Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ComaPrison
The Letter X
VMatrixX
ChizFreak
KingSeekerCow
9 posters

A banking system?

Poll

Banking

[ 3 ]
    A banking system? I_vote_lcap16%A banking system? I_vote_rcap [16%] 
    [ 15 ]
    A banking system? I_vote_lcap79%A banking system? I_vote_rcap [79%] 
    [ 1 ]
    A banking system? I_vote_lcap5%A banking system? I_vote_rcap [5%] 

Total Votes: 19
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

A banking system? Empty A banking system?

Post by KingSeekerCow Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:23 pm

I thought about this while playing my characters that I felt that were at their prime. You never stop collecting souls in Dark Souls. Granted you can lose them and recover or not, you will always have an infinite amount of souls to 999,999 I believe. How about a banking system where your account(Xbox/Playstation/PC) that all your characters can access. Granted there will be an amount you can withdraw per day/month to keep low level OP Characters in check.

You can use this system to level your character much faster, while we are at it, it can hold items like the Bottomless Box but all your characters can access it.

I do not know, what is your guys opinion on this?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

A banking system? Empty Re: A banking system?

Post by ChizFreak Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Nope, it just doesn't fit the Dark Souls spirit. It wouldn't be right either, it would facilitate things for griefers. Also the limit of souls I think is 9.999.999.999 (9 billion) or 999.999.999 (999 million). I never went past 3 million. But I've seen people with 20 million.

The point of souls is that you always have you carry them, you have to think, "Should I venture into this new area with so many souls? Maybe I should spent some first..." Losing souls is important as they are both experience and money in Dark Souls. That risk of losing, is part of why losing is something we don't want to experience.
    VMatrixX
    VMatrixX
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VMatrixX Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Nah man, this question was asked with dark souls and pretty much, if you bank your souls before a big fight, you dont feel the risk of losing them, and the rush of beating the boss or area with the souls intact.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm

I agree with Chiz and Matrix on this. A banking system defeats the purpose of one of the main concepts of Dark Souls even though it is a good idea.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:25 pm

go play skyrim you traitor
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 pm

I think it would be a great addition, if they could find a way to prevent it from being used to keep souls SAFE. Banking souls to keep them safe from dying to a boss? Bad.

Being able to use souls to level up alts directly? I'd love this. I hate how once you cap your character your souls basically go to waste.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 am

Nooooo. . .

oooo. . .
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 am

There's already sort of a banking system - you can buy a ton of items and feed them to Frampt later. Sure, you get a hugely negative interest rate, but how's that different from real-life banking? big grin

Kidding aside, I just don't see the need for this. I often carry around several hundred thousand souls, or even over a million, when doing co-op. Other players often carry around several million. After a while you become good enough at the game that you can always recover your humanity/souls if you die, and even if you don't, you'll know how to farm a whole bunch pretty quickly. And for less experienced players who often die on the way to their bloodstain, that frustration is a critical part of the game experience.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:51 pm

KingSeekerCow wrote:I thought about this while playing my characters that I felt that were at their prime. You never stop collecting souls in Dark Souls. Granted you can lose them and recover or not, you will always have an infinite amount of souls to 999,999 I believe. How about a banking system where your account(Xbox/Playstation/PC) that all your characters can access. Granted there will be an amount you can withdraw per day/month to keep low level OP Characters in check.

You can use this system to level your character much faster, while we are at it, it can hold items like the Bottomless Box but all your characters can access it.

I do not know, what is your guys opinion on this?

Basically, you want the BB glitch back.

Where's the "Hell No" option?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm