Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Parry - Check; Animation - Failed

SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Parry - Check; Animation - Failed Empty Parry - Check; Animation - Failed

Post by SillentShadow Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:32 pm

I has happened quite a lot lately. Anyone has an explanation why after a successful parry my char wont do the animation but instead a regular attack?

Even with lock sometimes it fails..
    reim0027
    reim0027

Parry - Check; Animation - Failed Empty Re: Parry - Check; Animation - Failed

Post by reim0027 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Happens to me too. Sometimes, it may have to do with a hill (moonpit can have a gradual slope), being too far off to the side, or weapon swapping (which resets something according to roan).
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm

You have to carefully position yourself to do the riposte after a parry, it's a bit hard until you learn well where you have to stand. I always parry, then I move a bit to the left, then press R1. I suggest you practice parrying and riposting with a friend so you learn well where you have to stand to successfully perform the riposte.

Once you parry a guy, you have to immeadatly press R1 to riposte, but the hitbox to trigger the riposte moves, it starts right in front of your opponent, but because of lag, you often realize you parried him a bit late, so I move a bit to my left (while being very close to him) to catch the hitbox and perform the riposte.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:14 pm

After parry walk closer to your enemy and perform riposte.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 pm

I allways walk closer, never take that long thet he recovers. It was unusual to me, but lately (This week) it has been happening a lot, i guess i will try moving a bit closer and to the left.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:57 pm

I went through the same thing as I was getting used to the timing. It stops happening with time.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 pm

The Letter X wrote:I went through the same thing as I was getting used to the timing. It stops happening with time.

Stopped from happening - the trick is as said above, move diagonally foward and left. Works wonders even in PVE.....

Thanks ChizFreak!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am