Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
LunarFog
IV_Mark_VI
Nybbles
befowler
ChizFreak
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
Saturday-Saint
Kobra
13 posters

[Video] Fatroll PVP

Kobra

[Video] Fatroll PVP Empty [Video] Fatroll PVP

Post by Kobra Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Any and all feedback is much appreciated. Inb4 17 ATT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNh9tAKK7Cg
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

[Video] Fatroll PVP Empty Re: [Video] Fatroll PVP

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm

I hate this build and I hate you for using it.
    Kobra

Post by Kobra Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Why? Not haveldad mcflips enough for you?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Huge poise. Huge defense. I hit this thing with my Zwei, do 400 damage and no stun. I start to question things when that happens. Why do I bother using a Zwei? Why do I bother playing Dark Souls? Is there any reason to go on?
    Kobra

Post by Kobra Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Hahah now you know the pain of every chaoshander giantdad that went head to head with THE TANK
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Ah yes the 500 defense monster. I planned it medium roll, 93 poise (91 is pointless since 93 is the next sweet spot). And yes a Halberd. twisted

http://mmdks.com/tc4
    Kobra

Post by Kobra Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:48 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Ah yes the 500 defense monster. I planned it medium roll, 93 poise (91 is pointless since 93 is the next sweet spot). And yes a Halberd. twisted

http://mmdks.com/tc4
    Yeah I could hit the next tier of poise and make it midroll but I'm too lazy and threw full giants on one of my existing faith builds lol

Solid build though
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Watching this video, I don't think I fought this version of the build. You had a Silver Knight Spear or something like that every time I fought you. No WoG, no DMB.

@WyrmHero: 93 poise is nothing noteworthy, while 91 poise lets you resist 3 2H medium attacks. Good for katanas and spears and stuff.
    Kobra

Post by Kobra Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:Watching this video, I don't think I fought this version of the build. You had a Silver Knight Spear or something like that every time I fought you. No WoG, no DMB.

@WyrmHero: 93 poise is nothing noteworthy, while 91 poise lets you resist 3 2H medium attacks. Good for katanas and spears and stuff.
    You fought me before? I had that setup on a 27/40 build before losing all my manatees in a drunken confusion so I switched to my faith build.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 pm

question... why no secondary weapon to the halberd? you have enough weight to slap on a zwei (twohanded ofc) or better yet a pike (again two handed)
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=362831170193770450
    ... well this is how i would have done it, iron flesh for more tankiness and the mura or a number of other weapon for stun locking etc (as with these stats you can use almost every weapon in the game to max effectiveness.)
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Looks boring...

What's the point of using a fat-rolling tank if you use a halberd...

Use BIG weapons, because you have BALLS OF STEEL, you don't need no **** range with that halberd, you go use a Demon's Greathammer and crush everyone's skull as you poise their attacks and laugh at their tiny weapons and their ridiculous damage!

And while I won't deny Giant's is one of the best for tanks when it comes to defense, there are better options for poise, but I guess at 91 poise it won't matter much, though against gankers any extra poise helps so you don't get stunlocked.

Finally, the Black Knight Shield is ugly as ****, but I understand why you're using it and I admit there aren't any better options to counter pyromancies. Still, maybe a Dragon Crest Shield would be nice, though inferior, it's more stylish.

The biggest drawback is the halberd, it's effective yes, but it doesn't fit my image of a tank [Video] Fatroll PVP 3358384175 Also I believe the most important part of tank is to have a shield, and that when you raise it you're invincible (technically), see Havel's Greatshield.

It's a solid build anyway happy.

PS: Ultra Greatswords are awesome too for "tanks", especially when fighting gankers (cause of great range),

Last edited by ChizFreak on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Kobra wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Watching this video, I don't think I fought this version of the build. You had a Silver Knight Spear or something like that every time I fought you. No WoG, no DMB.

