Hate Mail You Have Recieved

Poll

What is the number one cause of hatemail for YOU?

[ 48 ]
    28% [28%] 
    [ 18 ]
    10% [10%] 
    [ 40 ]
    23% [23%] 
    [ 66 ]
    38% [38%] 

Total Votes: 172
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Hate Mail You Have Recieved

Post by KrazykevS10 on Sun May 19, 2013 3:58 am

I was going to make a joke of dead angling but I have seen something that makes me want to hatemail.Dead angling vertical swings,this one guy kept dead angling me with an ultra greatsword,I think it was the Dragon one.I think he did a running attack,I'm not sure but it kept flattening me without even touching my stamina bar with my shield up.The only way to do it with a vertical attack is with the backswing and that wasn't it.

Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Sun May 26, 2013 12:27 am

I was called a D*ckwraith today for killing some magic spammers with my black knight sword.They invited me to private chat to try and yell at me,wasn't falling for it.That was my first invasion on a new build too.

Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Sun May 26, 2013 2:01 am

I would have accepted and recorded it just for fun. lol

SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader on Sun May 26, 2013 11:36 am

I get hatemail for two things.... DMB and WoG. I have two Darkmoon toons and each one has both of these attuned. DMB is attuned for obvious reasons. It gets hate for being a buff and being a very strong buff at that. People hate on me for using WoG but I neither rely on it or spam it. I use it defensively to counter bs fishing, counter ganks, get that last bit of damage off in a close match, etc. I don't abuse either one as much as I quite easily could. In fact I took pains to make sure my builds did not abuse them. Yet I still get hatemail. My answer: scrubs being scrubs. Some people just want to find any reason to make themselves feel better about losing and jumping on the "that's op" train is the perfect way out.

Covenants:
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Sun May 26, 2013 12:25 pm

People these days :s does anyone else think multiplayer on the Xbox is kind of dead? :/

KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Sun May 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Samurainova wrote:People these days :s does anyone else think multiplayer on the Xbox is kind of dead? :/
    Absolutely.People only play the bigger games,game chat goes unused and hate mail is common.If you've been on Live for a few years,you'll know how far it's gone downhill.

Hollowed

Post by Quarik on Sun May 26, 2013 3:23 pm

It's pretty dead on PC as well, at least for me. What's up on PS3?

Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Mon May 27, 2013 12:09 pm

I heard it was pretty good on ps3. Here's what I think the problem is, anyone new to the game either gets owned by the hackers, or owned by the veterans. And god forbid you do anything to piss off some of these veterans or else you'll be getting hate mail. So why even bother right? Multiplayer has just gone so downhill for anyone new that players are better off playing another game. Lets face it, we jut are not the friendliest crowd o people :/

hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres on Mon May 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Really? The veterans I know of are the ones who have the most fun. We're the ones who see that the person sucks so we Channeler Trident around them lol! The tryhards are the ones you have to look out for. I don't even know where these people come from, but they need to win and are the min/max losers of the game.

Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord on Mon May 27, 2013 4:44 pm

I just had mail from some idiot who thought that I was a modder who needs to use lag to win. This is because I invaded him as a Darkmoon in the Burg and I used TWOP to immobilise and Zwei him to death. The fact that I had a set of +10 Elite Cleric Armor (given to me as a gift:) ) probably had him thinking that I was a modder. I NEVER mod, anyway I haven't a clue how to
    Anyway, it may have been a cheap win but what the hell? I've had people using cheap tactics to beat me lots of times and I never moan. I told him this but he then says "excuses from a sad player"
    I told him, "Sad? You're the only one who's moaning here? He goes "Whatever little girl, at least I don't mod to win. I then says "You're the one who has a little girl for his avatar (which he does). He didn't get back to me after that

ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat on Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Ok so there was this dude in the forest, i bowed because i was celebrating towel day, and he tried to bs me with his really slow dragon kin greataxe
    I quickly stunned him with my gold tracer and backstabbed him with my silver tracer for 1337 damage! Suddenly i get hate mail from him saying that silver tracer is OP and **** like that, i then send him the message: "at least you could bow..." he then says: "Dude it's forest, no-one bows." and i answer: "I bowed first, it doesn't matter where i did, you are scum, only that." That shut him up
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres on Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 pm

I hate when people rush you before you're not ready, but as an invader, especially in the forest, you really do have to ready for anything. ANYTHING

Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Mon May 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Yeah bro I mean I've been called an idiot for bowing in the forests lol but I do it anyway, makes you unique and shows you haven't been corrupted by the forest. But, I agree, in the forest you must be prepared to get your hands dirty at any given time.

hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres on Mon May 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Shoot when people play dirty I pull out everything and then do this Well What is it

That normally gives me hatemail....well that AND playing fairly and killing people easily.

chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee on Tue May 28, 2013 2:38 am

Not really hate mail, but I was cooping in the Painted World, doing a walkthrough for hosts, showing them every item. The host died and messaged me: "Put it down b****!" It just seemed pretty rude, so I went and cooped somewhere else. Then a few minutes later he wrote another, something like, "Can you please put your sign down?" Haha. I think I killed some invaders for that one too.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres on Tue May 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Yeah, that's not really hatemail per se; that's just people being rude. not talking

Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord on Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Last night in the Township was the worst yet, I was called a "cheap c**t" and a "spam f*g" for smashing two guys to death with my Zwei. There really is some complete twats out there

KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Tanklord wrote:Last night in the Township was the worst yet, I was called a "cheap c**t" and a "spam f*g" for smashing two guys to death with my Zwei. There really is some complete twats out there
    If that was both in one fight,they have no right to even be slightly annoyed.Even if not,it's not like the zweihander is overpowered.I'm beginning to think hatemail is sent from anger at themselves sucking rather than what you do.

Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Wed May 29, 2013 6:30 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:
    Tanklord wrote:Last night in the Township was the worst yet, I was called a "cheap c**t" and a "spam f*g" for smashing two guys to death with my Zwei. There really is some complete twats out there
    If that was both in one fight,they have no right to even be slightly annoyed.Even if not,it's not like the zweihander is overpowered.I'm beginning to think hatemail is sent from anger at themselves sucking rather than what you do.

No no no, you just don't get how they think. It's something along the lines of this:

'I am awesome, so if you manage to beat me you must be a cheap cheating ****'

KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:48 pm

1+,I think you hit the nail on the head there.What I've never understood is why they actually confront you about a GAME.I actually had one guy call me an immature little kid despite what he was doing.I didn't mail him either.Clearly keeping your mouth shut is immature while sending hate messages is the adult thing to do.
    If I'm mad,I bad review the player and/or yell at my TV.I don't sit there and try to make them listen to me whine,it's my problem if I get mad at a game.

Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Thu May 30, 2013 9:23 am

Ellefiat that was perfect...lol so many have their own interpretation of how souls should be played, that's the big issue. I think if their we're to be SOME set of guidelines, disagree as we all may, it would alleviate some of the hate.

HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:44 am

Was running around on my SL1 Darkwraith in the Undead Burg a couple weeks back (so yeah, I voted B up top devil ) and decided to invade. Showed up in the church, and decided to hide and wait for host to show up. And he does, shortly thereafter, with two phantoms. A few Great Combustions later and they're all dead, upon which the first phantom to die says he'll report me for hacking... Fun times!

Casual

Post by Kyuseishu on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 am

most recent was : hahahahaha F***ing P***y gankers, Thought it would make a good band name. The Pu$$y Gankers.
    Although my favorite hate mail has been. You've been reported I and I'm going to get you banned. I have powerful friends at Microsoft. (Its been 2 years )

Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:30 am

I always send good game but I will occasionally get

"Good lag stab"
    Even if they left their back open and I punished them for trying to run behind me.......DS's logic.

I hate when people think I am a hacker when they don't dent me, lol some guy with a great sword only took like 20hp off me because I missed a parry, but it still blocked the sword, then I wasted him. And, im like, I don't want to be reported for making that win look so easy lmao.

Also! I had a guy fight me with a shield in both hands...?
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Happened the other day so I thought I would share. Apparently I'm a hacker using non-existed weapons LOL.
    Was checking my sl 25, forgot I was online so I got invaded. I always use a halberd until I get my washing pole. Saw invader coming, buffed my +5 halberd with gold pine resin, managed to win and got this, "YOU A HACKER!!!" there no such thing as a lightening halberd. I replied with our forum address and told guy to ask us here lol. I'm still a hacker LOL

Visit http://fextralife.com

subscribe, have fun, keep the site going

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:21 pm