the lazy...bowman. me.

    Share
    avatar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-06-14

    the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by passivefamiliar on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 pm

    So I've been away from dark souls a bit.(not for a second do i think any of you missed me, i was just a casual guest here) but i'm wanting to get back into this.

    I'm thinking. Full on archer. I know its been done. But i was wondering. Anyone got a pre made build that worked well? I know some melee is needed, unavoidable almost. I was thinking sticking to the short sword, maybe dual wield them. Or toss a parrying dagger in off hand. I figure no shield. Would like it to be a pvp range appropriate as well.

    So, addicted community. What do have?

    I'm more an aesthetics type to for armors sake. I expect I'll want him to look like an archer, vs actually have good armor for the weight. I've never done builds....i just throw points here and there na dmake my character look how i want. And i enjoy my game all the better. If i pull out a win...that's just a plus. Not the overall important driving factor.


    _________________
    PSN id: Passivefamiliar


    pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by WyrmHero on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:47 pm

    How about this one, the archer of the gods. It's female btw.

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=137200991680270434


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-06-14

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by passivefamiliar on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:40 pm

    Hmmmmm a holy archer. I like that. Might have to see what else pops up but...considering your the only contestant...your winning so far! Sadly i will be negating your weapon choices. The demon spear doesn't fit for looks. Cosmetics my friend. Cosmetics over function is my playstyle.


    _________________
    PSN id: Passivefamiliar


    pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by WyrmHero on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:48 pm

    Could use divine Partizan. Spears are the most useful backup weapons and with DWGR you'll be almost untouchable.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : Croatia, Europe

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by ChillerHR on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:10 pm

    I would go like this:

    Errol Flynn

    you can swap ring 1 for what you need more...Hawk, Wolf, Artorias or even Dark Wood Grain...and still keep fast/ninja roll, and after you cast all the miracles you have to swiftly change Darkmoon Bow for Balder Side Sword...R2 has spears range, and hits like a truck if elemental...I would go for Chaos...and yes, you keep fast roll as well...

    It would be so much fun to play this toon lol...

    Hope you like it...


    _________________
    PSN ID: ChillerHR
    Skype ID: chillerhr
    PvE Lvl: 1, 50
    PvP Lvl: 55, 100, 120
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by Myztyrio on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm

    I like WyrmHero's.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by WyrmHero on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:55 pm

    Another archer type could be one that can use Gough's Bow and Composite Bow as well. You'll want 27 Str/40 Dex for max AR, which is basically a quality build that can use a variety of weapons.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by LunarFog on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:32 pm

    passivefamiliar wrote:considering your the only contestant...your winning so far!


    Timeout. Editing.

    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by LunarFog on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 pm

    Hmm...I'll put down two versions. A balanced bowman, and...my kind of bowman

    Version 1(Balanced): http://mmdks.com/wij
    Armor: The classiest armor in the game.
    Composite bow - Strongest and fastest bow at close range.
    Avelyn - Able to shoot instantly, high damage
    Winged spear - melee weapon that has long range, fast attacks, and power
    Wooden shield - a shield and a way to parry if you need one
    Wolf Ring - A little extra poise to prevent stun
    Ring of FaP - Let's you get <25% equipment weight
    Strategy: This is assuming you'll be in a lot of close-combat fights. A spear in your offhand and a crossbow/bow in your other hand ensures that you can fight effectively at all ranges. You have poise and and stamina to move at <25% so you should always be on your toes and out of reach


    Version 2(My version): http://mmdks.com/wil
    Armor: Dragon body for the ability to do a dragon roar which not only stuns people like Force, but increases your attack by 30%
    Composite bow - The strongest and fastest bow at close range
    Black Pharis bow - a strong bow with the farthest range in the game
    Gough's Bow - The strongest bow in the game with pretty amazing range
    Pyromancy flame - for casting power within
    Hawk ring - increases bow range
    Red tearstone - increases attack by 50%
    Strategy: Glass cannons work well with bowmen because they're always out of reach and quick: they're not likely to be hit. With Dragon Roar, Red tearstone active, and power within active, you have a 120% power increase, which means Gough's bow would have over 1200 AR, and can shoot from across a valley.

    The build is almost viable for closerange combat as the dragon roar acts as force and can knock back players who get too close, and the composite bow is quick enough to punish mistakes.

    avatar
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 58
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 21

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by AzureTear on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:25 pm

    LunarFog wrote:Hmm...I'll put down two versions. A balanced bowman, and...my kind of bowman

    Version 1(Balanced): http://mmdks.com/wij
    Armor: The classiest armor in the game.
    Composite bow - Strongest and fastest bow at close range.
    Avelyn - Able to shoot instantly, high damage
    Winged spear - melee weapon that has long range, fast attacks, and power
    Wooden shield - a shield and a way to parry if you need one
    Wolf Ring - A little extra poise to prevent stun
    Ring of FaP - Let's you get <25% equipment weight
    Strategy: This is assuming you'll be in a lot of close-combat fights. A spear in your offhand and a crossbow/bow in your other hand ensures that you can fight effectively at all ranges. You have poise and and stamina to move at <25% so you should always be on your toes and out of reach


    Version 2(My version): http://mmdks.com/wil
    Armor: Dragon body for the ability to do a dragon roar which not only stuns people like Force, but increases your attack by 30%
    Composite bow - The strongest and fastest bow at close range
    Black Pharis bow - a strong bow with the farthest range in the game
    Gough's Bow - The strongest bow in the game with pretty amazing range
    Pyromancy flame - for casting power within
    Hawk ring - increases bow range
    Red tearstone - increases attack by 50%
    Strategy: Glass cannons work well with bowmen because they're always out of reach and quick: they're not likely to be hit. With Dragon Roar, Red tearstone active, and power within active, you have a 120% power increase, which means Gough's bow would have over 1200 AR, and can shoot from across a valley.

