Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
sinisterapathy
Sevans
Tolvo
BLA1NE
Sloth9230
Seignar
Ashran
Hydreigon11
argetlam213
Carphil
WandererReece
15 posters

New Devil May Cry

Poll

Is it as good or better then the origional?

[ 5 ]
    New Devil May Cry - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%New Devil May Cry - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 9 ]
    New Devil May Cry - Page 2 I_vote_lcap64%New Devil May Cry - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [64%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Sevans
    Sevans
    Casual
    Casual

New Devil May Cry - Page 2 Empty Re: New Devil May Cry

Post by Sevans Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:38 pm

To answer the poll question: Yes and no.

No, it is not as good as DMC3.

Yes, it is as good or better than DMC, DMC2, and DMC4.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 pm

I got it for PC(preorder 25% off thanks to greenmangaming). I think its awesome. I remember when the first one came out. It was amazing. Then i played the second...

As a man with long hair i will say i dont care for the new haircut...they should have made it longer! hah i dont care what he looks like the game is fun.

I do miss the gothic style. Limbo looks really cool though. The level design is really good. Really linear which is something i always hate but they did it well and thats DMC for ya.

I hear alot of complaing about the cussing. Doesnt bother me a bit. I cuss alot though. The infamous scene with the succubus...her voice was annoying the dialog was fine for a DMC. People complain about the dialog then praise it in the old DMCs...really? The dialog was always horrible. He still has his one liners and puns. Which i never cared for but they are not any worse than they used to be.

My only issue is that its a bit short. Lots of replay value though and bloody palace will come out for free soon.

I would reccomend it if you liked the old ones or hack and slash games.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Bad dialogue? what are you talking about?

... A'hhh, right.

But it's hamminess gave it a certain charm lol

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm

https://youtu.be/kXrP_MDW2E0

TB did a first impressions video of the game if you are interested.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 pm

sinisterapathy wrote:I hear alot of complaing about the cussing. Doesnt bother me a bit. I cuss alot though. The infamous scene with the succubus...her voice was annoying the dialog was fine for a DMC. People complain about the dialog then praise it in the old DMCs...really? The dialog was always horrible. He still has his one liners and puns. Which i never cared for but they are not any worse than they used to be..

I think some people don't get the value of one liners.

Also, cussing doesn't bother me. I went to high school, and I have yet to hear something worse then what I heared in High School. Actually, it would be against forum rules to post the worst thing I heared in high school.

lol!

Also, I visited myself in a dream. I said to myself, "You'll never know how bad it is until you try it." I can't argue with myself, so I'll buy it when the price drops.

I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't visit myself earlier. It would have saved me a lot of hassel.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:12 am

Hah! Thanks for that Sloth. Brings back Fond memories. Doesnt count here but +1.

I also saw TBs vid Tolvo and as always it was well done. +1 for TB...even though its off topic. He was playing my least favorite level though lol.

I understand the value of one liners...but theres such a thing as too many and most of them are bad. silly Although its often the really bad ones that make me laugh...hmm...

Its the puns that get to me though...too many! Stop it Dante!

Some of the one liners were pretty good in the reboot. I will admit I chuckled at one or two. I am a little ashamed to admit I even smiled at one of his puns..

Glad to hear you're willing to give it a shot its a good game. I typically get bored with hack and slash pretty quick but im on my third playthough and still enjoy it. I reccomend the PC version as consoles are capped at 30fps. It looks great. I can even run it on ultra and I only have a dual core processor.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 pm

https://youtu.be/lTit6Yg0z7M

To my understanding, this was either done on the hardest or second to hardest difficulty. I think the game might have some balance issues.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 am

Just ordered the DMC HD collection, and I'm laughing at how badly this game flopped. Not even outselling DMC4's launch week with millions of dollars of advertising, and 3 more days to sell in...
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 am

I lol at the failure of the sales. Remember when they claimed they would sell 5 million units?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 am

So I heard some of the gameplay is good until you get into the harder difficulties.

