Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
User1
WyrmHero
ChizFreak
7 posters

Need some input on this build please

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Need some input on this build please Empty Need some input on this build please

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 pm

What do you think?:

SL 55 version:
    http://mmdks.com/xv3

SL 55 Tarkus variation:
    http://mmdks.com/xv7

SL 100 final (I will go 55 for the event, then go to 100):
    http://mmdks.com/xva
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Need some input on this build please Empty Re: Need some input on this build please

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Tarkus hands and legs suddenly got fatter, and he has to use the Zweih and a BK shield for the sake of higher HP.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=173517330614468648

Your annoying poking dragon, with DWGR. :x

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=130050806330060458

SL 100 version: http://mmdks.com/xvy
    I don't know if the Greatsword is better off as elemental because since it's a quality weapon and you have low Dex....idk.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Need some input on this build please Empty Re: Need some input on this build please

Post by User1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm

I hope this isn't in preparation for the Ceaseless Assault, because if it is, I'm screwed.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I hope this isn't in preparation for the Ceaseless Assault, because if it is, I'm screwed.

It is, I have a Demon's Spear in reserve just in case I face his dragon. twisted
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:32 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:I hope this isn't in preparation for the Ceaseless Assault, because if it is, I'm screwed.

It is, I have a Demon's Spear in reserve just in case I face his dragon. twisted

I'm better with a spear than you silly.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 pm

I saw your spear skills at Sen's Fortress, and that is what inspired me to use the Silver Knight Spear. And it's AMAZING.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I saw your spear skills at Sen's Fortress, and that is what inspired me to use the Silver Knight Spear. And it's AMAZING.

Everyone loves Spears 8). Those who say otherwise is because say it's too easy to win with them. I say people are mad because their tactic that works against everything doesn't work against spears.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:18 am

might as well go with a havel build dude. 50 str is a waste of time if youre doing a tarkus build. what about this? http://mmdks.com/y1w or this http://mmdks.com/y1x
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:50 am

Offhanded Zwei is really interesting. Make sure you don't use it locked-on, though, otherwise you're begging to get parried (pro-tip: to parry an offhanded Zwei in PvP, parry immediately as soon as you see your opponent start to swing it. Good luck not getting parried now Chiz! silly). And I like your mix of weapons--something for everything.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 am

RenegadeCop wrote:I saw your spear skills at Sen's Fortress, and that is what inspired me to use the Silver Knight Spear. And it's AMAZING.
    >skills
    >spear
    Look Skyward
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    >skills
    >spear
    Need some input on this build please 2707236321

CRY SOME MOAR
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 pm

RantFromRant wrote:might as well go with a havel build dude. 50 str is a waste of time if youre doing a tarkus build. what about this? http://mmdks.com/y1w or this http://mmdks.com/y1x

I'm not going for a Tarkus build, it's simply a STR build, but I like to make builds so I can cosplay as most NPCs that use that stat as their main (in this case, Tarkus, Havel, Siegmeyer, Stone Guardian, Berenike Knight).

Anyway, the 55 build can be pretty varied, as long as it can be then upgraded to 100. To be honest I wanted to bring a level 55 Havel Build, but I saw someone that's gonna do it too. So I thought that then I should go with level 55 Tarkus...

Thoughts on this? Should I still bring a Havel build?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Like we say here, Havel is fried as hell. Why not a Royal Root Stone Guardian or something fresh.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:46 pm

What is with SL 55 builds lately?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:What is with SL 55 builds lately?

For the forum event.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Like we say here, Havel is fried as hell. Why not a Royal Root Stone Guardian or something fresh.

Okay, sounds we are getting somwhere... why don't you guys give me ideas for a STR level 55 build, that can be then upgraded to the level 100 I posted above. It's not as difficult as it sounds silly

Wyrm, Royal Root you mean the guy with the Stone Axe? I would like more the Stone Guardian from Darkroot, but I think that guy requires some INT or DEX, or I'm wrong? Anyway, give me your opinion about this happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Yeah the one with the Stone Greataxe. Too high requirements for SL 55 though, you'll have to use 2 hand only if you want HP. I believe we can't use the Stone Greatsword for the event, because of TWoP.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    >skills
    >spear

CRY SOME MOAR
    Go ahead and spear away if you want to win that badly, but don't think you have skill for using the most broken weapon class in the game. I think you mentioned earlier that "tactics people use don't work against spears" and that's why we're mad, so enlighten me. What tactics can one use against a spear, aside from another spear?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    >skills
    >spear

CRY SOME MOAR
    Go ahead and spear away if you want to win that badly, but don't think you have skill for using the most broken weapon class in the game. I think you mentioned earlier that "tactics people use don't work against spears" and that's why we're mad, so enlighten me. What tactics can one use against a spear, aside from another spear?