    The build is almost viable for closerange combat as the dragon roar acts as force and can knock back players who get too close, and the composite bow is quick enough to punish mistakes.



    Might be just my love for hyper glass cannons, but I have fallen in love with your preferred bow build. Dragon body with Goughs bow, haha, the irony, a dragon using a dragonslayers bow. Kudos, I might use this build actually.
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by LunarFog on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 pm

    AzureTear wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:Hmm...I'll put down two versions. A balanced bowman, and...my kind of bowman

    Version 1(Balanced): http://mmdks.com/wij
    Armor: The classiest armor in the game.
    Composite bow - Strongest and fastest bow at close range.
    Avelyn - Able to shoot instantly, high damage
    Winged spear - melee weapon that has long range, fast attacks, and power
    Wooden shield - a shield and a way to parry if you need one
    Wolf Ring - A little extra poise to prevent stun
    Ring of FaP - Let's you get <25% equipment weight
    Strategy: This is assuming you'll be in a lot of close-combat fights. A spear in your offhand and a crossbow/bow in your other hand ensures that you can fight effectively at all ranges. You have poise and and stamina to move at <25% so you should always be on your toes and out of reach


    Version 2(My version): http://mmdks.com/wil
    Armor: Dragon body for the ability to do a dragon roar which not only stuns people like Force, but increases your attack by 30%
    Composite bow - The strongest and fastest bow at close range
    Black Pharis bow - a strong bow with the farthest range in the game
    Gough's Bow - The strongest bow in the game with pretty amazing range
    Pyromancy flame - for casting power within
    Hawk ring - increases bow range
    Red tearstone - increases attack by 50%
    Strategy: Glass cannons work well with bowmen because they're always out of reach and quick: they're not likely to be hit. With Dragon Roar, Red tearstone active, and power within active, you have a 120% power increase, which means Gough's bow would have over 1200 AR, and can shoot from across a valley.

    The build is almost viable for closerange combat as the dragon roar acts as force and can knock back players who get too close, and the composite bow is quick enough to punish mistakes.



    Might be just my love for hyper glass cannons, but I have fallen in love with your preferred bow build. Dragon body with Goughs bow, haha, the irony, a dragon using a dragonslayers bow. Kudos, I might use this build actually.
    I might make this build too. I've never done a pure glass cannon before. Maybe next weekend

    avatar
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 58
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 21

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by AzureTear on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 pm

    LunarFog wrote:
    AzureTear wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:Hmm...I'll put down two versions. A balanced bowman, and...my kind of bowman

    Version 1(Balanced): http://mmdks.com/wij
    Armor: The classiest armor in the game.
    Composite bow - Strongest and fastest bow at close range.
    Avelyn - Able to shoot instantly, high damage
    Winged spear - melee weapon that has long range, fast attacks, and power
    Wooden shield - a shield and a way to parry if you need one
    Wolf Ring - A little extra poise to prevent stun
    Ring of FaP - Let's you get <25% equipment weight
    Strategy: This is assuming you'll be in a lot of close-combat fights. A spear in your offhand and a crossbow/bow in your other hand ensures that you can fight effectively at all ranges. You have poise and and stamina to move at <25% so you should always be on your toes and out of reach


    Version 2(My version): http://mmdks.com/wil
    Armor: Dragon body for the ability to do a dragon roar which not only stuns people like Force, but increases your attack by 30%
    Composite bow - The strongest and fastest bow at close range
    Black Pharis bow - a strong bow with the farthest range in the game
    Gough's Bow - The strongest bow in the game with pretty amazing range
    Pyromancy flame - for casting power within
    Hawk ring - increases bow range
    Red tearstone - increases attack by 50%
    Strategy: Glass cannons work well with bowmen because they're always out of reach and quick: they're not likely to be hit. With Dragon Roar, Red tearstone active, and power within active, you have a 120% power increase, which means Gough's bow would have over 1200 AR, and can shoot from across a valley.

    The build is almost viable for closerange combat as the dragon roar acts as force and can knock back players who get too close, and the composite bow is quick enough to punish mistakes.



    Might be just my love for hyper glass cannons, but I have fallen in love with your preferred bow build. Dragon body with Goughs bow, haha, the irony, a dragon using a dragonslayers bow. Kudos, I might use this build actually.
    I might make this build too. I've never done a pure glass cannon before. Maybe next weekend

    you can make this build in a weekend? Dang takes me a while to even get a good character decked for pvp.

    Well if you do make it I want to pvp you XD, xbox?
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by LunarFog on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:10 pm

    Yep. my gamertag is Caoili.

    It takes me a full day to make a new character. I could probably make him tonight if I played til 12, but I just finished an assassin that gave me a hard time so I'm a little steamed out(trying to fight artorias with a lightning spear and default vitality and endurance is killer)

    avatar
    theznake
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 74
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-11-21
    Age : 32
    Location : Colombia

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by theznake on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm

    passivefamiliar wrote:Hmmmmm a holy archer. I like that. Might have to see what else pops up but...considering your the only contestant...your winning so far! Sadly i will be negating your weapon choices. The demon spear doesn't fit for looks. Cosmetics my friend. Cosmetics over function is my playstyle.

    What about using a Silver Knight Spear instead?


    _________________
    PSN: alejo_85
    I'm an ash
    :sign:
    avatar
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 58
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 21

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by AzureTear on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:33 pm

    Demon spear doesn't look bad at all though, rather it seems pretty cool depending on what your going for.

    Sponsored content

    Re: the lazy...bowman. me.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:52 pm