Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
sinisterapathy
Sevans
Tolvo
BLA1NE
Sloth9230
Seignar
Ashran
Hydreigon11
argetlam213
Carphil
WandererReece
15 posters

New Devil May Cry

Poll

Is it as good or better then the origional?

[ 5 ]
    New Devil May Cry - Page 3 I_vote_lcap36%New Devil May Cry - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 9 ]
    New Devil May Cry - Page 3 I_vote_lcap64%New Devil May Cry - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [64%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

New Devil May Cry - Page 3 Empty Re: New Devil May Cry

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Ehh this is probably the most dishonorable thing he does in the game

Spoiler:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Haven't they killed hundreds if not thousands of things?

Who cares about, that sort of thing really?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Spoiler:
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Funny, Vergil in DMC3 always hated firearms...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Spoiler:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Funny, Vergil in DMC3 always hated firearms...

The original Vergil was perfectly fine with using a shotgun, which he did, in the first novel, that Hideki Kamiya(original creator) took part in. The whole Vergil doesn't like guns thing is only from DMC3, and even then we saw that he was willing to use one. So really, what Ninja Theory did is no different from what Hideaki Itsuno(the guy that took over after the first game) did.

Some "fans" of the series are really only just fans of DMC3. That's fine, you don't have to like every game to consider yourself a fan of the series, but they shouldn't go around accusing others of not being "true fans" just because they like this new game.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:Funny, Vergil in DMC3 always hated firearms...

The original Vergil was perfectly fine with using a shotgun, which he did, in the first novel, that Hideki Kamiya(original creator) took part in. The whole Vergil doesn't like guns thing is only from DMC3, and even then we saw that he was willing to use one. So really, what Ninja Theory did is no different from what Hideaki Itsuno(the guy that took over after the first game) did.

Some "fans" of the series are really only just fans of DMC3. That's fine, you don't have to like every game to consider yourself a fan of the series, but they shouldn't go around accusing others of not being "true fans" just because they like this new game.

He's capable of using them but he still finds them unappealing. That why he says, "Maybe we'll try it your way for once" when he catches Ivory during the arkham fight with so much disgust. But w/ever.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 pm

5 month necro>Multiple threads
    Just needed to say that since the search button is apparently to well hidden for people at times silly

Well, I bought the new DmC recently, and finished my first playthrough on Nephalim difficulty.

I loved the game. I thought the story was good, nothing epic or particularly original, but it was well written and suited the characters/style etc.
    But sweet mother of Zoidberg the combat is fantastic, felt really fluid and responsive. The default controls were fine once I learned them, but I am planning on testing a few custom layouts before I go for the more extreme difficulties.

I personally preferred both the new setting (Limbo City) and the new characters/designs. I mean, white hair/red coat will always be 'Dante', but I found the new Dante to be more likable as far as characters I want to play as.

There are only two things I didn't like in this new take on the DmC world:

First of all Vergil. I actually quite liked Vergils personality and look in the original games, and his do-goody/smillie attitude is not my cup of tea (I know he goes all master-race at the end but it kinda felt hollow to me after his rants about freedom and stuff: basically it felt to me like they missed out an oppurtunity to develop his character more, I would have quite possibly enjoyed the character more if they had focused a bit more on the plot-twist and follow-up portion of the story). On the flipside, I got it into my head early on that Vergil would end up douching it up and need to be put down at some point, so my gripes made him an antagonist that I really enjoyed fighting.

Secondly, the style meter seemed abit OP. I've already been warned that at Hell or Hell difficulty, this will be a non-issue, but at the starting difficulties at least, it was far too easy to keep my Style Meter at SSS. In DMC3 I had to claw my way just to an S-rank, and even then it was gone after a few seconds.

But neither of these are too bad, and in no way make the game unenjoyable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm