Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+78
Bassman Bob
Hawkins172
SunBroYo
AnoBakaDesu
Thor_Odinson
Kirk-Barb
Aigaios
Soul of Stray Demon
Jester's Tears
Samurainova
Dibsville
Akuro
AnCapaillMor
DrMechano
swordiris
TheMeInTeam
twigsterxd
LagStab
Kyuseishu
HereticForLife
chantienyee
Tanklord
SunlightCrusader
Satoshi
Latitoast
Elifia
Slarg232
User1
Wilkinson3424
Halicarnassis
crbngville2
Gambs_the_Grey
Relbaic
ResIsBestStat
Quarik
hey its andres
Automancer
KrazykevS10
messremb
Tchuwib
Poozila
Evilbeavers
lalliman
WaLKA
KingSeekerCow
IIdoneus
Demon Slayer
Tolvo
Mr. Tart
GenericUsername
EeAyEss
befowler
Tomhet
Ghadis_God
Flankydizzle
Nybbles
Carphil
Sentiel
BagerX2
CappuccinoJak
Juutas
Animaaal
barrywilkins
reim0027
drmuto
LunarFog
The Letter X
BLA1NE
tinypantha
WandererReece
Soris Ice Goldwing
Forum Pirate
GodOfPaperclips
Phoenix Rising
Jodecho
FlorisFreakshow
BeeSeaEss
Emergence
82 posters

Hate Mail You Have Recieved

Poll

What is the number one cause of hatemail for YOU?

[ 48 ]
    Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [28%] 
    [ 18 ]
    Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 40 ]
    Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 66 ]
    Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [38%] 

Total Votes: 172
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 Empty Re: Hate Mail You Have Recieved

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 am

one guy callled my "***" (his actual spelling) top notch after making him kill quelana lol.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

I get mail from wannabe gankers who stay in human form and wait for invasions that I kill. Apparently MLGS, crystal homing souls mass, great combustion, Grass Crest Shield, medium armor, Velkas rapier, and everything else I use is "***". I also get mail from the people I troll, but I deserve that mail, kicking players into pendulums in sens, spinning the rotating elevator in anor londo, bow sniping by the silver knight snipers, blocking doors with shields... yeah I deserve those mails and will reply back saying as much.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 am

I've stopped getting hate mails some time ago. 😢
    I haven't got one for like...two weeks! :shock:

Well, I don't play as much as I used to. Dark Souls is kinda letting me go I guess...
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 am

You know, I've noticed that people tend to only send a gg message if they win. Whether it was a good game or not. On guy told me good game once when he won, and I said good game back because we had a good match. And then we had three other good matched but he lost. They were even better than the first but no Good game messages. And when I sent them he never replied, and in one feply he even said " You know, blocking with a shortsword is also considered turtling, you shouldn't block all the time and just wait for openings to attack" basically he was saying let your guard down so I can hit you :S. It also seems to be a reoccuring trend with many twitch livestreamers and youtubers. Albeit some of them are REALLY cool. People but I'm sure we all know who isn't without pointing fingers happy
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 am

Samurainova wrote:You know, I've noticed that people tend to only send a gg message if they win. Whether it was a good game or not. On guy told me good game once when he won, and I said good game back because we had a good match. And then we had three other good matched but he lost. They were even better than the first but no Good game messages. And when I sent them he never replied, and in one feply he even said " You know, blocking with a shortsword is also considered turtling, you shouldn't block all the time and just wait for openings to attack" basically he was saying let your guard down so I can hit you :S. It also seems to be a reoccuring trend with many twitch livestreamers and youtubers. Albeit some of them are REALLY cool. People but I'm sure we all know who isn't without pointing fingers happy

I actually get more gg messages when I win. I can't remember the last time I got a gg message when I lost to be honest. This might be due to me using weapons like claws and the like when fighting randoms, though.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 am

The best I got, they called me an "overpowered fa**** for using a chaos weapon in Anor Londo. Then the sunbros sent me email saying "dont invade, dont invade you piece of :dung: " I don't remember if I invaded them again but it was awesome
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:You know, I've noticed that people tend to only send a gg message if they win. Whether it was a good game or not. On guy told me good game once when he won, and I said good game back because we had a good match. And then we had three other good matched but he lost. They were even better than the first but no Good game messages. And when I sent them he never replied, and in one feply he even said " You know, blocking with a shortsword is also considered turtling, you shouldn't block all the time and just wait for openings to attack" basically he was saying let your guard down so I can hit you :S. It also seems to be a reoccuring trend with many twitch livestreamers and youtubers. Albeit some of them are REALLY cool. People but I'm sure we all know who isn't without pointing fingers happy

I actually get more gg messages when I win. I can't remember the last time I got a gg message when I lost to be honest. This might be due to me using weapons like claws and the like when fighting randoms, though.