You fought me before? I had that setup on a 27/40 build before losing all my manatees in a drunken confusion so I switched to my faith build.
    A couple times, across 3 different PSN's: DarkFoals, YouHollowed, and Saturday-Saint.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:09 pm

The poise sweetspots adds after 31. For 2 hits 62, for 3 hits 93.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:12 pm

WyrmHero wrote:

You might want to watch the video again. He clearly tanks 3 consecutive spear hits at about 4 minutes in. The break points are 31, 61, and 91.
    Kobra

Post by Kobra Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:question... why no secondary weapon to the halberd? you have enough weight to slap on a zwei (twohanded ofc) or better yet a pike (again two handed)
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=362831170193770450
    ... well this is how i would have done it, iron flesh for more tankiness and the mura or a number of other weapon for stun locking etc (as with these stats you can use almost every weapon in the game to max effectiveness.)

Like I said, I threw full giants on an already existing build, it could be min-maxed better but there's really no need, i still won well over 80% of all my fights. You could definitely add a secondary weapon, but the halberd is all I really needed.

ChizFreak wrote:Looks boring...

What's the point of using a fat-rolling tank if you use a halberd...

Use BIG weapons, because you have BALLS OF STEEL, you don't need no **** range with that halberd, you go use a Demon's Greathammer and crush everyone's skull as you poise their attacks and laugh at their tiny weapons and their ridiculous damage!

And while I won't deny Giant's is one of the best for tanks when it comes to defense, there are better options for poise, but I guess at 91 poise it won't matter much, though against gankers any extra poise helps so you don't get stunlocked.

Finally, the Black Knight Shield is ugly as ****, but I understand why you're using it and I admit there aren't any better options to counter pyromancies. Still, maybe a Dragon Crest Shield would be nice, though inferior, it's more stylish.

The biggest drawback is the halberd, it's effective yes, but it doesn't fit my image of a tank [Video] Fatroll PVP 3358384175 Also I believe the most important part of tank is to have a shield, and that when you raise it you're invincible (technically), see Havel's Greatshield.

It's a solid build anyway happy.

PS: Ultra Greatswords are awesome too for "tanks", especially when fighting gankers (cause of great range),

Tank in the sense that I can take hits like nothing and deal big amounts of damage. The build was not optimized for any STR weapons.

I wasn't going for aesthetics at all this time around.

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Kobra wrote:

A couple times, across 3 different PSN's: DarkFoals, YouHollowed, and Saturday-Saint.
    Oh yeah, I know you. you ended up being a lot better at PVP than I expected
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:34 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Use BIG weapons, because you have BALLS OF STEEL, you don't need no **** range with that halberd, you go use a Demon's Greathammer and crush everyone's skull as you poise their attacks and laugh at their tiny weapons and their ridiculous damage!

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=323071952425065616
    this what you mean chiz/befowler?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:59 pm

http://mmdks.com/uy6

if you're not planning on moving very fast, why not plan on being immovable.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:

You might want to watch the video again. He clearly tanks 3 consecutive spear hits at about 4 minutes in. The break points are 31, 61, and 91.

I did saw that, it's strange really. I could assume that he wasn't staggered at the third hit because he was already at the middle of an attack animation. But that's a poor theory, I'll run some tests!!!

@Chiz certain weapons are very good for mid/fat roll, like the Halberd. You just spam R1 and tank hits.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:12 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=323071952425065616
    this what you mean chiz/befowler?

That is the tankiest tank that ever tanked. Any way to fit iron flesh or replenishment on there?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Your poise meter starts going down after a hit; this could explain it. From the first to the 3rd hit, he recovered 2 pts or more of poise.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=211504569262570774

here you go befowler, you'll have to swap whatever talisman or flame out for the target shield once you've picked which buff you'll put on for each fight but i don't think that will be to big of an issue
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Anyone remember my super tank?

http://mmdks.com/rre
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Your poise meter starts going down after a hit; this could explain it. From the first to the 3rd hit, he recovered 2 pts or more of poise.

Spears do 30 poise damage. So 1 hit = 30, 2 hits = 60, 3 hit = 90, etc. Very simple math. When your poise meter is filled, you get stunned.
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Love it, the pure satisfactions of when I watched you kick all those ppl's butt simply tanking them non-chalantly was awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am