Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
befowler
JY4answer
reim0027
KillJoy
White Mamba
Griever
10 posters

Summoning wait time?

Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Summoning wait time? Empty Summoning wait time?

Post by Griever Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:26 am

Hey guys I went through my entire first playthrough without doing any co-op and now would like to give it a go.

However I am having trouble being summoned. I fulfil all the requirements and am in no way over levelled for the areas I am trying to get summoned in. I am also leaving my white soapstone in an appropriate place.

What is the general wait time for getting summoned?

I am on 360 if that matters, I understand there seems to be more ps3 players
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Summoning wait time? Empty Re: Summoning wait time?

Post by White Mamba Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:35 am

Sometimes you get summoned in 30 seconds sometimes it takes over 5 minutes. Where abouts are you trying?
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 am

So far have tried before the Bell Tower Gargoyles, The Depths and Queelag, this is on a NG+ char and a recently new char
    KillJoy

Post by KillJoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 am

I have a hard time to get summoned, too.... don't know what I do wrong I expect that my level was always to high because I spent almost every soul on leveling my character
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 am

Yeah it could possibly be your level, but for me co-op never really got regular until anor londo and after that. If you want to see if your level is too high, go human and see if there are other peoples signs around after a while. That seems to work for me anyway
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am

White Mamba wrote:Yeah it could possibly be your level, but for me co-op never really got regular until anor londo and after that. If you want to see if your level is too high, go human and see if there are other peoples signs around after a while. That seems to work for me anyway
    Just make sure you haven't beaten the boss, if you want to see summon signs.

Another reason may be there are a lot of summon signs, and you are competing with them.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 am

If i have beaten the boss i can still be summoned by others right?
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 am

Yep. Generally the best places to be summoned are New Londo Ruins (gee I wonder why) right at the area with idle hollows, Duke's Archives balcony bonfire, and Darkrrot Forrest and Kiln (but for the wrong reasons). Being a sunbro speeds up summoning a lot. I'm sl117, and I've always been summoned within a minute at New Londo Ruins.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:53 am

I coop a lot, and here are some entirely unscientific observations/superstitions - assuming as you say you are sure you're in the sweetspot for summoning in terms of level and location:

1) The "first" summon sometimes takes longer for some reason. When I load a game, my first summon often takes 2-5x longer to happen than ones subsequent to that. Once I get summoned once, subsequent summons often happen a lot faster. No idea why - might be a function of the different regions as discussed below.

2) By placing my sign a lot at the same location, I can tell when my sign has moved to a region/server where due to the time difference there's nobody around to summon me (i.e., I'm in U.S., sign is on a Japanese server where it's 5 am their time). In other words, I'll be getting summoned every 2-5 minutes like clockwork, and then suddenly I hit a brick wall. If that happens, I'll drop my sign quickly a few times (~every 2 minutes) to hopefully cycle back to more favorable regions. It's actually possible to be summoned as soon as you put your sign down -- I've received a summoning notice while still in the animation of dropping my sign -- so if things are dragging you should reset your sign a few times.

3) Stick close to a bonfire for a little while. If you are seeing a lot of "full" phantoms -- where you can see their gear -- you are seeing people who are at or very close to your own level and can summon you. I've actually seen these people get up from the bonfire, walk over to where my sign is in their world, get a summoning notice, and then show up in the world of the same guy wearing the same gear. The frequency of these phantoms can give you a rough sense of how active potential hosts at your level are at that spot.

4) Covenant matters. I find it easiest to be summoned as a sunbro, due to possibly both the servers having a bias towards sunbros as a coop covenant, and because people gravitate towards the golden summoning signs. Way of the White is probably next, and then descending order through the good/neutral covenants. I find it hardest to be summoned (or summon) when I'm a darkwraith or gravelord.

5) Connection problems/Internet speed can also be a factor. People may be trying to summon you, but getting summon failed messages at their end. You won't see any sign of this yourself and just think nobody is trying. It is also rare but possible to get stuck in a state where you cannot summon or be summoned. You can see summon signs for other people, but all summon attempts fail and you also won't get invaded or summoned. If this happens, quit and reload the entire game (not just the char).
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 pm

I leveled up 5 different characters that I leave at specific locations to do co-op. I haven't found any difference in covenant, though. finding the right level is what's really made the difference. I have a level 7 I leave just outside the bonfire in the Burg, a level 23 near the bonfire in the swamp, a level 90(ish) at the Kiln and a level 139 (my favorite) at the beginning of New Londo Ruins that rarely make me wait long (assuming servers at optimum).

The other one had good success at level 17, I'd drop her sign right before the entrance to the Undead Parish. I'm going to level her up a bit and move her to Anor Londo, though. Her name is Bunz of Oolasteel, she's shirtless and hot, which may help.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:50 pm

yea im sl 115 on my first ng and i get summond alot in anor ladon and even still tons at the golem in sens..but sometimes it can take more then 30 min to get summond thats why i love to drop sign close to bonfire so i can farm a bit while wating on summon
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Yeah, I have a roster too.

sl17 in burg/parish (I often alternate using the burg bonfire ladder, so I can pick up the same folks after helping with Taurus and then take on the gargoyles)

sl35 in depths/blighttown (ditto)

sl45 in anor londo

sl 77 in kiln

Post patch the summon range is wider and seems to have 10 levels at a minimum, which makes low level summons much easier. The wikia's recommended ranges are fine but you can do well 5-10 levels beyond them.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Is your Xbox ID the same as your forum user name? It's possible that "griever" doesn't endear you to hosts looking for help. lol
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:00 pm

strangejoy wrote:Is your Xbox ID the same as your forum user name? It's possible that "griever" doesn't endear you to hosts looking for help. lol

Lol I never looked at it like that before, but no my gamer tag is Panrub (surname backwards if anyones wondering)
    Dazuke
    Dazuke

Post by Dazuke Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 pm

do this; put ur sign and wait for 10 mins.. if u dont got summoned put ur sign again. also u can follow this recomendations to get summoned more easily:
    Spoiler:
    Bell Gargoyles
    Spoiler:
    Capra Demon
    Spoiler:
    Gaping Dragon
    Spoiler:
    Quelaag
    Spoiler:
    Ceaseless Discharge
    Spoiler:
    Iron Golem
    Spoiler:
    Crossbreed Priscilla
    Spoiler:
    Ornstein and Smough
    Spoiler:
    Pinwheel
    Spoiler:
    Moonlight Butterfly
    Spoiler:
    Great Grey Wolf Sif
    Spoiler:
    Demon Firesage
    Spoiler:
    Centipede Demon
    Spoiler:
    Bed of Chaos
    Spoiler:
    Gravelord Nito
    Spoiler:
    Seath the Scaleless
    Spoiler:
    Four Kings
    Spoiler:
    Gwyn
    Spoiler:
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:21 am

My toon is 117 sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm