Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
billy_bayonet
Steel Dragon74
SunlightCrusader
twilightwarwolf
Serious_Much
Lord of Ash
Acarnatia
11 posters

Covenant: The Masked Seekers

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Covenant: The Masked Seekers - Page 3 Empty Re: Covenant: The Masked Seekers

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:48 am

Steel Dragon74 wrote:Well now that little dispute is out of the way (You make good arguements btw, I respect that) I would like to ask to join your covenant, as I said before I find this cov interesting and since I was already considering making a new character I figure why not offer my own knowledge of Lordrans secrets

ok now thats like a slap to the face there oh well i shouldnt have alligned myself with so many should? btw out of curiosity what would be a limit to covs one can join in own idea?
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:52 am

Well manus permits use to be part of as many covenants as we wish as long as when duty calls we rally around our dark lord! twisted
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 am

There's no set number; rather, that's more of an intuitive estimate, as well as the preference of the covenant leaders.
    And as in my signature, I wield the blade of Truth as best I can. When I hold I hold Truth in my hand, (and often enough I have mistaken my anger and fear as Truth; I have a way to go yet) all falsehoods shall be its absolute edge.
    I'll add you to the roster. What system are you on?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:58 am

I would join now that this is settled, however I think I'm hitting my limit unless I make my own covenant. Though lore is a good thing to find.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:00 am

you know what damnit all im joining this is my absolute last cov im joinin til one of the others dies or i feel lik i have to leave. im twlightwarwolf impsn and i do a variety of levels and i would like my 55 im doing to be apart of this cov.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:05 am

Im on PS3 under the username M-97482, I mostly work from SL 100-200

Good to have you with us twilight
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:07 am

thanks i almost forgot to mention my speciality is 120 and under though i can do above i just happen to do under 120 more
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:33 am

Arcanatia, I am not sure what the goal of this covenant is besides the fact that the Masked Seekers are looking for Truth. Can you shed some light on that?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 pm

We specialize in in-depth lore and roleplaying. Our in-game actions, at least for the moment, are not too different from the other covenants; it is the lore, writing and roleplaying that sets us different. Writing lore (history, mythology, fanfiction, etc) for both Dark Souls itself and our covenant, adding a depth of story to our events (this is all I meant by 'orders') and gameplay is what we shall engage in. You make a good point, and I shall make this a little more obvious in the OP.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I shall request to join you then. I posted a short story of a biography in the Character Bio Compendium thread a while back if you need to look at it.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Indeed, both your biography and your joining are wonderful.
    I myself will be rewriting entirely Trychu's biography. It is quite poorly written, especially for me :/
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Forgot to mention I am on the Xbox 360 and that my gamertag is the same as on the forums. I stay at Soul Levels 100 and 120.

I'll be looking forward to your rewritten biography and what you have in store for the covenant.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:49 pm

so arcantia you told me you could help me with my rp for a char so can you help me with that for this cov's char?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Indeed. Email me what ideas and details you have, and I'll begin to talk with you.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 pm

umm... i didnt have any..... thats a big chunk of my problem....
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 pm

What's your character wearing and what weapon he use
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm

heres my build http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=368476891590388272
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 pm

How about you were once an apostle to The Lord before the cure of the undead set in and you always felt an urge to kill behind you fake smile and warship of The Lords. But one day your secret insanity drive you to kill another saint which led to you being striped of your status. And for your crime you were chained at the arms in the undead asylum and for tourcher they lashed your face to difigurement leading you to becoming an out cast you only comfort was your mask until the undead curse of the undead set in and a noble knight came to free you from the asylum unknowing of insanity. When his back was turned you took his rapier and stabed him in the back. Which lead to your escape and constant manipulation and assassination of others. Until the seekers took you in and redirected your insanity to seek the secrets of lordran instead of the thoughts of death.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Absolutely nothing? What ending does she or he normally prefer? What kind of deities does s/he lean towards? Does s/he like halberds/axes, or only use it because it is practical?
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:59 pm

@ dan i lik your idea a few things i might have said differently but very well done. i really have to consider that now.

@arcantia i dont generally do the ending so im not sure. as for gods love Nito he's the best in my book and the worst being gwyndolin i mock torture and and let my insanity go on him every time as heis arrogance and stupidity knows no bounds and i hate that in some builds i do side with him for the dmb only. i do however generally join kaathe as he has in my opinion the best way to vade someone another reason why i hate gwyndolin and his blue orb though i find kaathe to be alright as for other covs ehh leave em be as they may be of use to me later. as for the halberd i picked it for the bonuses ( which i dont understand but dont tend to ask since its a bonus) and its attacks style is better than a normal halberd and its poking ugn reminds me of spears and my hatred of them and the cowards that use them partially why i have a rapier to parry the F outta them and their insolence. and i like taking weapons from bosses and such and beating them with their own weapon to humiliate them and prove that im better than them. Btw though one thing i know is my char has insanity but he's not hollow isane rather a smart insanity if that makes sense so it benefiets him rther than hurts him like hollow insanity or regular. also like old english tis fun so i occasionally say it but that doesnt matter does it? anyway so there are your answers.

