Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
jaythibodeau
Sentiel
BagerX2
7 posters

Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure

BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure Empty Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure

Post by BagerX2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm

Not sure where to put this so I'm putting it here. Forum member Jaythibodeau and myself spent a good amount of time trying to accomplish a simple trade to get ready for the Ceaseless Assault.

Our mission: Trade him the Soul of Siff he wanted for his build and give him gear to transfer to a character I am making for Ceaseless Assault

What happened: We started trying in New Londo where I was invaded in about 30 seconds... the fun begins. We change venue to the depths in hopes that it would be quieter, that was a mistake... We realized this about the time we both were getting invaded. While Jaythibodeau was dealing with cheap bs fishers, I was dealing with trolls trying to lure me into NPCs to aoe me to death. I had one of these trolls hang out for 30 minutes. That particular troll though I made run through the whole depths by kicking him down the shortcut in the kitchen. After waiting forever and still not seeing his red sign we changed spots again to the entrance of Moonlight Butterfly boss. Upon arrival I was able to summon him almost instantly, success, well not so much. We were invaded while I was dropping the gear. We scrambled and grabbed it all and started fighting the invader. I wont say exactly how, friendly fire Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure 3358384175 , but jay went down. Luckily we had almost killed him so I just finished the job. Round two summoned him almost instantly again, and invaded as I dropped the gear again. He killed Jay and quickly grabbed the gear on the ground. Some how, I totally wasn't lured to NPCs, he killed me. Being an honest invader he sent me a message to come summon him and he would give the stuff back. In the process of summoning him I was invaded again and killed by WoTG, just that, I defiantly didn't get baited to stone giants twice in a row... Well back in human form I summon the guy that took my gear and he actually gave it back, very surprising. For round three Jay and I move to the partizan location. If it hasn't become apparent where this is going by now, invaded again. This time Jay was ready to fight. while I was getting bounced around by the phantom and stone giants, jay was expertly killing him like a boss. We killed, or I should say Jay, killed him and we were finally able to finish the trade.

Time spent: 2 hours

Results: 7/8 kills and 300k for me, if you count Jay... from what Jay told me he got 2 kills and around 50k souls Death count 2 each. He got his soul of Siff. I will get my gear upon leveling up to 55. All and all I would say it was an interesting/ fun experience.

Edit: I did have the invaders psn that gave me my stuff back listed, but removed it since I dont know if we can post that stuff. If he sees this he will know and props to him for being cool.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure Empty Re: Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 pm

I also use the Partizan location for trades and had only two invasions so far and one of the guys knew me and let us do the trade in peace.

If one of you has Bed of Chaos alive, Lost Izalith is also good to trade, because there's little invasions there and it's huge, so it's easy to hide.

Ceaseless Discharge area is also usable, very usable actually, but most people kill him (he is skippable) and I guess there will be some traffic there now, with people training for the upcoming event.

So far the best area to trade is Burg. Lemme finish before you start to lol.
    If you don't go through the first fog gate and go around it, clear Burg etc, you can jump to the place with Light Crossbow and do a trade there. Even if you get invaded, the invader will spawn on the stairs to Firelink Shrine and has no way to get up there to you, nor damage you if you hide properly.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure Empty Re: Ceaseless Assault Trading Adventure

Post by BagerX2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Cool, i knew about the fog gate from going around and running through valley of drakes first, just didn't know it was useful until now
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Sentiel wrote:I also use the Partizan location for trades and had only two invasions so far and one of the guys knew me and let us do the trade in peace.

If one of you has Bed of Chaos alive, Lost Izalith is also good to trade, because there's little invasions there and it's huge, so it's easy to hide.

Ceaseless Discharge area is also usable, very usable actually, but most people kill him (he is skippable) and I guess there will be some traffic there now, with people training for the upcoming event.

If you don't go through the first fog gate and go around it, clear Burg etc, you can jump to the place with Light Crossbow and do a trade there. Even if you get invaded, the invader will spawn on the stairs to Firelink Shrine and has no way to get up there to you, nor damage you if you hide properly.

