Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Strangest Encounter with Blue Phantom

DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Strangest Encounter with Blue Phantom Empty Strangest Encounter with Blue Phantom

Post by DMC Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 am

Okay so I'm doing the DEX build thing in DeS just for fun as I've never done that before (the difficulty in getting pure sharpstone always put me off). I'm dual wielding daggers for the most part but also make a Falchion+10 and a heater shield for the tricky parts.

Anyway I'm at SL 25 and in 3-1. To my pleasant surprise I see a blue sign in lonely Latria so I summon just for the hell of it. cheers

I go about killing and collecting things as you do and this blue phantom is doing well nothing really apart from trotting along behind me. He sends a friend request so I add him. Then he suddenly places his character in my way in one of the narrow passages and won't move. I literally can't walk or roll past him.

I'm there scratching my head for a bit and then I receive a message. He's asking for a 'strong weapon'. Okay....I think what the hell, I'll give him the falchion+10 as I can dupe the materials anyway and make a new one. He picks it up and immediately sends another message 'No, I want a unique weapon'. The he sends 3-4 messages in frantic, creepy succession basically pleading and begging for me to give him a unique weapon.

I'm slightly taken aback by the brazeness (not to mention the weirdness) of this dude but I go ahead and ask 'which one are you looking for?' He says 'any one'. Now I don't really bother with boss/unique weapons and although I've finished worlds 1 and 2 I can't remember what I might have stored with Thomas. I tell him I'm going check after I open the first shortcut. He does say thanks but also says 'quickly please' :shock:

My patience is running thin at this stage but I think what the hell, I'll just give him something to shut him up. He begins messaging me again pleading for the weapon and telling me he'll give back the falchion, as if that was some kind of generous concession on his part lol!

I've already told him I will get him the weapon so I just message him with 'calm down'. Now he starts apologising profusely...

Anyway I go get the DBS as it's all I have and in the few minutes it takes to warp back to the nexus and get it, I get more frantic, weird and rude messages. I go back, summon him and ask him to drop the falchion (more as a matter of principle tbh). He won't. He sends me more begging messages calling me 'mate' and swearing he'll drop it when I give him a unique weapon :affraid:

I'm literally shocked by this dude's cheek and so I get angry and send him a message 'drop the falchion or f**k off'. He ignores this and sends more pleading messages and again promises to give back th falchion afterwards. Suddenly I see another blue sign appear behind him. I'm not sure why but it was extremely satisfying to summon another (sane) blue phantom just before I kicked him out of my game and deleted him from my friends big grin

So that was my first and only negative experience playing DeS online and I've been playing on and off since early 2011.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Strangest Encounter with Blue Phantom Empty Re: Strangest Encounter with Blue Phantom

Post by vatar5 Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:26 pm

O.o

I saw a few of 'em beggars in Dark Souls.

They be crazy...they be crazy...
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Strangest Encounter with Blue Phantom Empty Re: Strangest Encounter with Blue Phantom

Post by Odinbear Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I woulda booted his poor ***, fairly early in that encounter. About the time he blocked my way and made demands. Heh
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 pm

What a douche, you should've kicked him out early in the beginning.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 pm

densetsushun wrote:What a douche, you should've kicked him out early in the beginning.

Eggsactlee

Hey, you really in the Netherlands? Unusually warm winter or normal?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    Hey, you really in the Netherlands? Unusually warm winter or normal?
    Yeah I am, but I'm not a native so I can't speak with 100% certainty: this winter has been pretty decent, not too warm or cold save for the few bouts of snow and the week below 0C

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 am