New Devil May Cry

Poll

Is it as good or better then the origional?

[ 5 ]
    36% [36%] 
    [ 9 ]
    64% [64%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Re: New Devil May Cry

Post by Sloth9230 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Ehh this is probably the most dishonorable thing he does in the game

Spoiler:

There's two things they could be referring to:

1. Shooting the hostage and the Fetus. While it is a d*ck move, Vergil has never really been one to honor agreements as this cutscene shows. Really, the only times Vergil behaves honorably are during his fights against Dante.

2. The Assault rifle. Vergil has made it known that he dislikes using guns because they are not weapons fit for a "true warrior". Despite that, he does use magic to summon what are essentially homing soul masses in the shapes of swords. And while he does not like using guns, he has been shown willing to use them

As for why he's using it? he's pretending to be a human so the big bad won't know that there's someone else like Dante around.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Haven't they killed hundreds if not thousands of things?

Who cares about, that sort of thing really?
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Spoiler:
    I guess it's the same thing as killing POWs/civilians vs armed combatants. The whole thing is a bit ridiculous though. No one ever questions the mortality of killing clearly sentient beings, They're the enemy so they have to die. I guess people think it's okay to kill demon's, just not babay demons for some reason.

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Funny, Vergil in DMC3 always hated firearms...

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Spoiler:
    Yeah, it's all killing. There's not really much of a difference in my eyes.
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Funny, Vergil in DMC3 always hated firearms...

The original Vergil was perfectly fine with using a shotgun, which he did, in the first novel, that Hideki Kamiya(original creator) took part in. The whole Vergil doesn't like guns thing is only from DMC3, and even then we saw that he was willing to use one. So really, what Ninja Theory did is no different from what Hideaki Itsuno(the guy that took over after the first game) did.

Some "fans" of the series are really only just fans of DMC3. That's fine, you don't have to like every game to consider yourself a fan of the series, but they shouldn't go around accusing others of not being "true fans" just because they like this new game.

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:Funny, Vergil in DMC3 always hated firearms...

The original Vergil was perfectly fine with using a shotgun, which he did, in the first novel, that Hideki Kamiya(original creator) took part in. The whole Vergil doesn't like guns thing is only from DMC3, and even then we saw that he was willing to use one. So really, what Ninja Theory did is no different from what Hideaki Itsuno(the guy that took over after the first game) did.

Some "fans" of the series are really only just fans of DMC3. That's fine, you don't have to like every game to consider yourself a fan of the series, but they shouldn't go around accusing others of not being "true fans" just because they like this new game.

He's capable of using them but he still finds them unappealing. That why he says, "Maybe we'll try it your way for once" when he catches Ivory during the arkham fight with so much disgust. But w/ever.

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 pm

5 month necro>Multiple threads
    Just needed to say that since the search button is apparently to well hidden for people at times silly

Well, I bought the new DmC recently, and finished my first playthrough on Nephalim difficulty.

I loved the game. I thought the story was good, nothing epic or particularly original, but it was well written and suited the characters/style etc.
    But sweet mother of Zoidberg the combat is fantastic, felt really fluid and responsive. The default controls were fine once I learned them, but I am planning on testing a few custom layouts before I go for the more extreme difficulties.

I personally preferred both the new setting (Limbo City) and the new characters/designs. I mean, white hair/red coat will always be 'Dante', but I found the new Dante to be more likable as far as characters I want to play as.

There are only two things I didn't like in this new take on the DmC world:

First of all Vergil. I actually quite liked Vergils personality and look in the original games, and his do-goody/smillie attitude is not my cup of tea (I know he goes all master-race at the end but it kinda felt hollow to me after his rants about freedom and stuff: basically it felt to me like they missed out an oppurtunity to develop his character more, I would have quite possibly enjoyed the character more if they had focused a bit more on the plot-twist and follow-up portion of the story). On the flipside, I got it into my head early on that Vergil would end up douching it up and need to be put down at some point, so my gripes made him an antagonist that I really enjoyed fighting.

Secondly, the style meter seemed abit OP. I've already been warned that at Hell or Hell difficulty, this will be a non-issue, but at the starting difficulties at least, it was far too easy to keep my Style Meter at SSS. In DMC3 I had to claw my way just to an S-rank, and even then it was gone after a few seconds.

But neither of these are too bad, and in no way make the game unenjoyable.

Smile, it confuses people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:14 am