Wow, that's absolutely genius! Too bad I was trying to trade right next to the invader spawn point. lol
    Another awesome spot might be here
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t17560-brand-new-shortcut-to-lower-undead-burg-discovered-by-ds-pioneer

It looks like this event is gonna be a great turn out. I'll probably finish my build soon and farm a bunch of items or titanite to help others. Also, I'm actually hosting with a SL100 at the Ceaseless arena to practice right now. If someone wants to practice or something, go ahead and invade me! happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:46 pm

Imagine this:

Invader above you.
    DGA + SLB
    Plunging attack

Invaders face as he falls on you: twisted
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Imagine this:

Invader above you.
    DGA + SLB
    Plunging attack

Invaders face as he falls on you: twisted
    Prostration
    I don't even want to think about that...
    It would be funny kicking him off the rooftop though. Even better if he missed the jump. lol
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Never tried that one. Ive tried a few others and died every time.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:50 pm

Love the story, and glad it was spurred by the event. One of the things we love to see (and why we keep a lower sl) are people making brand new builds which inevtiably leads to more co-op and pve. It extends the life of the game for everyone and encourages new friendships as people work together to get their builds done. Thanks for sharing this!
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Emergence wrote:Love the story, and glad it was spurred by the event. One of the things we love to see (and why we keep a lower sl) are people making brand new builds which inevtiably leads to more co-op and pve. It extends the life of the game for everyone and encourages new friendships as people work together to get their builds done. Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks for reading! I really hope I will get to play. I thought i would get to play at sens, but didn't get the chance. I have a constantly shifting schedule so I never know what i am doing and when.
    Edit: even if I dont get to play the building up and planning is fun at least.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 pm

Sentiel wrote:I also use the Partizan location for trades and had only two invasions so far and one of the guys knew me and let us do the trade in peace.

Did you find this out from AGermanSpy, like me? happy
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:47 pm

BEGONE FROM MY DOMAIN IM AM THE SPIRIT OF TRADING I NURTURE GREED AND DESIRE FOR SHINY THINGS IN YOUR HEARTS AND ...AND...TRADE TRADE TRADE DERAT RTADE EDRAT!!!!lol!
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:BEGONE FROM MY DOMAIN IM AM THE SPIRIT OF TRADING I NURTURE GREED AND DESIRE FOR SHINY THINGS IN YOUR HEARTS AND ...AND...TRADE TRADE TRADE DERAT RTADE EDRAT!!!!lol!

...daer tsuj i did tahw

ʍɥɐʇ pıp ı ظnsʇ ɹǝɐp˙˙˙

what did i just read...
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm

rearange the letters
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 pm

idon'tevenknowwhatthebothofyouareevensaying.what.Idon'tgetit.IwishIcoulddotheupsidedownweirdtexttoo.DarkSoulsisfun.SomeidiotnamedJaythibodeaujusthappenedtoinvademe.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Sentiel wrote:So far the best area to trade is Burg.
    Not many people leave that fog-door closed, so here's another one:
    You both enter the taurus demon area and do the trade on top of the archer tower. After you send the phantom home you either quit/reload (to spawn back outside the fog) or use a homeward bone.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 am

jaythibodeau wrote:idon'tevenknowwhatthebothofyouareevensaying.what.Idon'tgetit.IwishIcoulddotheupsidedownweirdtexttoo.DarkSoulsisfun.SomeidiotnamedJaythibodeaujusthappenedtoinvademe.

Ill never tell...

ɔıƃɐɯ sʇı
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:10 am

RenegadeCop wrote:Did you find this out from AGermanSpy, like me? happy
    I don't know who that is, sorry.
    I found out about it, when I tried invading in the first part of Burg with my SL 1 and got trapped in this.

ublug wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:So far the best area to trade is Burg.
    Not many people leave that fog-door closed, so here's another one:
    You both enter the taurus demon area and do the trade on top of the archer tower. After you send the phantom home you either quit/reload (to spawn back outside the fog) or use a homeward bone.
    I have it with my higher SLs, so I usually can summon people to my world, even by RSS. This is better if you're trading by using RSS, because boss loaction isn't accessible to the red phantom. If it's white phantom, then by all means, Taurus is the better choice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm