Sif and Priscilla and other covenant revamps

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Sif and Priscilla and other covenant revamps

Post by LunarFog on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 am

I suddenly thought of a few ways Priscilla and Sif could have their own covenants and how they would work, and a few major additions to existing covenants.

Covenant of Sif - enter the covenant by talking to Sif(possibly by saving him in the DLC). You get points(an item) for killing darkwraiths(the item is a rare drop from NPC darkwraiths and a 100% drop from player darkwraiths), and with enough points, Sif gives you the covenant of Artorias. It would make sense that he fights you because he wants to save you from suffering the same fate as Artorias, but if he smells enough Darkwraith blood on your hands then he might allow you to go eventually. At rank 1, Sif gives you an item that lets you invade people who are about to go into the Abyss(both DLC and New Londo)

Covenant of Priscilla - Still thinking of this one...

Warrior of Sunlight Covenant - On rank 2 or 3, or with 99 sunlight medals, they should be a usable item like the Dragon Head stone that casts light.

Princess guard - They should be given a ring that allows members to be summoned to the boss area in the beginning of the fight against Ornstein and Smough.

Dragon Covenant - On rank 2 or 3 members gain the ability to talk to other dragons(Kalameet and Helkite Dragon) and can obtain dragon head/body stones from them that changes the way their dragon form looks and gives them other powers. No mixing and matching

Kalameet Dragon stones: Firebreath lasts longer and has a wider, but shorter range. Dragonroar heals health. Roll is replaced by a gliding jump, increased invincibility frames and longer distance traveled.

Kalameet Dragon stones: Firebreath has the smallest window, but is the most powerful. Dragonroar has a long charge up time and is similar to Kalameet's levitation skill that lifts the other player up and increasese their damage. Dodgeroll is replaced by a gliding jump.

Chaos Servant Covenant - On rank 2 or 3 they have the ability to infect other players with a maggot.

Last edited by LunarFog on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: Sif and Priscilla and other covenant revamps

Post by Sentiel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 am

Unless I can ride on Sif to battle gankers, it's a no go for me, sorry.

Also, I want Priscilla to remove her clothes depending on my Covenant level, or I don't join. Same to Princess Guard.

Make any of those happen and you got yourself a lifetime member. cheers

EDIT:
    I think I need to go play Dragon Age, or something else BioWare made. lol!

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Keep rule 34 away from my dark souls, as cute as Priscilla is... and...that...Laurentiu- no. Keep it away!

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 pm

LunarFog wrote:Keep rule 34 away from my dark souls
    Spoiler:

densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Sentiel wrote:Unless I can ride on Sif to battle gankers, it's a no go for me, sorry.

Also, I want Priscilla to remove her clothes depending on my Covenant level, or I don't join. Same to Princess Guard.

EDIT:
    Hmmm, Morrigan... :face:

Edit: On topic, I think the variety in covenants is more than enough, maybe add a DLC only cov. I do take issue with how little use there is(personally) in staying loyal to a covenant PvE.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Well, Forest Hunters are more or less Sif's covenant so I'm not sure if he needs his own. Also, there's nothing in the lore that suggests that Sif has the ability to talk, so I'm not sure how that would work exactly.

Priscilla, yes. I agree she definitely needs a covenant of her own.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:45 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Unless I can ride on Sif to battle gankers, it's a no go for me, sorry.

EDIT:
    Hmmm, Morrigan... :face:

Edit: On topic, I think the variety in covenants is more than enough, maybe add a DLC only cov. I do take issue with how little use there is(personally) in staying loyal to a covenant PvE.
    Hmmm, Merrill... :mask-averice:

On topic.
    There are many Covenant based spells, Miracles to be precise, but no Sorceries, or Pyromancies. Also, there are no benefits to most Covenants. That itself deserves a change, so the Covenants would have a deeper meaning and be more usefull to players.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm glad there are no covenant-tied sorceries and pyros. It's annoying to have to belong to a specific covenant in order to use specific spells. The worst part about it? You can never have them all. Want Soothing Sunlight? Lose out on DMB. Want DMB? Lose out on Sunlight Spear.

densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Hmmm, Merrill... :mask-averice:
    Merrill and Izzy ❤
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I'm glad there are no covenant-tied sorceries and pyros. It's annoying to have to belong to a specific covenant in order to use specific spells. The worst part about it? You can never have them all. Want Soothing Sunlight? Lose out on DMB. Want DMB? Lose out on Sunlight Spear.
    I actually prefer it that way, it gives a deeper meaning and connection to covenants for me and increases the immersion. I think covs should prevent a great deal of mixing and matching covenant perks.

And for Gwyn's sake From, don't make another covenant where the covenant head is someone you need to kill silly
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm

Priscilla's covenant yes please. She deserves it.
    Gwynevere striptease? :mask-averice: :Baal02: :Baal02: :Baal02:
    Amazing chest ahead.

I think sif could have any sort of route so you dont have to kill him in order to get the artorias ring. But a covenant? uhmm i dont know.

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “

Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 am

Some more Covenants with PvE effects would be good. At the moment it's really just a matter of either picking one for the Miracles, or Chaos Servant for the shortcut...

A "Covenant of Artorias" could be good. The boss would be Ciaran, the covenant unlocked by giving her the Soul of Artorias. Not sure how you'd rank up, I know it'd involve trying to repair the influence the Abyss had over Artorias. I imagine at a certain rank you'd get the Ring, and at a higher rank a set of Lord Blade's armor. Possibly it gives you the ability to summon Artorias during the Four Kings fight?

I'd also love one for Priscilla too, especially if it's another way of getting her Dagger. Not sure what benefit it would have, or how you'd rank it up... Especially since she seems to want to be left alone...
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:27 am

Zephryl wrote:Some more Covenants with PvE effects would be good. At the moment it's really just a matter of either picking one for the Miracles, or Chaos Servant for the shortcut...

A "Covenant of Artorias" could be good. The boss would be Ciaran, the covenant unlocked by giving her the Soul of Artorias. Not sure how you'd rank up, I know it'd involve trying to repair the influence the Abyss had over Artorias. I imagine at a certain rank you'd get the Ring, and at a higher rank a set of Lord Blade's armor. Possibly it gives you the ability to summon Artorias during the Four Kings fight?

I'd also love one for Priscilla too, especially if it's another way of getting her Dagger. Not sure what benefit it would have, or how you'd rank it up... Especially since she seems to want to be left alone...

I had an idea about Priscilla in my "Path of the Dragon" topic. I think you might like it.

lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:36 am

i think these are good ideas but i think all the covenants need a reboot that makes them more usefull

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I'm glad there are no covenant-tied sorceries and pyros. It's annoying to have to belong to a specific covenant in order to use specific spells. The worst part about it? You can never have them all. Want Soothing Sunlight? Lose out on DMB. Want DMB? Lose out on Sunlight Spear.

Is this true ? Can't you just grab those on NG+. And beyond?
    I would like to see covenants that require loyalty, not just jumpin from cov to cov during your playthroughs. Join one and a couple others disappear for that playthrough.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 am