Best boss to farm form for when being summoned

Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best boss to farm form for when being summoned

Post by Kuragari on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Which boss gives you the most souls when you have been summoned? so far i think the most i've seen is 30k. i'm not in ng+ but i would like to farm for souls. i was thinking of farming them by helping others but, which boss gives the most souls?

XBL: o Paralyzer o
    Divine Paladin -SL20-
    http://mmdks.com/k0y
    Brass Warrior -SL40- http://mmdks.com/md7
    Hanzo (Thief) -SL74- http://mmdks.com/ovr

--------------------------------------------------------------
    If you wish to summon one of these to assist you in your quests please feel free ask anytime.
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Re: Best boss to farm form for when being summoned

Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Ornstein and Smough give quite a few, and you often get to kill an invader along the way which is usually 10k more souls. Also a very busy area.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Low sl gaping dragon. Around sl 60 and up I would say seath.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Searching this wiki I found a boss list. Click on each one, and says.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Bosses

Considering the fun O&S net 50000 per slaying both. Sif is 40000 ( another fun and easy one.)
    DLC BOSSES are not there but they net quite a bit each too. Like manus is 60000 and a good long run to fg. Possibly an invader too.

Last edited by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added manus, found on the wiki but not in list above)

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:28 pm

I found the gaping dragon good for high soul levels actually. See, I was farming in the depths for chunks and humanity whilst being sl 80 or so, and had left my summon sign next to the bonfire out of habit. Got summoned, turns out it was someone on NG+.

One dead Kirk and one dead real invader later, we ended up against the dragon. I think I came out of that with some astronomical amount of souls (well, for NG at any rate), which went straight towards twinkling titanite buying.
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm

I would consider the frequency of getting summoned along with the number of souls the boss provides. It doesn't do you any good to co-op a boss that gives a lot of souls if you have to wait an hour to get summoned. With that in mind, I think Ornstein and Smough are the best, because Anor Londo is a multiplayer hotspot with lots of summons and invasions going on. If you kill the invader you can get a ton of souls. And the Silver Knights and Giant Sentinels give lots of souls on the way to the boss. Additionally, you can kill the stuff in the area in your own world while waiting to get summoned.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Depends. Low SL Gaping Dragon is by far the best (you can also spend your down time waiting for a summon to farm some Humanity). A little higher and O&S is tough to beat. High player traffic (including invaders) plus a good return on souls. For the Lord Souls I'd say Seath and 4 Kings is a lot better than Nito and Bed of Chaos, but that's just personal opinion based on what I've experienced in the past.

Also, don't neglect the DLC. Very high player traffic+bosses that give out a lot of souls. Kalameet and Manus, in particular.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Odinbear wrote:Searching this wiki I found a boss list. Click on each one, and says.

Considering the fun O&S net 50000 per slaying both. Sif is 40000 ( another fun and easy one.)
    DLC BOSSES are not there but they net quite a bit each too. Like manus is 60000 and a good long run to fg. Possibly an invader too.

I think those numbers are from the perspective of hosting.

I'm pretty sure its:

O & S = 25,000
    Gaping Dragon = 12,500
    Quelaag = 20,000?
    Manus = 30,000

Soul levels from my experience:

O & S = 25-45
    Gaping Dragon = 15-25
    Quelaag = 20-40
    Manus = ??? It was every level when it came out, but now idk.

Also, take pyro for everything but Quelaag.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Searching this wiki I found a boss list. Click on each one, and says.

I think those numbers are from the perspective of hosting.

I'm pretty sure its:

O & S = 25,000
    Gaping Dragon = 12,500
    Quelaag = 20,000?
    Manus = 30,000

Soul levels from my experience:

O & S = 25-45
    Gaping Dragon = 15-25
    Quelaag = 20-40
    Manus = ??? It was every level when it came out, but now idk.

Also, take pyro for everything but Quelaag.

