to eachother, he might be giving up on life and just finding that Maggot before it happens. Or the bug kind of controls him too. Could be a mixture of all above.
    But he can't go Hollow if he finds his sun, he wouldn't give up on life upon finding it silly

Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Funny location where he ends up going crazy.

WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Samurainova wrote:Funny location where he ends up going crazy.

Must be the maggot then silly

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:39 am

1. You help Siegmeyer but it's not like you are friends. If I just met someone in an unknown realm that I've never seen before would I go into details on my personal life? Nope, I sure wouldn't. He just thanks you for helping him and goes onto his adventures even though he never gets far without help. Plus Siegmeyer and Sieglinde are really similar names. Unless it is by shear conincidence that they both have similar sounding names it just tightens the fact that they are more then likely father and daughter.
    2. Seath steals women. You have Dusk as an example stuck in the Golden Golem in the Darkroot Basin and we know Crystal Golems reside around the Crystal Caves and the Archives where Seath has taken residence. Plus we have Reah who is taken to the Duke's to more then likely become another experiment, and then the two Piscas that drop miracles. Seath more then likely was going to use Sieglinde as another experiment.
    3. It could be because in Catarina he went on his quote on quote "adventures" and caused trouble with people. We know Siegmeyer is quiet devoted to being an adventurer and never strays from his path, which could be troublesome to some if maybe they got in his way and he got mad at them or began pestering them to aid him.
    4. Again like point one, you only ever meet up with him to help him. You and Siegmeyer in the game are mostly just aquiantances that cross paths and are heading in the same direction. Other then that you are not really friends thus he probably didn't want to share anything personal. Again would you share personal info with a stranger? I wouldn't, even if they've helped me along my way, probably still wouldn't tell them personal info.
    5. When someone goes hollow they are gone for good, they don't care if you are friend or foe, they'll just kill you. It's better explained in the Prepare to Cry Series on Youtube. So she fears that Siegmeyer if he does go hollow, she'll have to end his life so he doesn't harm anyone. She knows that more then likely something would happen to Siegmeyer and that he would more then likely go Hollow in the end of his adventure.
    6. She was crying as she spoke meaning she did mourn his death. Okay I'll give you the burial/funeral thing but then again you are in a realm full of monsters, demons, and undead. Where are you going to bury him? In the sand? Not the best place to bury him plus I doubt she could carry him back up through the tree. If anyone deserves a burial it should of been Solaire after he went insane, but we just kill him and go on our merry way if we can't open the shortcut.
    7. Sorry but really that something on the Devs end that we will never know. Why did they remove all of Artorias's dialogue from the Artorias boss fight when actually quite a lot of it is pretty interesting and I wouldn't of mind hearing Artorias speak before you killed him. But all we got was him growling and his death cry when you kill him. My point is that really when they chose to remove something we will never know entirely why they decide to get rid of something. It could mean that they wanted to get rid of it so the plotline means something else or it could of been that they just removed it just because to keep the lore more interpreted. After all we both have different ideas, I think Sieglinde and Siegmeyer are related while you don't. Really we will never know why they removed it so I find point seven mute since it can go either way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:27 am