Good for you bro! I guess you fight less sore losers than I do happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 am

Samurainova wrote:" You know, blocking with a shortsword is also considered turtling, you shouldn't block all the time and just wait for openings to attack"
    Look Skyward

How can someone call blocking with a weapon turtling? Just go and spam R1 on him then. No matter the weapon, it's Stability won't be able to handle it.

Samurainova wrote:basically he was saying let your guard down so I can hit you :S.
    That's what people will tell you when they lose.

I do the same tbh. tongue
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:15 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:basically he was saying let your guard down so I can hit you :S.

Lol well they can let their guard down but I think ill keep mine up to avoid gettiong killed. Thank you very much ^^
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 am

Samurainova wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Lol well they can let their guard down but I think ill keep mine up to avoid gettiong killed. Thank you very much ^^
    Exactly. They're just sore, ignore that and keep playing how you like it. winking
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 am

I've only got one hatemail the whole time I played this game, and I've played for a while.

It was a three step proccess:

1) Got killed by the red I summoned in a fair 1v1.

2) Killed the same guy in another fair 1v1.

3) Same as step 2.

The guy replied, "Your lagging bro." (BTW I don't have high speed internet.)

Actually I'm a little surprised. A couple times I did some stuff that was hatemail worthy, but never got hatemail before.

Once I bloody murdered a guy in 5 sec. I didn't bow. I just equiped the shotel, cast SLB, and charged. Maybe I should try TWoP next time.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 am

this one time i ran into a someone wearing full havel's, greatshield of artorias and greatsword of artorias. i was level 90 wearing the witch set and using the moonlight butterhorn and moonlight sword with the dark hand.

i invaded this person in anor londo and caught up with them just as they were about to cross the boss fog door. so i backstabbed them in the middle of their crossing and then lloyded them for good measure. he danced around me and the giant sentinel that was still alive. then tried to go through the fog again. so i backstabbed and lloyded them again. i did this a few more times until he finally died (i got 300 and some odd thousand souls, yay me). i was howling with laughter at their misfortune and i thought i was going to get some fan mail for sure. sadly i got nothing.

i send "well played" messages after losing to a good player, never had any from the other player (win or lose) in return. i told someone to not be such a douche for spawn ganking me after they summoned me through my dragon eye and they called me an ignorant retard in return. otherwise, i have never received any hate mail and not for a lack of trying either.

the only messages i get are from hosts who either want me to follow them into the next area after beating a boss or they beg for free handouts. i send trade requests, but i never ask for handouts. i had this one player invade me then run off and hide only to keep sending me "umadbro" messages and i told him i was going to go make myself a sandwich while i waited.

and that's all the messages i've ever gotten since i started playing this game on its release. i must be doing something wrong.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 pm

Nybbles wrote:...and that's all the messages i've ever gotten since i started playing this game on its release. i must be doing something wrong.

That's why I don't understand people. I jump a guy and kill him before he has time to react, and I don't get hatemail.

You do the same thing and use the enemies to your advantage, and don't get hatemail.

EeAyEss plays fair, and he gets hatemail for wearing the orange chared ring!

Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 3596227959

I have to try TWoP next time. I think it would get hatemail, but I something tells me it won't. Maybe I should wear the DWGR? lol!
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:52 pm

I think people are so used to WOTG spams and twop that they just don't hate on it. It kind of marks you as a newbie. Family masks and giants armor also marks you as a newbie, a baby with a bottle if you will.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Exactly. They're just sore, ignore that and keep playing how you like it. winking

You sir, are a man of wisdom and honesty! I shall grant you a thanks on my post, as well a +3 to your rep happy
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Samurainova wrote:I think people are so used to WOTG spams and twop that they just don't hate on it. It kind of marks you as a newbie. Family masks and giants armor also marks you as a newbie, a baby with a bottle if you will.

I'm offended. I use the child mask all the time, and I can beat people without using spells. Although I do wear chainmail instead of giants.

