Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Share
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Shkar on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 pm

    I vote Mithril. Which is black in the Dark Souls Universe.

    You know. Because.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 505
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-11-06
    Age : 27

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by lalliman on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 am

    Sloth9230 wrote:However, Kalameet is still an everlasting dragon which means he has to be made of some mineral or mineral like substance.
    Is it actually mentioned that he's an everlasting dragon? I haven't heard it, only that Gough calls him an ancient dragon, which may or may not mean the same.

    Sloth9230 wrote:and Kalameet's own association with fire.
    Which is ironic since only a small part of Kalameet's flames are fire elemental.
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:18 pm

    lalliman wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:However, Kalameet is still an everlasting dragon which means he has to be made of some mineral or mineral like substance.
    Is it actually mentioned that he's an everlasting dragon? I haven't heard it, only that Gough calls him an ancient dragon, which may or may not mean the same.

    Sloth9230 wrote:and Kalameet's own association with fire.
    Which is ironic since only a small part of Kalameet's flames are fire elemental.

    I assume that all dragons seen in the game were everlasting, or descendants. The word Ancient and Everlasting never get's used at the same time, but gaping is described as a descendant of the "everlasting" ones, while the head of the dragon covenant is described as a descendant of the "ancient" ones, despite clearly resembling the ones in the intro.

    It's possible that the "everlasting dragons" were just one group out of many, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All dragons, with the exception of Seath, have scales of immortality, hence the name "everlasting"


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 116
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Age : 25

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Orango19 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:36 pm

    Sloth had some really good points. It saddens me the fact that most of the Archives dwellers are just cancer destroying the point of lore-discussion.

    Kalameet is obviously made of Obsidian. Yeah, all the dragons are everlasting (except for Seath). The Stone Dragon just looks like the "original" dragons because he is doing the same as the original ones... nothing.

    Gaping was hungry, so he turned into a huge mouth. Kalameet was furious like a volcano, so he turned into a living firestorm.

    Going against what's pointed out right in front of our noses is not lore-hunting or positive discussion, it's just retard and trollish.

    Please, let this section of the forum stay alive and don't kill it with cancer.


    _________________
    I am better than you ♥️
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Shkar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm

    Orango19 wrote:Sloth had some really good points. It saddens me the fact that most of the Archives dwellers are just cancer destroying the point of lore-discussion.

    Kalameet is obviously made of Obsidian. Yeah, all the dragons are everlasting (except for Seath). The Stone Dragon just looks like the "original" dragons because he is doing the same as the original ones... nothing.

    Gaping was hungry, so he turned into a huge mouth. Kalameet was furious like a volcano, so he turned into a living firestorm.

    Going against what's pointed out right in front of our noses is not lore-hunting or positive discussion, it's just retard and trollish.

    Please, let this section of the forum stay alive and don't kill it with cancer.

    I've never found the evidence compelling enough to claim that the dragons were made of stone. In fact, the Dragon Tooth claims it's "harder than stone," which almost implies that they are two very separate things.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:06 pm

    They're not made of stone, they're made of minerals. Diamond, for instance, is harder than stone.

    As for the whole being made of stone thing...

    Dragon Greatsword's description:
    This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
    came from the tail of the stone dragon of
    Ash Lake, descendant of the ancient dragons.

    Its great mystical power will be unleashed
    when wielded with two hands.



    "Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales"

    The evidence presented is clearly not conclusive...


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Shkar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:31 pm

    Eh, I'd forgotten one word of the intro. Even so, having stone scales doesn't equal being made of stone, but that's not really what we were arguing, was it? Besides, as you pointed out, the intro specifically says STONE. Which, if you wanted to try to argue about Seath expanding that area, stones are minerals which are crystals.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:36 pm

    I'm not saying that their entire body is made stone, just their scales, bones, and teeth(I'd forgotten about the dragon tooth actually). There are organic parts, dragons do bleed.

    Yes, except Seath naturally exists in a state of squishyness. The Primorial is what changed him into what we see.

    And not all stones are crystals, obsidian is a volcanic glass.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

    I also never considered it, but the same might be true for the drakes and hydras.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Shkar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:I'm not saying that their entire body is made stone, just their scales, bones, and teeth(I'd forgotten about the dragon tooth actually). There are organic parts, dragons do bleed.

    Yes, except Seath naturally exists in a state of squishyness. The Primorial is what changed him into what we see.

    And not all stones are crystals, obsidian is a volcanic glass.

    "Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock.

    It is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimum crystal growth."

