The Unsullied/Spartan SL55 build

Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Unsullied/Spartan SL55 build

Post by Cabjoy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 am

Hey Guys,

First off apologies for another build thread (I can tell there's gonna be an eff ton of these before the event...), but I was curious about your takes on a spartan build I'm working on.

You'll find the build here:

http://mmdks.com/y15

Alright, a few notes about the creation process of this build.

The first priority of the build was the look, and need for a spear as the primary weapon. Personally this armour set up is probably the best looking thing I could come up with to have an outfit similar to the spartan minions.

I initially wanted to use the Pike, but since I'm going for SL 55 I decided it's a waste of stats and equip burden for SL 55. I also decided on the winged spear since it doesn't seem to get any use (though I should probably use the Partizan to save stats and have a spear more closely aligned with what was used at the time).

My shield choices for the build were Target Shield, Iron Round Shield and Spiked Shield. I liked the idea of using yet another piece of equipment I hadn't bothered with so went with spiked. I could also use Large Leather Shield however, or one of the round shields.

Finally, I have a back up Lightning SSS as a back up and for different elemental attack. happy

Let me know what you think peeps! happy
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Re: The Unsullied/Spartan SL55 build

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:33 am

Why the raggedy look, when you can go CLASSY elite?? The king of the spartans. Partizan is a better option just because of the versatile moveset. Also, naked chest lol.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=318376558758580234

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah I'm gonna have to have a look at the spears and see which moveset I like the most. I actually don't know the movesets of either of those spears so I'll see what I prefer.

I also neglected the bare chest for that little bit more defense, and since it's open stomach at least with the soldier armour I'm happy. happy

I think I'll go with the sunlight shield, only reason I was neglecting it was because of the massive decal, but I think style wise it's more appropriate.

Also, I probably wouldn't go giant's helm just because I can't stand the way it looks. sad
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:42 am

I think the Partizan, with a Broadsword and the Iron Round Shield, would look more spartan-esque: http://mmdks.com/y29

Will be a fun build to use, I'm sure. The mix of spear and shortsword will be interesting, plus the look is entertaining. I hope I get to fight it!

Edit: difference between the Winged Spear and Partizan is their R2 attack. Winged Spear has a strong poke that has more reach than the R1; Partizan has a vertical sweep. Which one you pick depends on whether you want more reach or a sweep. Honestly, they're both equally good--very hard to pick one!

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 am

Giant Helm has a mane that looks pretty awesome, and since the face is hidden you'll look like a spartan elite soldier. Gough's legs are the classiest greaves you can find. Balder legs are broken pieces of trash lol, the briefs look cool though.

Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 am

I'll have to check them out and see how they look. Twinkling titanite upgradable armour is always a positive as well haha.

dusted

Post by dusted on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:45 am

I'm making one of these builds but going toward 30 faith for great lightning spear. The lightning spear is going to be like a javelin throw.
    They have bows and throwing knives in this game but where are the hatchets and javelins?
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 am

BLA1NE wrote:I think the Partizan, with a Broadsword and the Iron Round Shield, would look more spartan-esque: http://mmdks.com/y29

Will be a fun build to use, I'm sure. The mix of spear and shortsword will be interesting, plus the look is entertaining. I hope I get to fight it!

Edit: difference between the Winged Spear and Partizan is their R2 attack. Winged Spear has a strong poke that has more reach than the R1; Partizan has a vertical sweep. Which one you pick depends on whether you want more reach or a sweep. Honestly, they're both equally good--very hard to pick one!

Yeah I'm gonna jump on now and muck around with both spears to see which I prefer. Either way I'm pretty flexible with the sword and spear I use since there's a selection of generic looking weapons in both parties. happy
    From memory the Winged Spear has more reach than the partizan though, so I think that's what I'll go with.

dusted wrote:I'm making one of these builds but going toward 30 faith for great lightning spear. The lightning spear is going to be like a javelin throw.
    They have bows and throwing knives in this game but where are the hatchets and javelins?

I know right! That'd be awesome fun! Only problem would be implementing it while keeping realism, and fun. I imagine the only practical way would to be to have the javelin respawn after you throw it, but that'd be weird haha
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:04 am

Partizan and WS have same range.

Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 pm

They could just treat javalin throws like daggers. You stock up and throw until you run out. Or you get to throw but it damages the javalin each throw.
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm

But I mean, stocking up on 99 Javelins? That's just ludacris...
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

Oh dear lord help me please! So I've just started a NG to prepare this character and I SUCK at using a spear haha. Granted I haven't played the game for around a month, but my efforts are still pretty abysmal right now. Gonna have to put in some work!

Also, like you suggested Blaine, I'm gonna use L. Broadsword instead of Sunlight SS. I didn't realise it was the same AR and moveset for less weight!

And I'm probably just going to prepare a Partizan and a Winged Spear just for the sake of it, unless it takes me forever.
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 am

Broadsword doesn't have the thrust R2 of the SSS's, which is one of the most useful. Different movesets bro.

BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 am

Sunlight Straightsword has more reach too. But I think it may be a tad slower than the broadsword.

Also,
    Cabjoy wrote:ludacris
    "ludicrous". Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but that's one word in particular I can't stand to see butchered. Unless you're talking about the rapper, that's how you spell it!

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:43 am

Holy ****, grammar nazi away man =__= That was completely unintentional. I swear I'm the worst whenever I post **** on the internet, I don't even think :S
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 am

The SSS and the longsword have the same moveset though. One less weight.

A Bunch of My Builds
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Wooow, so I thought I'd have trouble with this build since it appeared as though the elemental damage output was really pretty awful (this is the first time I've played with elemental since my first NG), but it's shaping up to be reaaally effective. I can actually Forest Hunt without pretty much any issues, even against hosts that are SL100 or higher. This should be fun at SL55! >big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 am