Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
GrinTwist
gmwdim
psychichobo
wolfboy
8 posters

Stupid New Londo Ghosts...

wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Stupid New Londo Ghosts... Empty Stupid New Londo Ghosts...

Post by wolfboy Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:37 pm

OMG I hate the ghosts in the New Londo Ruins!! One of my builds is there right now trying to get the Composite Bow and the Very Large Ember- and I'm getting sliced to pieces by these freakin ghosts over and over again...

I always die just outside the first tower at the bottom of the catwalk- where a mob of them come out of the water... I love though how this game can still troll me even after having gone through it so many times...
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Stupid New Londo Ghosts... Empty Re: Stupid New Londo Ghosts...

Post by psychichobo Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Hmm, I think I know about that bit. Basically, run into the house and then run back, slightly up the stairs, and get a projectile weapon ready, as a couple will come out of the wall towards you. Once you've dealt with them, wait until the ones coming from the water go back down, approach slowly, and they'll begin to rise up again - they're coming from the dome structure in the water. This should give you a chance to take them with projectiles.

If you're using a cursed weapon instead it might be a lot harder though - arty greatsword can usually deal with them in one but you have to really be cautious about it.

I do hate ghosts though. The ones near the second mass of souls in the drained lower ruins bug me, as I don't really like fighting them alongside Darkwraiths and giant killer blobs.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:15 pm

It helps a lot to have either a bow or some ranged magic/pyro. Another option that's worked for me is to two-hand a powerful weapon and just dash into the room - if you're quick enough you can take out about three of them before they can hurt you. Tomb of the Giants is still my most hated area, but New Londo is a pretty close second.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 am

Normally what I do if I'm at a low level is I normally get to Sen's and get the gold serpentine ring and then go back down to new londo. I farm the first 4 ghosts that you run into it's normally around the third ghost that I would get some sort of drop (normally some more transient curses). Keep farming with those transient curse drops until you get the ghost blade. By then use some twinkling titanite that you got from some of the lizards that you killed to upgrade the weapon. At around +3 you can kill every ghost at New Londo very easily.

You could also just run through, but it's hard and you'll die a lot your first time getting the hang of running through (mainly in the building filled with ghosts).
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am

Even if using the jagged blade you still need transient curse to block. They will gang up on you and make life hell.
    There is a safe zone about 4 stairs down before first tower. I did the same as Psychc. Run in and pull a few ghosts, get back to safe zone on stairs and use crossbow.

At Sl 1 I could not kill ingward from there, My arrows did 1 point damage. What was interesting though, after about 6 attempts to get up that damn ladder. Ingward came down to fight me.

Ended up getting the key to the seal quite easily in the end as Ingward came down to meet on the stairs.. very nice of him too
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Why call the ghosts stupid? They're obviously not if they're giving you grief. Seriously though, a bow is great. Lure them out of the water first, then pick off as many as you can from the steps. Run back if they get to close and they'll go back to the water but watch out for the ghosts coming out of the walls on the right and take out as many as you can with arrows, every little helps.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 pm

It depends on your level, but the ghosts don't do that much damage so slap a transient curse on and fight like a man. It helps to go through the lower levels of the house first so you don't have to fight as many in the main room.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:It depends on your level, but the ghosts don't do that much damage so slap a transient curse on and fight like a man. It helps to go through the lower levels of the house first so you don't have to fight as many in the main room.

Actually i prefer to go into the main room with a weapon that has a large hitbox (great scythe, greatsword, UGS) and just kill all the ghosts quickly.

Also, it's not that hard to just run past all the ghosts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am