Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Share
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 am

    densetsushun wrote:Custom edition is basically Combat Evolved but modded for multiplayer only, it's pretty awesome. Any computer that can handle Halo(read, 10 years old) can handle it.

    The only reason PS3 doesn't get games like that is because it's a core brand for Microsoft's Xbox brand. Microsoft owns Halo and makes a :dung: ton of money off it, Xbox is almost synonymous to Halo for those who don't know better. It's just bad marketing to port it to the PS3, even if it means you get a tiny bit more sales of the game.
    Ah yeah I had that. Just thought that CE was Combat Evolved, but I had the Custom Edition as well. It was fun. I even made some skins on my weapons. Nice touch. big grin

    Anyway, I still don't have a computer, nor do I want one. If you might be wondering, I'm currently in work and I've also played Halo on PC in work. If I get here from home, it's from PS3. big grin
    I'm not a hipster, I'm just poor. :cry:

    Anyway, I know Halo history, just like I know that if it wasn't for Halo, chances are, there wouldn't be an Xbox 360 right now, because the first Xbox was on the verge of oblivion, but Halo saved it's butt.

    It's just that MGS was a PS trademark game, so when they announced HD remakes for 360, I expected the same from Microsoft. Fail, I know, but wishfull thinking is all I've got left...

    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by raecor14 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 am

    Mr. Tart wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:All God of War games
    All post 3 Call of Duty games
    All post 1/CE Halo games
    All post Carbon Need for Speed games
    All post X Final Fantasy games
    And there's MORE!

    How can I choose just one game, when the publishers keep throwing like this at me?

    EDIT:
    I can feel the downvotes coming. :pale:

    What's so bad about Halo? :|
    Won't downvote you for stating your opinion though.
    On-topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Never have i hated a game so much before. This game... this f*cking game. I can't even talk about it without feeling the frustration and hatred boiling inside of me.
    WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 am

    raecor14 wrote:
    WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.
    Too much unnecessary violence in the whole series for my likes.
    It's not that I dislike violence in video games in general, but there's mostly no reason for it in GoW.
    I'm the type of player, that never enjoyed doing random massacres in GTA, for example.

    First GoW was actually good when it comes to story. Still too violent to get likes from me.

    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 am

    Sentiel wrote:
    I'm not a hipster, I'm just poor. :cry:

    I'm still using a 5-6 year old laptop because of my lack of funds.
    Sentiel wrote:
    Anyway, I know Halo history, just like I know that if it wasn't for Halo, chances are, there wouldn't be an Xbox 360 right now, because the first Xbox was on the verge of oblivion, but Halo saved it's butt.

    It's just that MGS was a PS trademark game, so when they announced HD remakes for 360, I expected the same from Microsoft. Fail, I know, but wishfull thinking is all I've got left...
    Yeah, I get the wishful thinking, but remember that Combat Evolved was supposed to be a Mac exclusive and the game to launch its prominence in gaming as well, until M$ bought Bungie and decided to make it an Xbox/PC exclusive. I'm still rather miffed that they decided to use Halo 3(and subsequent games) to launch the 360 into prominence, they really screwed over PC gamers who wanted to play the games.
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am

    Yeah I remember Halo 2. Vista only.
    Better buy Xbox then. big grin


    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am

    Hah, thankfully XP patches exist silly(though I'm not sure if they're community made or if Microsoft decided they bit themselves in the rear for that decision).


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by raecor14 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 am

    Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.
    Too much unnecessary violence in the whole series for my likes.
    It's not that I dislike violence in video games in general, but there's mostly no reason for it in GoW.
    I'm the type of player, that never enjoyed doing random massacres in GTA, for example.

    First GoW was actually good when it comes to story. Still too violent to get likes from me.
    oh, well i get that, but i think that was the point, he was pissed.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am

    raecor14 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.
    Too much unnecessary violence in the whole series for my likes.
    It's not that I dislike violence in video games in general, but there's mostly no reason for it in GoW.
    I'm the type of player, that never enjoyed doing random massacres in GTA, for example.

    First GoW was actually good when it comes to story. Still too violent to get likes from me.
    oh, well i get that, but i think that was the point, he was pissed.
    Not like he has a reason. He's the source of all the violence and killing in the whole series. Kratos is a glorified madman and cold blooded mass murderer of anything living in his vicinity AND he wears sandals.
    Not my type of hero. I hate open footwear.

    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by raecor14 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

    Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.
    Too much unnecessary violence in the whole series for my likes.
    It's not that I dislike violence in video games in general, but there's mostly no reason for it in GoW.
    I'm the type of player, that never enjoyed doing random massacres in GTA, for example.

    First GoW was actually good when it comes to story. Still too violent to get likes from me.
    oh, well i get that, but i think that was the point, he was pissed.
    Not like he has a reason. He's the source of all the violence and killing in the whole series. Kratos is a glorified madman and cold blooded mass murderer of anything living in his vicinity AND he wears sandals.
    Not my type of hero. I hate open footwear.
    thats not entirely true, in the first one hes after aries, but hades and other gods send their minions to try and stop him, kratos being the reasonable man he is with no iver reactons kindl thanks them with a sword to the face, chest, hand, testicals.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 am

    raecor14 wrote:thats not entirely true, in the first one hes after aries, but hades and other gods send their minions to try and stop him, kratos being the reasonable man he is with no iver reactons kindl thanks them with a sword to the face, chest, hand, testicals.
    He wants Ares' nut :mask-sack: only because he blames Ares for killing his family, while it was all Kratos' doing, for forging a pact with a God, infamous for doing this kind of :dung: .

