What do ya think?

DemonRider909
    Casual
    Casual

What do ya think?

Post by DemonRider909 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=436412705815281798 What do you guys think of this build? The armor I'm still indescisive over, but the weapons I'm pretty sure of. The build is already done, so only suggestions for armor/weapons will be helpful.

Thank you....

PSN:DemonRider909
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: What do ya think?

Post by SillentShadow on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Its a solid build. With good dodging skills and you will probably win a lot..

I dont like since you will spend most your time turtling and shield poking.......... Or are you actually going to dual wield?
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:23 pm

This needs more giants with flipping swag ring.

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

With your stats a Flamberge would be a good option. Halberd and curved swords are good options as well. With 33 Dex I don't know if you'll be doing more damage than an elemental. The sweet spot when a normal weapon does more damage than an elemental is still unknown to me.

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:48 pm

http://mmdks.com/xt7

53 poise, and you can switch to Spear by menu swap, but when you do you'll be mid rolling. Which is fair in my opinion since SKS has a huge range

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

No Poise Poker Joker

I think I know what you're going for here. This is a build you could try and still retain your original playstyle for the most part. Good job on stat allocation and originality, I bet you're having fun.

1) The armor set up I'm using with this build hits 300 and above on all defenses except fire and lightning. While the armor set up yo have is good, flame defense is its only strength. I believe 300 def and 400 def are considered to be breakpoints of sorts. Someone please correct me if thats wrong.

2) This set up has the Shotel equipped for the sake of quick swapping. The Shotel is heavier than the Painting Sword, so just use the PGS. But when you have to deal with a good turtle, you'll be glad you prepared for this.

3) I think the pgs is too good to use in the left hand. Just my opinion though. A spear in the left hand with either a shotel or pgs to accompany it is deadly, period. You can also parry barehanded if so inclined.

4) I'd use a chaos bow with these stats. In all my bow builds (short bows) I use chaos 90% of the time. I also always use moonlight arrows (for elf ears) and poison arrows. Of course I whip out the fire arrows for style points 8)

5) I know I ditched the rapier, but unless you're going to use a ring for it, I think it will be unecessary.

6) If I'm using a bow, I'm using the Coloranthy or the DWGR. The space you can create is very helpful. The DWGR is still a great ring. You'll come to love abusing i frames. Combine that with a left handed spear and you're gold.

The Leo or Hornets ring would be best with the rapier imo. Unless you're using the Wolf Ring for poise stabs, which is fine as well.

I personally don't use much poise, unless I'm makin a tank. 40 free poise from the ring is great. If you're comfortable with that, then I say go for it. I think you will evenutally progress to the Leo or Hornets when using a rapier however. If you're using the rapier for the "comfort" of the moveset, then I'd say ditch it now. If you're using the rapier to maximize the crits, then I'd say ditch the wolf ring.

7) I know you're loving the pgs....ditch the rapier..... twisted

If you're dead set on you're weapon set up, then I'd probably switch to this armor set up:

version 2

DemonRider909
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DemonRider909 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 am

Thank you for the feedback. This is my first low-level build, so I'm really happy that I put in the stats well, because the builds already done. As for suggestions/questions, yes, I will be dual wielding as soon as I get the PGS. The weapon choice (except for the SKS) was simply for having fun and trying something new. Also, I'm going for style. If anyone can tell me about a decently light, underused weapon which would scale well, the would be great.

PSN:DemonRider909

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 am