    Minerals ARE crystals. Obsidian is just caused by those minerals cooling rapidly enough that it doesn't have time to settle into it's standard form.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm

    Minerals are crystals, but not all crystals are minerals(Snow flakes for example). Crystal just refers to the structure of their atoms. My point is that dragons are mineral based(Miyazaki said it himself). That also happens to make them crystal based, but that's irrelevant. We have yet to see dragons made out of sugar.

    Edit: Also, I am not a geologist silly


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Shkar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:Minerals are crystals, but not all crystals are minerals(Snow flakes for example). Crystal just refers to the structure of their atoms. My point is that dragons are mineral based(Miyazaki said it himself). That also happens to make them crystal based, but that's irrelevant. We have yet to see dragons made out of sugar.

    We've yet to see dragons made out of just about anything. We've seen a total of 4, one of which had no scales at all. And Gaping didn't seem to have any kind of Mineral-y scales either; in fact, he seemed more leathery than anything.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm

    My point is that we won't see a dragon made out of sugar, it's not a mineral. It is partially made of carbon, but not everything made of carbon is a mineral.

    Well the guy lives a sewer, there should be plenty of minerals(like salt). Which one's are his scales actually made of? I have no idea. It's something I've been wondering myself.

    My guess is Bornite



    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 20
    Location : Killing the chat

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Hue on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm

    I like how it all just started about the Obsidian Greatsword not looking sharp enough, and ended up being a discussion about minerals i've never heard about, and teeth.

    PS: bornite is beautiful, i wish there was a weapon with those multicolored reflections
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:23 pm

    I actually found it while looking for those multicolored reflections, it's also called the "peacock ore". It's made up of sulfide, iron, and copper. All of those should be somewhat common in, well , y'know where... :dung:


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 20
    Location : Killing the chat

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Hue on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:I actually found it while looking for those multicolored reflections, it's also called the "peacock ore". It's made up of sulfide, iron, and copper. All of those should be somewhat common in, well , y'know where... :dung:

    Damn....now i'm going to think about it every time
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm

    lol relax, I'm sure no one is pooping out rainbow rocks silly


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Shkar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm

    Wouldn't it make more sense for dragons to be made of only one type of mineral, not a composite? They are basically the "ultimate" species after all.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm

    Shkar wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense for dragons to be made of only one type of mineral, not a composite? They are basically the "ultimate" species after all.

    Bornite is it's own mineral, it's a composition of elements.

    However, that actually made me doubt Kalameet and the whole obsidian connection. Obsidian contains different minerals, and lacks the crystalline structure. It's a mineraloid, not a mineral. Mineraloids are technically "mineral based". So yeah, I don't know.


    Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Shkar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense for dragons to be made of only one type of mineral, not a composite? They are basically the "ultimate" species after all.

    Bornite is it's own mineral, it's a composition of elements.

    However, that actually made me doubt Kalameet and the whole obsidian connection. Obsidian is made up of different minerals, and lacks the crystalline structure. It's a mineraloid, not a mineral. Mineraloids are technically "mineral based". So yeah, I don't know.

    Ah, the way you described Bornite I thought of it as a mixture of those elements, not a compound.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 979
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-10-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Between the Dark and Light

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Acarnatia on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

    I think the creators at From just thought that Obsidian was close enough and cool enough that they just used as a rock type. I think they weren't that particular about the game's geology.


    _________________
    I am him who seeks himself;
    Fallen Heaven's malice was I born to bear.
    A phantom-ghost treading upon the mists of Heaven,
    Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

    PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 pm

    Acarnatia wrote:I think the creators at From just thought that Obsidian was close enough and cool enough that they just used as a rock type. I think they weren't that particular about the game's geology.

    Pretty much.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

    Geologically, obsidian is made from rock (stone). So kalameet may be similar to a Phoenix. Perhaps he's the result of what happens when a dragon survives the fires woven by witches. His scales weren't peeled back (he's good at dodging )so the other lords only were able to change him. Also, the first thing that popped in my head seeing the name was "calamity" which creeps up again doesn't it. Did he survive

    A calamity?

    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

    skarekrow13 wrote:Geologically, obsidian is made from rock (stone). So kalameet may be similar to a Phoenix. Perhaps he's the result of what happens when a dragon survives the fires woven by witches. His scales weren't peeled back (he's good at dodging )so the other lords only were able to change him. Also, the first thing that popped in my head seeing the name was "calamity" which creeps up again doesn't it. Did he survive

    A calamity?

    Behold! The birth of Kalameet!

    Spoiler:


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm

    He survived the sunlight spears.

    He mastered the miasma.

    He conquered the chaos flames.

    Then along came that ****ing apple


    Sponsored content

    Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 am