Yer right... I see that 25000 everytime. lol!
    Co-opers get shorted , heh

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Yes, you get 1/2 the usual souls when cooping as a summon. But I also think O&S is probably the best, usually at sl50-55 or so. You get lots of souls, and often hosts in NG+ or beyond where you can get 75k or more. Not only do you also get lots of invaders, but many are pretty high level DMs that invade downwards and can give you a lot of souls.

At low level, I like Queelag. It's "only" like 10k per boss win as a summon, but it's one of the shortest runs from the bonfire to the boss in the game, and it's a simple fight particularly if you use flash sweat (which you don't even need stats for). At the right level and during busy times in the week you can fight her every 4-5 minutes which is pretty profitable.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:18 pm

thanks guys good info. i'm actually sl100 and got tired of waiting at 4kings. i get summoned sort of frequently at dukes archeives and get about 30k souls. the problem with that area is half the time either the host will die or I will die in some way, rather we fall off in the cave or i die at the boss. it's decent over there but i'd like to get summoned more frequently with more actual victories lol

XBL: o Paralyzer o
    Divine Paladin -SL20-
    http://mmdks.com/k0y
    Brass Warrior -SL40- http://mmdks.com/md7
    Hanzo (Thief) -SL74- http://mmdks.com/ovr

--------------------------------------------------------------
    If you wish to summon one of these to assist you in your quests please feel free ask anytime.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Why all of these easy bosses? I enjoy farming Manus, at sl55. It helped me buy my upgrade materials and upgrade my Pyro Flame a load. Mind you, I don't exactly find Manus hard, as long as I have a 70+ stability shield and Silver Pendant. Only problem is being healed if you screw up.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:53 pm

befowler wrote:Yes, you get 1/2 the usual souls when cooping as a summon. But I also think O&S is probably the best, usually at sl50-55 or so. You get lots of souls, and often hosts in NG+ or beyond where you can get 75k or more. Not only do you also get lots of invaders, but many are pretty high level DMs that invade downwards and can give you a lot of souls.

At low level, I like Queelag. It's "only" like 10k per boss win as a summon, but it's one of the shortest runs from the bonfire to the boss in the game, and it's a simple fight particularly if you use flash sweat (which you don't even need stats for). At the right level and during busy times in the week you can fight her every 4-5 minutes which is pretty profitable.

Yesterday , with a character at the 2nd bonfire before O&S got summoned by 3 different peeps ( at sl50). Two were in NG++, third was doin NG++++. Got summoned in about 4 x on the hardest one.
    It's funny watching new summons rush into those Silver Knights and getting one shotted. Happened to me the first time, then I Messaged him to see what NG he was on. Made it to the boss fight twice.

I was also getting summoned into NG+ 's in the Royal Wood at sl 55-65

Wish there was a way to tell when you are up against NG+ enemies w/o getting your *** whomped.

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Why all of these easy bosses? I enjoy farming Manus, at sl55. It helped me buy my upgrade materials and upgrade my Pyro Flame a load. Mind you, I don't exactly find Manus hard, as long as I have a 70+ stability shield and Silver Pendant. Only problem is being healed if you screw up.

Manus is easy. But BRUTAL if you mess up.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:12 pm

@Kuragari, I dont have the faintest idea where to farm bosses at sl 100.

RE: O & S:
    I found a lot more co-op at sl 35 or so. I know it was lower than 50. I remember, because when I went to 50, I noticed a significant difference in wait time. I thought it was due to more people doing low level runs or something. Curious...

Could also have been just my experience over a weeks time, or maybe the times I chose to play.

Last edited by Animaaal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Manus is good on the profit front (I also coop him with a sl55 char, and a 100) but the fight can take a while and inexperienced hosts often get one shot by that dark magic cone spray move.

NG++++ etc in anor londo is pretty common. When I get summoned I go backstab a silver knight and see how much damage it does. If he gets back up after 1 backstab it's at least NG+, if he gets back up after 2 you are probably in for a wild ride. The only good thing is that poise values don't seem to increase in the new game cycle, so my str builds that can stagger still do very well.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:06 pm

befowler wrote:Manus is good on the profit front (I also coop him with a sl55 char, and a 100) but the fight can take a while and inexperienced hosts often get one shot by that dark magic cone spray move.

