Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ublug
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ZikoLogiKa NL
7 posters

Sif instantly died

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Sif instantly died  Empty Sif instantly died

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Since I own the prepare to die edition for Xbox, something really weird has now happened twice during the Sif boss fight.

Im not sure if I had allready killed Manus, but I freed the young Sif in the Chasm of the Abyss which triggers the new cutscene. Now as soon as the cutscene ended , Sif instantly died ! Died , without anyone ever laying so much as a dried finger on him. What the hell ? Both times I had one phantom by my side and they didn't understand what was going on either.

I have no idea , but maybe it occurs when you bring a phantom who doesn't own the expansion ? or because I freed Sif but maybe didn't kill Manus on those characters ?

Has anyone ever experienced the exact same thing? :cyclops:

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Sif instantly died  Empty Re: Sif instantly died

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 pm

What do you mean "both times?"

Did the game not register Sif's death?
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 pm

I mean that it happened on two different characters. As soon as the cutscene ends , Sif is allready vanishing with a fully depleted healthbar , netting me his soul and the ring instantly. :|
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 am

If your summon skips the cutscene they can fight sif while you watch your cutscene, sif will also be standing still until you start fighting.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 am

ublug wrote:If your summon skips the cutscene they can fight sif while you watch your cutscene, sif will also be standing still until you start fighting.
    I thought that all players must press Start to skip the cutscene, or they all watch it.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 am

Sentiel wrote:
    ublug wrote:If your summon skips the cutscene they can fight sif while you watch your cutscene, sif will also be standing still until you start fighting.
    I thought that all players must press Start to skip the cutscene, or they all watch it.

It's different with Sif for some reason.

He said his summons were confused as well, and I don't think the cutscene is a long enough time to kill Sif.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

It's different with Sif for some reason.

He said his summons were confused as well, and I don't think the cutscene is a long enough time to kill Sif.
    I can't really imagine it...
    I was summoned for Sif only a few times (you know how the Forest is), but the cutscene got never skipped for me, even if I pressed Start. maybe it got changed with one of the patches, but I doubt it.

Anyway, it depends on if Sif can move freely, like the phantoms who skipped the cutscene. Still, it is possible to kill him in matter of sconds if you have Sorceries, or just go hyper mode. The new Cutscene is actually longer than the normal one, so I belive it is possible to kill Sif in that cutscene, given it's length, but that wouldn't explain why host's phantoms were also confused by Sif's death.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am

Did the phantoms specifically state they were confused by Sif poofing into thin air? If they just shrugged or something, maybe they were confused because they pressed start and Sif and the host were just stood there doing nothing whilst they whupped Sif...
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:50 pm

If you don't summon anyone , each bossfight intro scene can be easily skipped by pressing start ,

But , when I summon one or two phantoms , I can't always just press start to skip. With summons , I usually have to keep mashing start , but then only half of the times the scene can be skipped somewhere mid-scene. with O&S and Sif for instance , I can't even always get to skip them if I try it with a phantom by my side.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm

wow I didn't know this thanks. Can summons also skip their share of the cutscene at other bosses then Sif ? Or is this just an exception with Sif's secondary cutscene ?

Damn the phantom messaged me '' wtf , I was freaked out aswell'' but I don't know if he saw Sif vanishing into thin air , or killed Sif while he/she stood there while not moving. I sent him another message but he didn't reply to it anymore.

The first time it happened I didn't even message the phantom cause I expected him to be there for ganking. Because of that I even thought for a split second that he could've pulled out a modded weapon which 1hit KO'd Sif. LOL
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:wow I didn't know this thanks. Can summons also skip their share of the cutscene at other bosses then Sif ? Or is this just an exception with Sif's secondary cutscene ?
    I think it's a sif only occurance because of the new cutscene. It was posted in some thread a while back.
    Also, all players must hit start to skip a cutscene when you have phantoms with you.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Or maybe the Phantom used a Trainer to bring Sifs health down to One and kill him while this Cutscene thing occured .
    Could also be the reason why he did not reply . Nobodys going to say "Yeh ah cheated ." .

Its pretty lame that Trainers work in Multiplayer .
    I dont even want to Co-op anymore since so many Phantoms have infinity everything so that theres no Chalenge anymore :|
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:08 pm

ublug wrote:
    ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:wow I didn't know this thanks. Can summons also skip their share of the cutscene at other bosses then Sif ? Or is this just an exception with Sif's secondary cutscene ?
    I think it's a sif only occurance because of the new cutscene. It was posted in some thread a while back.
    Also, all players must hit start to skip a cutscene when you have phantoms with you.

sweet , I missed out on that , thanks again !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am