New to the board. Hello all. :)

tiamatt64

New to the board. Hello all. :)

Post by tiamatt64 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:13 am

Hello everyone. New on the board. Ive been playing dark souls for a while, had the original Demon's souls. Just on here to get some tips and talk to some people about this amazing game (not the worlds greatest player but im compotent to complete the game on my own).

Im currently doing a tank style playthough. Im equipped with full stone armor, black knight shield +2 and demons spear +4. Wolf ring and havels ring. Just done O+S. Any tips on what i should get equipment wise? i was thinking of leveling up the black iron knight set (the one you get by the painting.

Any help is appreciated.
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: New to the board. Hello all. :)

Post by lalliman on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:16 am

Welcome to the forums! big grin

Black iron set is great, but you won't unlock it's full potential unless you spend sh*tloads of twinkling titanite on it. I prefer Havel's set, cause it's more balanced (as in the way the resistances are laid out) and doesn't require upgrading. Although i doubt you've found it. I prolly shouldn't tell you where it is either, that'll spoil things for you.

As for the demon spear, keep in mind it's a dex weapon so upgrading strength won't help a lot. Scrap that, it's a quality weapon. NVM ^_^

tiamatt64

Post by tiamatt64 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 am

I found havels set last night. happy

Might just go full havel then. At what point does endurance become irrelevant? Mines at about 35 atm.
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 am

tiamatt64 wrote:I found havels set last night. happy

Might just go full havel then. At what point does endurance become irrelevant? Mines at about 35 atm.

40end
    After you reach that, you should level up vitality, or any stat required to handle your preferred weapons/spells
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 am

If you're tanking, generally the Havel's set is a necessity, because of it's super high poise stat. I tend to mix it with other stuff though because it's defensive stats aren't the best, and it's super super heavy. The Black Iron set is a good choice in any case. The Demon Spear isn't a great choice IMO. If you're dead set on using spears, there are a few choices that you'll get more damage out of. The Pike is my personal favorite. It's heavy, but it has a great moveset, does solid damage, has great reach, and can be buffed. The Partizan, Silver Knight's Spear, and Dragon Slayer Spear are all good choices too. If you're tanking though, you might even consider something bigger that does more damage. Really take advantage of the fact that you can tank hits, by hitting your enemies with enormous pieces of metal and wood while you're tanking their hits.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 am

I always promote the Black Iron. Good defense, classy. Perfect.

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 am

Welcome to the board. What soul level you playing at?

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

tiamatt64

Post by tiamatt64 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 pm

I am currently SL 48. But my strength is a lot lower than i would like. The majority of my stats so far have gone into END and VIT. I was thinking of picking up the furysword. I'm not fussed about weapon type. I'm just as happy to swing a big sword around as i am a spear. It was just a weapon that worked for me. My friend recommended getting the black knight sword but none of the black knights ive killed have dropped it. (ive killed the 2 in the undead asylum)
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I always promote the Black Iron. Good defense, classy. Perfect.

this. Make uncle Tarkus proud!

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm

tiamatt64 wrote:I am currently SL 48. But my strength is a lot lower than i would like. The majority of my stats so far have gone into END and VIT. I was thinking of picking up the furysword. I'm not fussed about weapon type. I'm just as happy to swing a big sword around as i am a spear. It was just a weapon that worked for me. My friend recommended getting the black knight sword but none of the black knights ive killed have dropped it. (ive killed the 2 in the undead asylum)

Black knight weapons are great, all of them are including the shield.
    But lemme warn you right now, they're not all very fun to use. They tend to have VERY slow heavy attacks, basically leaving you with only 1 practical attack to use.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Hey tia! Welcome to the forums!

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:23 pm

tiamatt64 wrote:I'm not fussed about weapon type. I'm just as happy to swing a big sword around as i am a spear. It was just a weapon that worked for me. My friend recommended getting the black knight sword

I'm not a huge fan of the BKGS. If you want to try something larger, I'd recommend the Claymore or Manserpent Greatsword, if you want to go even bigger, the Zweihander, Greatsword, and Black Knight Ultra Greatsword are all good. Axes are nice for tanking too. As far as that goes I'd recommend either the Great Axe or Demon Great Axe. All are solid choices. That being said, there's nothing wrong with spears either, despite what some people will tell you, I'll just say that if you go for high strength and a heavier build, then you're wasting your setup by not going with a heavier spear, for heavier damage.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 pm