Also, I found this in another thread.

sunbro wrote:Yesterday I was minding my own buissness walking all ALONE in the forrest with my starter gear balder set +6 and a raw claymore +5, gathering the eastern set pharisbow etc. Got invaded oh crap I'm human......beat the blue spirit barely alive chuck some estus and I tought get out of the forrest ASAP, and again an other invade..........defeted the same blue again and again barely alive. On my way back with my enchanted ember BAM same blue this time I lost and got a PM from him saying beat you you dirty ganker...........that made me laugh

I tought it was funny being called a ganker while I was alone.....oh well....me, myself and I uhm that 3 so yeah I was ganking
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Nybbles wrote:this one time i ran into a someone wearing full havel's, greatshield of artorias and greatsword of artorias. i was level 90 wearing the witch set and using the moonlight butterhorn and moonlight sword with the dark hand.

i invaded this person in anor londo and caught up with them just as they were about to cross the boss fog door. so i backstabbed them in the middle of their crossing and then lloyded them for good measure. he danced around me and the giant sentinel that was still alive. then tried to go through the fog again. so i backstabbed and lloyded them again. i did this a few more times until he finally died (i got 300 and some odd thousand souls, yay me). i was howling with laughter at their misfortune and i thought i was going to get some fan mail for sure. sadly i got nothing.

i send "well played" messages after losing to a good player, never had any from the other player (win or lose) in return. i told someone to not be such a douche for spawn ganking me after they summoned me through my dragon eye and they called me an ignorant retard in return. otherwise, i have never received any hate mail and not for a lack of trying either.

the only messages i get are from hosts who either want me to follow them into the next area after beating a boss or they beg for free handouts. i send trade requests, but i never ask for handouts. i had this one player invade me then run off and hide only to keep sending me "umadbro" messages and i told him i was going to go make myself a sandwich while i waited.

and that's all the messages i've ever gotten since i started playing this game on its release. i must be doing something wrong.

I find the dark souls community very...dreadful. We dark souls players are very few and far between, atleast whenn compared to that of call of duty, halo etc. You'd think as the few who showed perseverance and courage to be able to surpass the challenges of uncertainty to reach the end of Dark Souls, that we would converse and communicate in mutualistic harmony. But instead, much of our efforts are used bickoring and nitpicking one another with an endless flurry of philosopphical debate and hatred. People as a dark souls community as a whole should stand united and together, not plunge one another into dismay with childish immaturity. Dark Souls players need to spend more efforts understanding one another and communicating rather than argueing. Believe it or not, the vast majority of my friends were met based on arguement. But the small change in inviting one to private chat proved that players could find an understanding and agree, and be friends for generations to come. I feel, that if one, just one person can be the bigger person and cast aside all feelings of bias and self indulged pride that that person has the power to unite a number of players together in harmonious cooperation. To all of such people that exist, you have my most utter respect happy
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Samurainova wrote:snip

that sounds like some real sunbro stuff right there. i don't hate on people when i die, everything is allowed. i view it like a fighting game, if you constantly whine or say X is unfair/cheap then you're gonna be limiting your fun. if i keep throwing fireballs and you don't dodge 'em, why should i stop?
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:snip

that sounds like some real sunbro stuff right there. i don't hate on people when i die, everything is allowed. i view it like a fighting game, if you constantly whine or say X is unfair/cheap then you're gonna be limiting your fun. if i keep throwing fireballs and you don't dodge 'em, why should i stop?

Funny you should say that because im actually a forest hunter ^^
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 pm

despite my love of solaire, i'm a gravebro
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm an evil WoG/dwgr spammer and haven't received any hatemail yet. Everyone I message/get messaged by seems friendly and have dropped me some awesome stuff and become friends on GFWL, mind you I'm only playing on PC at the moment and haven't been PvPing for very long.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:04 am

Samurainova wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

You sir, are a man of wisdom and honesty! I shall grant you a thanks on my post, as well a +3 to your rep happy
    Joy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Someone just said I was being **** by fighting naked. Is that true?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Samurainova wrote:. Dark Souls players need to spend more efforts understanding one another and communicating rather than argueing

Where have I heard that before? Sadly, it won't happen until the world ends.
    Samurainova wrote:Someone just said I was being **** by fighting naked. Is that true?

What do you think? Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 2707236321

Unless you were a woman and using your good looks to your advantage, you were not being a ****. lol!
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:53 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:. Dark Souls players need to spend more efforts understanding one another and communicating rather than argueing

Where have I heard that before? Sadly, it won't happen until the world ends.
    Samurainova wrote:Someone just said I was being **** by fighting naked. Is that true?

What do you think? Hate Mail You Have Recieved - Page 2 2707236321

Unless you were a woman and using your good looks to your advantage, you were not being a ****. lol!

The word was ****, and it was legit dude fighting naked shows a lot of confidance, thanks for your inout though I appfreciate it happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am