Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Share
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:10 pm

    Actually before I explain, please tell me your interpretations. I'm interested in hearing it. But, rest assure I am aware of all verses in my riddle, and have hard evidance to back it up happy

    avatar
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 229
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Walking away with your cookie jar

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by TheAshenPhantom on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 pm

    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:I may have wrote it down first, but TheAshenPhantom should get some credit for the answer. Plus I didn't give a reason why it was my answer.

    Im going to try and break this down.

    Riddle:

    I seek power, with this flame,
    Seeking thy kinsman, of malicious fame.
    To the land, of rancid breath,
    i shall meet, my lonesome death.

    Answer: Yulva.
    Source, Sorcery - Remedy:

    "Sorcery of the red-robed Yulva, one of the Sealers of New Londo. Reduce bleeding and poison build-up, and undo various poisonous effects.
    One of the New Londo's unique healing sorceries. Perhaps she abandoned her Sealer duty to take her healing arts back to Blighttown."

    If this alone is how you came up with the riddle, then I think it was a little to vague. Now vague is good, but there's nothing about a flame or anything that can be considered a flame, unless you can consider a sorcery as a flame, then its works well. But flame is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of sorceries.

    Now if I were to construct a riddle based purely on the Remedy description, I would have said something like this:

    "I've forlorn my province of fame.
    Seeking thy kinsman of malevolent bane.
    To the land of rancid breath.
    I shall meet my lonesome death.
    Who am I?"

    province = duties
    forlorn = abandoned
    bane = poison
    malevolent = suggests deep and lasting dislike

    It was quite a challenge, and I loved every minute of it.
    I cant wait for the next one.
    If you need someone to bounce ideas around for the next riddle, I would love to be apart of the creative process.
    XD It's cool, we can share the credit, I figured it was Yulva and you did to I just couldn't remember her name for the life of me and tried to explain her and you gave her name. I liked the riddle just really confused at moments. It was vague but too vague. it came down to luck.
    I was paying more attention to the final verse and was going through an elimination of those who couldn't fit it. Only two matched and they were Beatrice and Yulva. Beatrice fits the verses as she dies trying to enter the abyss, she seeked power like the kings. And her body if found outside of blight town and close to the undead dragon.


    _________________
    Train is coming with the shiney cars, it's comfy seats and wheels of stars, so hush my little ones have no fear, the man in the moon is the engineer~

    PSN: GunGravePhantom

    avatar
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 461
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Oh_the_Humanity on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 pm

    Samurainova wrote:Actually before I explain, please tell me your interpretations. I'm interested in hearing it. But, rest assure I am aware of all verses in my riddle, and have hard evidance to back it up happy

    I had a feeling you would.
    You seem like way to smart a person to overlook entire parts of your own riddles. I wasn't trying to say you ARE wrong or anything. I was considering that Remedy was the only influence for the riddle.
    But there are things about Yulva that I'm not aware of, and can't wait to learn. I just hope I did't come across sounding like a douche in my previous post. :|
    Anyways, I'm not that familiar with Yulva and really only came to the conclusion because of the item description saying:
    "Perhaps she abandoned her Sealer duty to take her healing arts back to Blighttown."
    and because TheAshenPhantom reminded me of her.


    _________________



    psn name:
    TEST_SUBJECT_83


    ...Go Beyond Death...
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 pm

    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:Actually before I explain, please tell me your interpretations. I'm interested in hearing it. But, rest assure I am aware of all verses in my riddle, and have hard evidance to back it up happy

    I had a feeling you would.
    You seem like way to smart a person to overlook entire parts of your own riddles. I wasn't trying to say you ARE wrong or anything. I was considering that Remedy was the only influence for the riddle.
    But there are things about Yulva that I'm not aware of, and can't wait to learn. I just hope I did't come across sounding like a douche in my previous post. :|
    Anyways, I'm not that familiar with Yulva and really only came to the conclusion because of the item description saying:
    "Perhaps she abandoned her Sealer duty to take her healing arts back to Blighttown."
    and because TheAshenPhantom reminded me of her.

    You? A douche? HA!!! Whats next, Animaaal is a troll? Trust me, i know a lot of my commentors even if you guys dont know it, and i appreciate all of you happy

    avatar
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 229
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Walking away with your cookie jar

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by TheAshenPhantom on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 pm

    I hope I haven't come off as rude XD I sometimes get impaticent when I get extremely confused.


    _________________
    Train is coming with the shiney cars, it's comfy seats and wheels of stars, so hush my little ones have no fear, the man in the moon is the engineer~

    PSN: GunGravePhantom

    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:05 am

    TheAshenPhantom wrote:I hope I haven't come off as rude XD I sometimes get impaticent when I get extremely confused.

    Yeah bro I've been meaning to talk to you about how your always calling me out and cursing out others in the comments. winking ( Sarcasm)

    avatar
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 229
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Walking away with your cookie jar

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by TheAshenPhantom on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:30 am

    XD Looking forward to the explination to the riddle and look forward for the next riddle.


    _________________
    Train is coming with the shiney cars, it's comfy seats and wheels of stars, so hush my little ones have no fear, the man in the moon is the engineer~

    PSN: GunGravePhantom


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:52 pm

    Samurainova wrote:...You? A douche? HA!!! Whats next, Animaaal is a troll? happy...

