Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Specter737
theGentleman
exandroide
Yesuurd
ChizFreak
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
reim0027
RANT
Tolvo
Toastfacekillah
barecanvas
Maneater_Mildred
lextune
bloodpixel
butternut86
19 posters

Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP?

butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP? Empty Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP?

Post by butternut86 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm fairly new to doing pvp. My first run through the game I didn't really do much pvp. But I've started to do it and its been a lot of fun. Most of my pvps were a lot of fun and felt fair.

I faced one person who threw a bunch of poison items at me, nicked me with some toxic weapons. What do you guys think about poison and toxic using during a pvp?

To me it felt kind of cheap and unfair. I would prefer to face someone fair and square, without the use of poison items. Is that the norm in pvp though? Maybe I'm just new to it and a lot of people use poison and toxic in pvp..
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP? Empty Re: Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP?

Post by bloodpixel Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Poison and Toxic are fun to use.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP? Empty Re: Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP?

Post by lextune Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 pm

My lv75 DW who lives in the Demon Ruins puts poison resin on his +15 laito before every fight, lol.

Rarely will it kill the opponent, but I love having them have to think about the poison on top of the bleed....(and the occasional Fire Tempest silly )
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 pm

I dont use them but lots of ppl do and theres nothing cheap about it. Most poison/toxic attack dont do any/much damage and leaves you open for an attack/BS.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Twop+toxic mist,acid mist, poison mist Hurrah
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 pm

barecanvas wrote:Twop+toxic mist,acid mist, poison mist Hurrah
    And you will be dead before you get acid mist cast.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 pm

I don't throw dung if we're having a fair duel but for everything else, the poo pies are flying!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 pm

If someone is hiding around an area waiting for me to come in, obviously they don't want a duel, so it's time for Toxin Mist! It will do nothing, but if they have to cycle through for a bit and use a Moss I can get an attack in usually.

Or for controlling the movement of farmers, others than those two examples I really don't use it. Sometimes I will just spray it but off and away as sort of a flair.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    not if its 2v1 host forest invasions;)
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 pm

barecanvas wrote:
    Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    Look Skyward
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:31 pm

thyere actually fun to use, not cheap at all, i like seeign people freak out when theysee the poison thing fill up. i always throw dung pies at turtles.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 pm

barecanvas wrote:
    Maneater_Mildred wrote:

Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP? 2667844452

Alvina does not improve.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Meh, the mists are no big deal. I keep blooming moss in my quick launch menu. I keep backup weapons for me to fast switch. They are easy to avoid, and the animation is long enough to get yourself backstabbed.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 pm

I love the mist spells. I don't use them that much, but they are fun.

They can be breathed around corners to defeat ambushes. They can temporarily block off passageways, and they can ruin visibility during PvP for various strategic purposes.

Last edited by lextune on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 pm

I also love the animations. Good ideas for them, BTW.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 pm

they're good for crowd control, and the poison throwing daggers etc really are only good for making an opponent panic and screw up their defense. besided a spider shield can block poison attacks (maybe not the dung though...)
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    barecanvas wrote:Twop+toxic mist,acid mist, poison mist Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP? 558843162

When I was lvl 4, I invaded a guy (using the cracked red eye orbs of firelink) in undead burg who was using full stone armor set, PLUS the stone sword. I bowed, and while I was doing that he approach me and casted the TWoP the sword has, and then he continiously casted Acid Mist. It was not fun. Obviously killing him was not an option as my attacks did near to no damage to him. Finally he killed me with an Lighting Avelyn.

On topic: I don't think it's cheap at all, I usually use poison arrows just to add a factor to worry my opponent about. Also if you have high poison resistance you can toxic people by using the Dung Pies without toxin yourself at the same time.

It's just a strategy. And most of the time won't kill you but it's something to worry about, so be careful, but most important, don't let that seeing your poison bar fill up distracts you from killing your opponent.

The best solution against this: A good moss as a hotkey.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 am

toxic works, poison is more of a pressure trick.

But in pyromancy with all the other spells available
    I don't find them worthy, the gravelord sword is
    crazy sometimes though.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 am

i use Toxic Mist and poison throwing knives all the time. the mist gives me room to maneuver (especially when it's 2/3v1) more than anything. anything to even the odds. as long as you aren't camping at the spawn sight and BSing during bows, all's fair.
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by theGentleman Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 am

Invading in the early parts of the game, poo pies + lloyds talisman + dodging = hilarity ensuing
    Specter737
    Specter737
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Specter737 Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:26 am

theGentleman wrote:Invading in the early parts of the game, poo pies + lloyds talisman + dodging = hilarity ensuing

I've got to try that... That sounds hilarious!
    I can see people screaming at their tv screen in horror as their life slowly drains away while I'm dodging them with my troll face on.

As far as the topic, I don't think it's cheap at all. It's nothing you couldn't encounter in pve. I mean the basilisks do the same thing, except it's far more dangerous with the possibility of a curse. Poison arrows, poison knives, poison mist, dung pies, toxic mist, acid mist, gravelord sword, I use all of them, and frequently together.
    When I put it that way I sound like a walking bio hazard twisted
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 am

butternut86 wrote:I'm fairly new to doing pvp. My first run through the game I didn't really do much pvp. But I've started to do it and its been a lot of fun. Most of my pvps were a lot of fun and felt fair.

I faced one person who threw a bunch of poison items at me, nicked me with some toxic weapons. What do you guys think about poison and toxic using during a pvp?

To me it felt kind of cheap and unfair. I would prefer to face someone fair and square, without the use of poison items. Is that the norm in pvp though? Maybe I'm just new to it and a lot of people use poison and toxic in pvp..

It's in the game so it's not "unfair".
    I mean, come on... It's not like those flippin tanks, just take a moss and you're healed.
    In every RPG there's a character/class who uses poisons and stuff like that, why would it not be the case in Dark Souls ?

The spells let your guard wide open, you have to use it with caution if you don't wanna get stabbed in the back and the toxic/poison weapons don't deal a lot of damage (except for the large club but you'll be dead before you get poisoned).

It's not unfair, it's original but you don't want to adpat your playstyle to it and keep fighting the same melee guys.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Can be helpful sometimes, but the fact that anyone can munch some moss makes it only a secondary way of dealing damage. You don't want to rely only on poison.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Not cheap. In fact, I find poison and toxin kind of meaningless in pvp. Fights generally don't last long enough for either to have much effect.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    barecanvas wrote:Twop+toxic mist,acid mist, poison mist Thoughts on poison and toxic users in PVP? 558843162

Yeah this isn't really true at all. I'm working on a build right now that makes A LOT of use of these spells and it's all about timing. You wouldn't believe how many rookie invaders will chase you right into a toxic cloud.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm