Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
User1
gmwdim
Oh_the_Humanity
mr_no_face
ChizFreak
Ashran
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Animaaal
12 posters

Quick selecting spells/button customization

Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Quick selecting spells/button customization - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick selecting spells/button customization

Post by Orango19 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Best thing would be to get rid of the fully used spells. So they don't appear until you recharge them in a bonfire.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Quick selecting spells/button customization - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick selecting spells/button customization

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Frank_White wrote:R2 casting a different magic than R1 is a good idea, also another thing it could do is charge up the selected spell. For example: Wrath of God equipped -> R2 -> Longer casting time -> More damage

Kind of like the prolonged miracles (with the ring) in DeS that caused more damage because of the increased cast time
    That’s not really a bad idea. The only problem I see with it, is it could defeat the purpose of the mechanic altogether.
    The use of the R2 and L2 in this particular way, is only to avoid the cycling of attunements in order to combo. Pushing up on the d-pad is what creates this problem, and having the option to immediately cast another spell by simply using the R2 and L2 buttons in a different way is what alleviates it.
    Thanks for the input though. It’s something worth thinking about. Upgrading spells, there’s an idea for a thread.

Orango19 wrote:Best thing would be to get rid of the fully used spells. So they don't appear until you recharge them in a bonfire.
    I’d go for that too. I wouldn’t say it was necessary, but it would definitely be a welcomed addition.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:26 pm

A way that casters may be able to separate different types of spells (sorcery, pyrmancy and miracles) is to have the OPTION to set the triangle button (and XBox equivalent) to change which type of spell set instead of two-handing or make it so that each time it is pressed, it cycles through them (like the spell button cycles through spells) and the first/last one acts as two-hand/release button again. I'm thinking casters will have the ability to turn this on and off at checkpoints. (whatever replaces bonfires)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Acarnatia wrote:A way that casters may be able to separate different types of spells (sorcery, pyrmancy and miracles) is to have the OPTION to set the triangle button (and XBox equivalent) to change which type of spell set instead of two-handing or make it so that each time it is pressed, it cycles through them (like the spell button cycles through spells) and the first/last one acts as two-hand/release button again. I'm thinking casters will have the ability to turn this on and off at checkpoints. (whatever replaces bonfires)

I would go for it myself, I hardly ever 2-hand a caster build. It would be a beneficial sacrifice to me, because taking my left thumb off the joystick is my biggest hurdle. Especially if it was something as simple as "swapping" the d-pad up and triangle button.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:35 pm

I still like my idea about maping each spell to a specific button.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm