Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Hydreigon11
Onion Knight
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
Isirith
barrywilkins
bunnywink
Serious_Much
psychichobo
VaDoom
Sentiel
sure-magicians
steveswede
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
notfalstaff
Flankydizzle
reim0027
Marino.
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
Animaaal
LunarFog
Oh_the_Humanity
Ashran
The Letter X
CappuccinoJak
defacto
Sloth9230
34 posters

People who join the forum just to ask for items

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

People who join the forum just to ask for items - Page 2 Empty Re: People who join the forum just to ask for items

Post by Tolvo Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 am

I suppose I should explain, whenever I get an upvote my dealer dishes me some cloverflow, whenever I get a downvote he rips out some of my hair. As you can see, I actually don't act helpful to genuinely provide for the community, I just have a really bad drug problem. I'd go to rehab, but frankly posting on an internet forum is a lot easier than facing my demons.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

People who join the forum just to ask for items - Page 2 Empty Re: People who join the forum just to ask for items

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 am

Tolvo wrote:I suppose I should explain, whenever I get an upvote my dealer dishes me some cloverflow, whenever I get a downvote he rips out some of my hair. As you can see, I actually don't act helpful to genuinely provide for the community, I just have a really bad drug problem. I'd go to rehab, but frankly posting on an internet forum is a lot easier than facing my demons.

Fine here's my last vote. Man you need rehab the numbers are filling your mind!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 am

Hmmm...this is getting interesting.

I do not believe its okay for someone to join a gaming forum just to ask for things, with one exception...they're nice about it.

I guess when I said I'd be leary of giving things to people I'm unfamiliar with, I meant people that dont use words like; please, appreciate, thnx, etc.

I dont think this forum has become the best English speaking Dark Souls forum around because of the trading section, or other sections like it alone (I know thats not exactly what anyone is saying).

Its from people like Tolvo and WhatDoesThePendantDo?(amongst many others I'm sure) who are instinctavely logical, naturally charitable and kind, constantly giving back to the forum.

There's plenty of forums full of people just as smart as the "elite" in this forum, but few forums where the charity and kindness shine through. Web iz wude!

I'm new here, seasoned, but new, and you guys know what my 1st impression was?

"I can go there and not get f@cked with. Why didn't see this forum before?!?!".

Ya me fresh out too sad
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

Now I'm just wondering what the hell "cloverflow" is 😕

Eit: No people! He was only supposed to get one! Now his ego's going to get all inflated aagain Prostration

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:16 am

Huh turns out I can still rep. On topic if your going to join just to ask for free items don't bother. There are people out there who will help you just as some people here can. If I can replace it with ease sure I'll give it for free. I don't know about some of you but when I charge people for items I take souls depending on what it is.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 am

So what ?

Let them join the Forum and let them demand things .
    I won't thats for sure.
    I can get everything i need myself. Except for that fukken Obsidian Sword.
    Thats always a pain in the manus to get
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 am

This is one of the friendliest forums around I'd have to say, which is a big factor. Some places like to turn people away, and while we may have our cliques and groups, we accept all people.

Hell, I hate gankers, but if one joins the forum I won't turn them away, and neither should you. Even if I hate their in game practices. It's a forum for everyone, who follows the rules.

And Animaal, flattery will only get you so far. Remember, I only get the Flow if I receive the upvote!

Now we should stop that before Circle of Jerks Tolvo becomes the norm.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 am

Okay Tolvo what is "cloverflow"?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 am

It's a made up drug from a film I was in.

EDIT: Oh my god, the Captain is gone! Well, I better take his wheel, oh god, look at the size of that off topic. Aaaahhhh! We hit it, and we hit it hard. We're taking on comedy, oh look, just over there, on topic! It's on topic! Let me just steer this thing in that direction, maybe we'll make it in time before the comedy overtakes us, and we get lost in a locked thread.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

The ones that won't get my help are the ones that write, "need help on 4 kings NG+ SL 41 will be in new londo in 20 minutes - get there!" and those that write, "want channeler's trident for knight's honor trophy am offering 5 humanity in return."

I love when they offer chunks. Yeah bro, I spent an hour trying to get that trident and you think I want 10 chunks? I'd give it to them for free, but don't insult me by offering something that you can get in less than 10 minutes.

I'm not saying I don't want them on the forums, I'm just saying I don't feel particularly inclined to give in to their demands if all they've done so far is ask for things.

lol, things always get off-topic when I'm around...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 am

I really want to see where this goes Tolvo but I'll be drailing the thread.

Okay what do you guys normally take in return for the items people ask for? Is it one thing or do you want something specific?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 am

I usually don't take anything. I suppose I don't do much trading, I more so just give people things.