    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by steveswede on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am

    raecor14 wrote:WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.

    Well each GOW has it's pro's and con's. GOW2 is my personal favorite as it had the best cyclops and minotaur finishers, best magic collection, golden fleece was amazingly effective (in GOW3 it was toned down) and best additional weapons (barbarian hammer is incredibly good and titan mode essential). The time mechanic was a nice addition for puzzles, plenty of varied environments and just the right amount of bosses for it's content. GOW1 has the best puzzles and is the only one that gives a real sense of adventure (Pandora's temple) which I think a lot of people are fond of the most in a GOW game. GOW3 had the best combat system, the moveset of the blades were greatly improved, same with climbing attacks and the way the bow, Helios head and Hermes boots work is fantastic. The QTE in GOW3 while the best with the button icons moving to the side instead of it being in the middle, were fcuked up by slowing down the action. It's one of the few cases where something evolved and devolved at the same time.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am

    Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously

    Ghost Recon Future Soldier- not a Ghost Recon game, embarrassing to the franchise

    Halo 4 single player- felt like it was designed for thirteen year boys, story and characters were just embarrassing
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 am

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously
    WHY IS CONNOR SUCH AN EXTREMELY BORING CHARACTER?
    Spoiler:

    THAT WHILE HE'S THE MAIN GUY TOO, DADDY HAYTHAM IS 10X THE INTERESTING CHARACTER

    :mask-father:
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 am

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously

    Ghost Recon Future Soldier- not a Ghost Recon game, embarrassing to the franchise

    Halo 4 single player- felt like it was designed for thirteen year boys, story and characters were just embarrassing
    I think I know what you mean. lol!

    Spoiler:

    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 am

    Sentiel wrote:
    I think I know what you mean. lol!

    Spoiler:
    Wait, you mean not everyone wants to do Cortana? Shrug
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 am

    densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    I think I know what you mean. lol!

    Spoiler:
    Wait, you mean not everyone wants to do Cortana? Shrug
    I certainly do, but she has some serious USB slot protection.

    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 am

    Sentiel wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    I think I know what you mean. lol!

    Spoiler:
    Wait, you mean not everyone wants to do Cortana? Shrug
    I certainly do, but she has some serious USB slot protection.
    Maybe you need to find the right Activation Index Shrug
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 am

    densetsushun wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously
    WHY IS CONNOR SUCH AN EXTREMELY BORING CHARACTER?
    Spoiler:

    THAT WHILE HE'S THE MAIN GUY TOO, DADDY HAYTHAM IS 10X THE INTERESTING CHARACTER

    :mask-father:

    "Well let's see, so I'm supposed to hate his father as I play since he's a Templar...

    Wait a second...When I played as his father I was a really nice guy, and I got penalized for killing civilians. WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO HATE UBISOFT!"
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

    Tolvo wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously
    WHY IS CONNOR SUCH AN EXTREMELY BORING CHARACTER?
    Spoiler:

    THAT WHILE HE'S THE MAIN GUY TOO, DADDY HAYTHAM IS 10X THE INTERESTING CHARACTER

    :mask-father:

    "Well let's see, so I'm supposed to hate his father as I play since he's a Templar...

    Wait a second...When I played as his father I was a really nice guy, and I got penalized for killing civilians. WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO HATE UBISOFT!"
    I know, and his sharp wit, honor and class makes him the PERFECT protagonist for 3. WELL :dung: UBI, YOU COULD'VE DONE WITH HIM INSTEAD.
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

    densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    I think I know what you mean. lol!

    Spoiler:
    Wait, you mean not everyone wants to do Cortana? Shrug
    I certainly do, but she has some serious USB slot protection.
    Maybe you need to find the right Activation Index Shrug
    I might need something better than that, because I was reffering to this guy.

    Spoiler:

    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am

    Sentiel wrote:
    I might need something better than that, because I was reffering to this guy.

    Spoiler:
    Then we're out of luck Prostration
    avatar
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1652
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Otherwhere

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by SlakeMoth on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:28 pm

    Tolvo wrote:The Fable series.

    I didn't like them either. Hey Tolvo, why are you using my face as an avatar pic?
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

    Because I took a picture that came out fairly decent. Sorry Slake, should have warned you ahead of time I was taking that picture.

    Man, now I'm just imagining a situation in which a guy took a picture of his friend, then taped it to his face and has been walking around like that when suddenly they notice.
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Onion Knight on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

    The worst games I have ever played (due to the crushing disappointment):

    White Knight Chronicles.
    Deus EX: Invisible War.
    Red Faction:Armageddon.
    Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.
    Battlefield 3.
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
    Empire Total War.
    Diablo III.
    Dragon Age II.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic.

    I have another list for the actual worst games (that would take up several pages) , but these are the ones that hurt the most for me as a gamer and as a fan for these series of games or developers.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 pm

    Onion Knight wrote:The worst games I have ever played (due to the crushing disappointment):

    White Knight Chronicles.
    Ouch, I was thinking of trying it out as I need a good JRPG. Is there any one of them that's worth trying out?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 pm