Dodging and Counter-Attack. Parrying. Ranged Attacks. The Poison Knives and the poop can be used too, because of lag if you use them correctly it's possible to dodge them.

BACKSTABS.

Another spear and being better is the easiest counter though.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Last time I turtled Chiz with a Velka's Rapier while he was using the SKS. Turtling and bows are pretty good strategies.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Last time I turtled Chiz with a Velka's Rapier while he was using the SKS. Turtling and bows are pretty good strategies.

Yeah but you were using Pursuers, Crystal Spears and Dark Bead lol

Without that, turtling wouldn't have worked much, unless the spear guy losses his patience and starts attacking mindlessly against your shield. Even then turtling is not a good idea, long range = i can break your guard without you hitting me. Unless, well, you have another spear lol

Ranged attacks combined with fast melee attacks work. Slow STR weapons won't work at all.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:09 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    >skills
    >spear

CRY SOME MOAR

Dodging and Counter-Attack. Parrying. Ranged Attacks. The Poison Knives and the poop can be used too, because of lag if you use them correctly it's possible to dodge them.

BACKSTABS.

Dodge and counterattack only works if the opponent is an idiot. The only possible dodge and counter against a long spear is straight towards them, in which case they can and will roll away because their attack animation has already finished. Spears are some of the best counters against all types of Bs fishers, backstabs only work if the opponent is turtling and attacks more than once at close range. The tip of a spear can't be parried, again it only works if the opponent is an idiot and attacks at close range. Poison knives leave you vulnerable against a long range weapon like a spear. Bows and crossbows are useful against a spear user but you won't win a match on 200 damage bow shots. Both also freeze the user in place, either before or after the shot, which limits their viability against a spear. That's the only legitimate way you proposed to even the odds, and a spear user won't take a second shot from those weapons most of the time.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:
    >skills
    >spear

CRY SOME MOAR

BACKSTABS.

Dodge and counterattack only works if the opponent is an idiot. The only possible dodge and counter against a long spear is straight towards them, in which case they can and will roll away because their attack animation has already finished. Spears are some of the best counters against all types of Bs fishers, backstabs only work if the opponent is turtling and attacks more than once at close range. The tip of a spear can't be parried, again it only works if the opponent is an idiot and attacks at close range. Poison knives leave you vulnerable against a long range weapon like a spear. Bows and crossbows are useful against a spear user but you won't win a match on 200 damage bow shots. Both also freeze the user in place, either before or after the shot, which limits their viability against a spear. That's the only legitimate way you proposed to even the odds, and a spear user won't take a second shot from those weapons most of the time.

Taking the bow/crossbow part, the translation to all your negatives is "a good spear user can't be hit", and that certainly is not true. Being a better player means also to know to lure your opponent into making a mistake. Players are humans. Humans are not perfect. If you what said was true, in every medieval fighting melee game spears would be OP.

I can think of lots of examples (first that comes to my mind is the game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare), where spears are used by people to poke people and others say "impossible to beat them, they will dodge your attempt of attack and counter attack". In every occasion, the general solutions are: ranged attacks, counter after a missed attack and/or be aggressive (stay very close to them).

PS: In DkS shields are almost mandatory when fighting spear users.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Don't talk about spears in another game when this is DkS. Spear users are mobile and cannot be hit save by bows and xbows if they use the longer weapons in their class. DkS is not a balanced game, and nor is life. A spear user has a massive advantage in real life as well, if you know anything about medieval combat.

You bought the game, no one's telling you that you can't do anything, but like deadangling WoG or buffing a rapier with DMB, it shows a poor attitude to bring these things to an event that's being held for the sake of fun and laid back dueling. If we all cared about using the best stuff and getting the easiest wins we'd all be using the SKS and this event would get really boring really fast. Most people, though, feel like using a spear is a cheap win and have some consideration toward how unfun it is for the opponent to fight against one. If it gives you a sense of satisfaction, go ahead, like I said no one will stop you.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Geez Ghadis, calm down! I never implied I was going to be such a try hard, I was going to abuse the SkS! I just use the weapon as a backup, for people who keep a long range away from my Chaos Blade, which is my primary weapon. You earlier said I said something about spear tactics, well that wasn't me. I use the Chaos Blade sometimes as a bleed weapon, and finish people off with the spear. Chizfreak's tactics are correct, if used at the right time. Stop being so aggressive to people and complain about what they think will work or not. Now, is your rant over?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 pm