EDIT: almost forgot the other most important thing other than my being insane is my love of wolves.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:32 am

So, things he likes are wolves, 'higher beings' of death, darkness and/or evil, and archaic language. He prefers weapons and trinkets taken from his strongest or largest enemies.
    Things he dislikes are punishment, lies/illusions, 'cheap' tactics. He has a problem with those who he thinks are insolent.
    He uses the gargoyle halberd because it is useful, not because of taste.
    He is psychologically unstable, emotionally volatile, arrogant, delights in degrading others and is extremely hostile.
    For a basic archetype or class, he seems to be a berserker combined with a cleric dedicated to a god of slaughter. Perhaps he has a wolf traveling companion, or he is a priest from an 'uncivilized' tribe with a wolf as his totem.

All pole weapons, halberds and spears included, iconically represent the lower class soldiers and peasants. Drafted and revolting peasants often made use of haft-mounted weapons because long sharp things make an offensive wall, are easily made and are easily used. Most halberd weapons are just slashing versions of spears-the scythe in dark souls is pretty accurate. He also has some issues around his pride, and delights in degrading others.
    He's very hostile, physically violent and despises spears. Perhaps he acted in a way that someone (a soldier, peasant or freeman) considered insolent and beat him for it? Or he was ganged up on by spear-wielders? Perhaps he was a proud knight that was felled by those 'lowly infantry' or even peasants en masse and resurrected as an undead, insane as well? Maybe he was just another citizen or slave himself that was bullied by others of a similar stature as though he was lowly. Hate and atrocious acts are repeats of things that have happened to him or herself previously. Consider how the same things he or she loathes have been done to him or her.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:56 pm

i wonder if i should rebuild my build then as that was not what i was going for :| hmmm i guess i will though idk i was interested in using the garg halberd .... to be honest this is all news to me i always liked to think my char was insane but not nessararily evil as i really dont kill people but i do find the "gods" so to speak to be in the wrong (generally) one exeption being Nito as he never really did anything just waitin for something and sleepin.i also found kaathe to have a valid reason for gwyns stupidity for keeping the fire going especially if it really was supposed to die off and have the age of darkness come though ive always felt that that was what kaathe had planned versus what really is supposed to go. in all reality i was going for a yin yang thing he's insane to the absolute worst degree but he's also very kind at heart for example he puts fear in all those that are evil and good so manus would fear his insanity while at the same time reah just as an example may also fear him but can still sense the great good in him.i never thought also that he would be arrogant i was trying to avoid that but it does make sense especially how i sounded. i guess ill have to really re think this huh?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:30 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:i wonder if i should rebuild my build then as that was not what i was going for :| hmmm i guess i will though idk i was interested in using the garg halberd .... to be honest this is all news to me i always liked to think my char was insane but not nessararily evil as i really dont kill people but i do find the "gods" so to speak to be in the wrong (generally) one exeption being Nito as he never really did anything just waitin for something and sleepin.i also found kaathe to have a valid reason for gwyns stupidity for keeping the fire going especially if it really was supposed to die off and have the age of darkness come though ive always felt that that was what kaathe had planned versus what really is supposed to go. in all reality i was going for a yin yang thing he's insane to the absolute worst degree but he's also very kind at heart for example he puts fear in all those that are evil and good so manus would fear his insanity while at the same time reah just as an example may also fear him but can still sense the great good in him.i never thought also that he would be arrogant i was trying to avoid that but it does make sense especially how i sounded. i guess ill have to really re think this huh?

I'd suggest listing what he is and is not. Some people may not be able to write backstories, but they all should know their character's personality and intent. We can help you with the rest.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Last edited by twilightwarwolf on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 pm

You said that he's both 'kind and gentle' and that he enjoys torture and uses the corpses of those he's killed as weapons. Those are strongly conflicting details.
    Another note-insanity is inherently an undesirable thing. (not as a character trait, only as an actual trait) Insane people are unpredictable and usually have serious social issues. What I'm understanding of this character hints at a tendency towards being a Gary Stue/Mary Sue. No deep character is entirely 'evil'; they can still be unpleasant or unappealing, angry, depressed or even whiny and still be really interesting characters. If you decide to stay with being insane, enjoying slaughter and having serious issues with other people being prideful then make him that and drop the details about him being kind or gentle-make him an rude, arrogant a$$, or constantly shift between drastically different emotional states. (that normally makes for really stupid characters, though)
    Schizophrenia can potentially give you both personalities-as entirely different people. What I understand of your post leads me to think that you're not talking about that, though.
    Please write in complete and grammatically correct sentences. I don't understand a lot of what you're saying.

Also, I will be having difficulty getting online for a while starting tomorrow or so, so I won't be checking up on this as frequently for a while. I'll still be here, just not as much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am