NG++++ etc in anor londo is pretty common. When I get summoned I go backstab a silver knight and see how much damage it does. If he gets back up after 1 backstab it's at least NG+, if he gets back up after 2 you are probably in for a wild ride. The only good thing is that poise values don't seem to increase in the new game cycle, so my str builds that can stagger still do very well.
    Top part has happened to me a lot. Me and the host get so far, usually having a hopeless host, and I use my Pendant, the host just stands there, expecting me to do something. Then they get one shotted. >sad

I tend to get summoned into Anor Londo at that NG+ range on my sl120 pickaxe build. Most hosts tend to expect me to take care of the Silver Knights, so I'm glad I can use Havel's Greatshield. I tend to use 2 backstabs to kill a Knight, as well.
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 am

Odinbear wrote:...Wish there was a way to tell when you are up against NG+ enemies w/o getting your *** whomped.

There is, but you may want to take notes first. These examples are not accurate; I've been playing so long I just kinda "know" about what NG the Host is playing.

Let's say you are at New Londo and kill a zombie in your game. Let's say you are NG and get 24 souls. If you get summoned by a host and you kill one of his zombies you would get 12 souls (about half of normal). If you get 60 souls, he's playing NG+; etc.

There might be a chart somewhere showing how many souls you can get from mob characters for each NG level. If no one knows of such a chart, I could compile one.

Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 am

Another thing to keep in mind at summon areas is there may be a lot of summon signs for a Host to choose from.

While you are idle and thinking that they are not enough people at this level to play with, just wait to be summoned. If the Host summons a second player right away, you know your idle time is because there are a lot of people waiting to be summoned.

Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 am

Bert and Ernie without a doubt.

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 am

I'd say the biggest advantage of being summoned for O&S is that it's useful for having something to do whilst waiting.

Having said that, I once got summoned like crazy in the Tomb of the Giants - only problem there is that you've got two bonfires to choose from, one being the one you can warp to and another being much closer.

And Sen's Fortress Gates are also good. Can have a wander through whilst you're waiting, but a lot of people are generally wary about the place and would like help.

So, here's another question - when's a good time to be placing summon signs? I was wondering, being a Brit, if it was worth having a midnight session to get some American co-opping going, since my traffic seems to primarily be European or Japanese. My 360 using friend might also like to know this, since there's a lot less traffic on average due to the much lower number of Japanese players.
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 pm

No one says Queelag? Its a cool area, you can get mildred souls too, plus maybe an invader and its a easy but exciting fight. I loved to sunbro there.

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:...Wish there was a way to tell when you are up against NG+ enemies w/o getting your *** whomped.

There is, but you may want to take notes first. These examples are not accurate; I've been playing so long I just kinda "know" about what NG the Host is playing.

Let's say you are at New Londo and kill a zombie in your game. Let's say you are NG and get 24 souls. If you get summoned by a host and you kill one of his zombies you would get 12 souls (about half of normal). If you get 60 souls, he's playing NG+; etc.

There might be a chart somewhere showing how many souls you can get from mob characters for each NG level. If no one knows of such a chart, I could compile one.

Yep, this is the way to tell. I do Anor Londo co-op a lot and I know now that in NG the straight sword and spear wielding silver knights give 1000 souls each, and the dragonslayer bow ones 1300 souls. In NG+ these numbers are tripled, to 3000 and 3900 respectively. If it's even more then you're in NG++ or higher. I remember once I left a summon sign in the Burg with a fresh character (SL 10) and got summoned by a SL 19 in NG+5. That was quite the experience.

Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Odinbear wrote:Manus is easy.

:pale:

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Manus is easy.

:pale:
    You find Manus hard? When you know his moveset, all you need to do is use the Pendant when he lifts his catalyst, and punish him after you either block or dodge his attacks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 pm