Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Animaaal
WyrmHero
6 posters

Faithful Master

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Faithful Master Empty Faithful Master

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm

There's nothing revolutionary here, it's a simple Dex/Faith for SL 100. However I'm planning to use him for the event. Iaito is my favorite katana, but at SL 55 20 Dex seems like a waste for same AR as an uchi. Here's how he looks at SL 55:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=287777161821669442

He'll swap Demon's Spear, 37 Vit my bad.

At SL 100:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=190246770587661770

Swap SKS. Use another WoG instead of heal for non arena duels.

Wolf Ring can get me as high as 40 poise. Sometimes I think the DWGR's I frames are far more useful than the low poise, but needs more testing. This one will only buff if they buff as well according to his honor code. My other builds were buff dependent and they suck. What do you guys think?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Faithful Master Empty Re: Faithful Master

Post by Animaaal Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 am

You're sl 55 is <3 if you ask me. Your Uchi logic is sound and I loooooooooove the look bud. If I had a plus one you'd get it for that alone.

I got a look I like: Ponytail 7 Poise

But you give up some really good magic defenses. You're only going to increase your defenses minimally anyway, no matter how many times you critique your armor. The 7 poise will be nice if you face a dagger, but since the nerf to the poise stabber, daggers seem more rare. But there is the Dark Tracer now I suppose.

This is what I'd use at 100: Yojimbo

Now I switched to the Darkhand, but thats strictly preference. By doing that, I am able to have more defenses than before, but that is not the main reason. I like how it knocks you back while blocking. The 80's across the board is kind of a b!tch, but its worth it imo. As long as you block, you dont get stunlocked. A fair trade for my playstyle. I dont block much. i want it to count.

I'd also keep the uchi. But thats only because when considering the Iatio r2, I feel it becomes replaced with the DWGR. The Iatios r2 seems redundant with the DWGR on. But then again thats playstyle prefernce only. Then you have force too. I love that as well.

Again I love the look dude. I'd play it for that alone. I have a couple builds that would benefit or become more "optomized" with slightly different set ups, but my most effective builds are the ones slightly not optomized. The DWGR for instance. One of my builds would benefit from the Leo ring by far, but I love flippin around with my Ricards Rapier. I feel it adds to my element of suprise, thereby making me more confident, ergo better.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 am

Mine and yours both look epic, the hat + kat gives a sweet samuraish tone.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 am

WyrmHero wrote:There's nothing revolutionary here, it's a simple Dex/Faith for SL 100. However I'm planning to use him for the event. Iaito is my favorite katana, but at SL 55 20 Dex seems like a waste for same AR as an uchi. Here's how he looks at SL 55:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=287777161821669442

He'll swap Demon's Spear, 37 Vit my bad.

At SL 100:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=190246770587661770

Swap SKS. Use another WoG instead of heal for non arena duels.

Wolf Ring can get me as high as 40 poise. Sometimes I think the DWGR's I frames are far more useful than the low poise, but needs more testing. This one will only buff if they buff as well according to his honor code. My other builds were buff dependent and they suck. What do you guys think?

Damn it Wyrm! Every time you post a build I'm impressed, and reminded by how utterly boring my builds in this game are. sad

Keep up the good work man!

Oh, and that SL 55 variant looks absolutely brutal. It looks like it could stand up against SL100 builds if you're smart and can land a few more hits.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:33 am

it'sa dex build. that is all.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 am

WyrmHero wrote:Mine and yours both look epic, the hat + kat gives a sweet samuraish tone.

Sho nuff!

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:17 am

swap your force for an emit force. also the Iato has the ability to dead-angle pretty easily so there it is. this is what i would have done. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=351732300797361080
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am

i think buffs suck in duels where your opponent wont cry bloody murder if you pull a spear.. except maybe on like a bss or a halberd.. washing pole too probably.

now.. you're willing to swap spears, and you're considering the wolf and dwgr ring..
    i mean dude.. you can swap them lol! there's no weight restriction, just bring em both. and a rtsr.

you encounter a greatsword or bigger? get the dwgr or try to get 53-56 poise. you encounter a kat or something small? put on wolf.
    wanna use you spear? dwgr.
    kat? wolf ring.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 am

Rifter7 wrote:i think buffs suck in duels where your opponent wont cry bloody murder if you pull a spear.. except maybe on like a bss or a halberd.. washing pole too probably.

now.. you're willing to swap spears, and you're considering the wolf and dwgr ring..
    i mean dude.. you can swap them lol! there's no weight restriction, just bring em both. and a rtsr.

you encounter a greatsword or bigger? get the dwgr or try to get 53-56 poise. you encounter a kat or something small? put on wolf.
    wanna use you spear? dwgr.
    kat? wolf ring.

That's exactly what I was thinking about. The buff is only used if they buff because most of them will turtle till my buff runs out.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Here's your +1 for style points I couldn't give you yesterday.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Thank you!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:11 pm