I usually only trade for when I want something, in which case I'll usually give a slab. Since I never use slabs, and the only time I need something is if I need to keep an NPC alive. Such as keeping Gough alive while needing his armor, so a slab or two for Gough's set usually is a fair trade to people.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 am

If they offer anything in the thread and it interests me then I'll take it, I don't like asking for things in return though. I have spares and I'm not going to use them, so why not give them to someone else? But I don't expect something in return for my "spares".

I'm pretty sure all of my "thanks received" come from trades actually...
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:34 am

I take nothing for my trades. It feels better that way.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 am

It doesn't need even need to be anything. Just address me as an equal. Put in your request, and we'll discuss the terms in the thread, over PM, or in-game. Just don't come to me asking for help and tell me that the deal is going to be desired item for Core of an Iron Golem or something.

It's like Sloth said, it's "insulting."
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:38 am

Tolvo wrote:...And Animaal, flattery will only get you so far...

I didn't say it to flatter. Facts do not equal compliments. You should pick up a dictionary sometime. Ah what the he|| am I talking about, you prolly cant comprehend on a rational level anyway...

...this should clear things up.

Covenant - The Circle of Jerks

@Tolvo. What about giving shameless bumbs and advertisement for your threads??? I does good?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 am

Good.

If someone asks for something I consider it neutral, please would be great. Thanks is expected, since you are giving them something unless it is an equal trade in which case they technically just have to have the trade end.

Now, if I get summoned into a world and the guy says "Give me any rare weapons you have." Not from the forum, not a set up trade, I was doing random co-op and that is messaged to me, I'll black crystal out. Then pull out a cracked orb, and try to invade and kill them.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:05 am

I do tend ignore people who want DLC items though. Aside from the Oolacile Catalyst the Obsidian greatsword, none of the items are particularly hard to get. If they just don't want to buy the dlc then I they don't get the items on it, it's that simple.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 am

Nothing wrong with joining to ask for items. Who knows, maybe they'll like it here and stick around?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 am

It's the ones that don't stick around that make me feel like a tool. But like I said, I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 am

It's all circumstantial.
    Depends on a lot of factors like, is he/she an invader or am I co-op'ing?
    Did he/she have a good reason? Did he/she ask nicely? Does he have 420 in his Gamertag? What are they asking for and if there really low level?
    Don't want to give a SL6 a Great Club +15 or anything.
    Then there's factors within factors. Its not like I don't give invaders things ever. its just depends.
    I like to think I'm a nice guy big grin

Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:34 am

I guess the key word here is 'trade'.

If it's just donations then I agree with OP.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 am

Flankydizzle wrote:I guess the key word here is 'trade'.

If it's just donations then I agree with OP.

lol yeah, I was referring to donations. I remember I asked for slab donations once, all these jerks ignored me silly
    notfalstaff
    notfalstaff

Post by notfalstaff Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 am

As someone who joined quite recently and has been mostly active on the trade forum, I just thought I'd put in my two cents:

I started my posting career on the trade forum because it was, for me, one of the more accessible ways of actually meeting people in-game. I've found it difficult to connect with a base of friends in Dark Souls (mostly because of how random the multi-player is designed to be), and trading has allowed me to make a couple connections on the forum. They've helped me out, and I always try to help them in return, or pass along the goodwill to someone else who needs it. In some ways, I find it an easier entry point than the general or pvp forums because there are so many posters who know much more about the game, its mechanics, and its tactics than I do. I tend to lurk constantly on threads in those forums, but don't tend to post because I don't feel I have much to add. On the trade & help forum, I can participate and bring something useful to the table. And I hope in time I'll have more to contribute to the larger community as well.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 am

notfalstaff wrote:As someone who joined quite recently and has been mostly active on the trade forum, I just thought I'd put in my two cents:

I started my posting career on the trade forum because it was, for me, one of the more accessible ways of actually meeting people in-game. I've found it difficult to connect with a base of friends in Dark Souls (mostly because of how random the multi-player is designed to be), and trading has allowed me to make a couple connections on the forum. They've helped me out, and I always try to help them in return, or pass along the goodwill to someone else who needs it.

I know, you were very helpful when I need help me transfering my items Bow but there's also people who do nothing but ask for stuff. I don't mind them, but if my options are to hand over a slab to them, a pvp'er, or a someone who's new to the game but has actually done things besides ask for items, then the latter get priority.

notfalstaff wrote:In some ways, I find it an easier entry point than the general or pvp forums because there are so many posters who know much more about the game, its mechanics, and its tactics than I do. I tend to lurk constantly on threads in those forums, but don't tend to post because I don't feel I have much to add. On the trade & help forum, I can participate and bring something useful to the table. And I hope in time I'll have more to contribute to the larger community as well.

I used to feel like that too, hell I still do, it's why it took me so long to make an account silly Someone usually corrects me if I say if I'm wrong, or misinformed, though. Which is good, I wouldn't want to go around spreading or believing incorrect information.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 am