    Feed me....FEED ME!!!.....
    ..........FEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

    I say flame can be interpreted as desire.

    Maybe the Sealers seemed malicious to the Dark Wraiths?

    Land of rancid breath?...unsure...oh wait, those blob things that spit that toxic stuff at you?

    Lonesome death makes sense.

    hmmmmmmmmmm :?:
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 pm

    Animaaal is on the right track guys happy


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:33 pm

    I win 2nd place prize? :drunken:
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:38 pm

    Animaaal wrote:I win 2nd place prize? :drunken:

    Sure why not...plus one for you sir happy

    avatar
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 229
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Walking away with your cookie jar

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by TheAshenPhantom on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:16 am

    Doesn't explain the seeking power bit though. The Darkwraiths are the enemy of the Sealers. The rancid breath would match blight town. She is found dead past the blowdart guys and does end up dieing alone. The seeking power just doesn't make sense. The flame part in a way does but only in a vague sense in that since the game is medeval themed most people would think flame as magic, thus a spell.


    _________________
    Train is coming with the shiney cars, it's comfy seats and wheels of stars, so hush my little ones have no fear, the man in the moon is the engineer~

    PSN: GunGravePhantom


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 am

    Samurainova wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:I win 2nd place prize? :drunken:

    Sure why not...plus one for you sir happy



    I seek power, with this flame,


    Seeking power naturally occurs to anyone (most anyone) who has achieved power in the first place. Achieving power is most times an unquenchable thirst and easily addicting, especially when someone’s flame of desire burns fierce.

    seeking thy kinsmen, of malicious fame,

    I’m sure the Sealers had a hell of a time with their duties. Famed ones would probably be made out to be almost blood thirsty and maniacal beings, given the monstrosities they faced. Fight fire with fire right? Seeking thy kinsmen, could also mean going to New Londo means going to death. Following in footsteps, will soon join them....?

    To the land of rancid breath,


    Blighttown, or them toxic spitting things in New Londo.
    OR...sucking the face of a Drakwraith would prolly not have that,
    "Oh so minty feeling" lol.

    I shall meet my lonesome death.


    I was unaware who she was or that she had died in Blighttown, but Sealers seem rather isolated in their task. I know Ingward died a few lonesome deaths on my play throughs lol.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 pm

    Excellent speculation as usual guys, I am most impressed, as to be expected by you guys. Also, the next riddle is under way, so if anyone would like to have a sneak peek and help me refine just private message me winking


    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Zephryl on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 pm

    Samurainova wrote:Excellent speculation as usual guys, I am most impressed, as to be expected by you guys. Also, the next riddle is under way, so if anyone would like to have a sneak peek and help me refine just private message me winking

    I'm in two minds about that... I'd love to help out, making my Riddle in the other Riddle Thread was fun, but then solving it is pretty fun too...
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:22 pm

    Well, I was thinking about posting multiple riddles in the next one, because I have a lot I have been wanting to dump off my chest, so if you have one you want me to post just send it to me happy


    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Zephryl on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:25 pm

    Samurainova wrote:Well, I was thinking about posting multiple riddles in the next one, because I have a lot I have been wanting to dump off my chest, so if you have one you want me to post just send it to me happy

    I'll wait until my other is solved methinks. It seems to be a hard one, which means I'm either really good at riddle writing, or really bad haha. Need to figure out which lol!
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 pm

    As long as you have good justification and evidence to back up your verses it won't be a bad riddle. happy the last thing people want is a riddle that was too hard because of some bullsh!t reasoning behind the verses. Do you understand what I mean? happy


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:08 pm

    Samurainova wrote:As long as you have good justification and evidence to back up your verses it won't be a bad riddle. happy the last thing people want is a riddle that was too hard because of some bullsh!t reasoning behind the verses. Do you understand what I mean? happy

    Hmmmmmm...I gotta say you got me on this one.

    "As long as you have good justification..."

    Obviously evidence that can be sited through the wiki or resource threads.

    "Too hard because of some bullsh!t..."

    I can't help but elude to :dung:

    "Do you understand what I mean?..."

    I say the Witch's Ring?

    Soooooo, I'm going with Quelaan had constipation from the poison in Blighttown.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:13 pm

    Lol animal lol,


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:19 pm

    8)

    Can't wait for the next riddle thread btw. My wife was even reading this a little bit.

    And I want no part of the pm conversation. :silent:

    I can't wait to see what you and/or Zephryl come up with.

    Good reads man good reads.

    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Zephryl on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:20 am

    I'm curious though~

    Do you come up with your Riddles by finding what you want the answer to be, then making verses that fit? Or make a couple nice verses and find an answer that fits before finishing?


    _________________
    Rynn wrote:You know your Phantoms gonna be useless when your Catalyst does more damage than their Spear.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:41 pm

    Sometimes it works both ways happy

    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Samurainova on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 pm

    Ill be justifying this riddle soon, and posting the next riddle thread.


    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Zephryl on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm

    Looking forward to it~

    I think people gave up on mine T_T


    _________________
    Rynn wrote:You know your Phantoms gonna be useless when your Catalyst does more damage than their Spear.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Souls Riddle #5 1-23-13

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 am