Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Which of these weapons is better?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Which of these weapons is better? Empty Which of these weapons is better?

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:03 pm

If I choose between making an Uchikatana +15 with 40 dex, or a Divine Uchi +10 with 50 faith, which one will be better?

How about a Pharis Bow +15 with 40 dex, and an Occult Pharis +5 with 50 faith (both will scale with an S for their respective stats, according to the strat guide).

Is there a calculator for me to plug in and get an answer?
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Which of these weapons is better? Empty Re: Which of these weapons is better?

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:48 pm

The dark souls wiki has it calculated for you already happy should check it out
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Uchi: bit of both! Go +15, but with Fth, so you can use Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade to buff it.

Bow: +15. I don't think you get elemental damage on your arrows when you upgrade it along an elemental path. The elemental damage will only affect backstabs (yes, you can backstab with a bow). This has been tested, I think, but I can't remember the results exactly.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:57 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Uchi: bit of both! Go +15, but with Fth, so you can use Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade to buff it.

Bow: +15. I don't think you get elemental damage on your arrows when you upgrade it along an elemental path. The elemental damage will only affect backstabs (yes, you can backstab with a bow). This has been tested, I think, but I can't remember the results exactly.

He is right, better level up a bit both stats, like 30 at both, and buff a Uchigatana +15 with Sunlight blade.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I didn't want to hazard a number for the optimum Dex vs Fth stat allocations though. You can figure it out yourself better in the Leveling Up menu at a bonfire.

If you want to perfectly optimize it, use the wiki (go to the "University" section). Find the page for the buff you want to use, and the page for the talismans mag adj. Your buff will have a multiplier (x Mag Adj = buff amount), so you can use the Mag Adj page to know exactly how much your damage would go up if you raised your Fth. When you're in the Level Up menu, you can compare the amount your damage would increase with the amount your weapon's damage would go up from stat scaling if you were to raise Dex (equip your weapon before going into the leveling menu to see this!).

Only thing is this will give you the best possible damage rating. But, since your buff gives either magical or lightning damage, and scaling will add physical damage, how much damage you actually do will always be dependent on your enemy's armor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am