I find it a bit of a disappointment that people are giving the game very low reviews though just because of the way Dante looks. By the way I hate the new look.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 am

Just be glad you don't have to play as this guy.

New Devil May Cry - Page 2 Dmc%20neo%20dante

Whoever thought this was cool, or "hip", needs to get fired now Look Skyward
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:57 am

GrinTwist wrote:So I heard some of the gameplay is good until you get into the harder difficulties.

I find it a bit of a disappointment that people are giving the game very low reviews though just because of the way Dante looks. By the way I hate the new look.

If you seriously believe people are still mad at the hair, then you need to get with the times.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 am

bloodpixel wrote:I lol at the failure of the sales. Remember when they claimed they would sell 5 million units?

They'll be lucky to break 5 million in its lifetime.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Just be glad you don't have to play as this guy.

Spoiler:

Whoever thought this was cool, or "hip", needs to get fired now New Devil May Cry - Page 2 2707236321

Do I want to know who that is?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

It's a dlc outfit, they all him "Neo Dante"
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:It's a dlc outfit, they all him "Neo Dante"

Seriously? New Devil May Cry - Page 2 3596227959
    Sevans
    Sevans
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sevans Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:So I heard some of the gameplay is good until you get into the harder difficulties.

If you seriously believe people are still mad at the hair, then you need to get with the times.

Except that a lot of folks are still pretty vocal about the change to Dante's look and I've personally talked to people who are still hung up on the hair thing. It's a reality whether or not you want to accept it.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Sevans wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:

Except that a lot of folks are still pretty vocal about the change to Dante's look and I've personally talked to people who are still hung up on the hair thing. It's a reality whether or not you want to accept it.

The vocal response to Dante's appearance at the start was due to there being no other facts about the game. Everyone stopped complaining about the hair once the other, far worse issues with the game and devs/Capcom became apparent. Dante looking like a british teenage hobo with downs is still a legitimate complaint though.
    Sevans
    Sevans
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sevans Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:11 pm

That's the thing -- Not everyone stopped complaining about the appearance once the game came out. The game has flaws and a lot of folks have legitimate complaints about it (serious glitches being my primary concern) but there are still a bunch of low-lifes that have nothing better to do than moan about his appearance. I know a few people personally who won't even try the game because it's not the old Dante. That's just absurd.

You going out of the way to say he looks like a teenage hobo with downs doesn't really strengthen your case either, Deadpool.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:It's a dlc outfit, they all him "Neo Dante"

Seriously? New Devil May Cry - Page 2 3596227959

Cereal Prostration
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:40 pm

I personally like the physical design of the new Dante better, but I still don't really like it. Reminds me way too much of Jack Slate. Then again I'm not a DMC fan.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Sevans wrote:That's the thing -- Not everyone stopped complaining about the appearance once the game came out. The game has flaws and a lot of folks have legitimate complaints about it (serious glitches being my primary concern) but there are still a bunch of low-lifes that have nothing better to do than moan about his appearance. I know a few people personally who won't even try the game because it's not the old Dante. That's just absurd.

You going out of the way to say he looks like a teenage hobo with downs doesn't really strengthen your case either, Deadpool.

And I'm just saying that they probably wouldn't enjoy the game anyway. If they're big enough fans of Classic Dante, then they'd vastly prefer the complex combat offered by DMC 3 and 4, not Heavenly Sword 2: f*ck you boogaloo.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:

I wasn't really mad at the hair as much as the facial structure of his face. It's just a nitpick of mine personally but I can't stand it.

I have heard though that Dante and Vergil, character wise, are hated among a lot of the fans, but that's just what I've heard. To be honest I'm not even a big fan of the series themselves.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Vergil isn't all that different from his original characterization, so I don't what they're complaining about. They probably haven't even played the game.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:05 pm

From what I've heard it's about how he doesn't have any honor within the game unlike in the first one. Too bad I don't know what either sides of this debate are talking about since I haven't played either of them. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am