Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Villain1
Flankydizzle
The Letter X
densetsushun
raecor14
SlakeMoth
lonewolf
LunarFog
Ashran
GenericUsername
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Samurainova
16 posters

My first Dark Souls Victory

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

My first Dark Souls Victory Empty My first Dark Souls Victory

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 am

You know, everyone has probably had over a thousand dark souls victories in pvp. Probably three times as many in losses. However, as i watched a guy roll off the edge the other day, it made me think of my very first dark souls victory, because that's how i won mine. So i invite you all to share your first dark souls victory, if you can remember how it went happy
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

My first Dark Souls Victory Empty Re: My first Dark Souls Victory

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:47 am

Wish I remembered. It's all just sort of a blur now. But it might have been pretty similar to the events you're describing. I certainly remember not being the one who delivered the killing blow but instead having my opponent die to "other" means.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:55 am

The cycle of life ^^
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 am

Got invaded right before the rafter part of Anor Londo, the dude had an electric shotel and I managed to kill him off with my gravelord sword. Don't quite remember much else.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:05 am

Uhm i dont remember it well but i think it was in the forest.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 am

I believe my first victory was Force-ing someone off the edge in Undead Parish
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 am

undead parish guy with lighting dagger threw out a parry and OHKOed him with a riposte BTW he was a bb glicher
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:43 am

I was invaded on the way down to the hydra in the Darkroot Basin. I usually lose because I'm not a regular pvp'er but on this occasion I won. I don't know who was more shocked, him/her or me. It was a great feeling though. And I did it without backstabbing, which, incidentally, is not unusual because I still haven't got the hang of that particular manoevre.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:52 am

the first ones i can remeber clearly where my ones in the PW while with the LH good times, so much falchion stunlocking.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 am

My first victory was against a naked dude pimping a Pharis hat and Guardian tail(not sure if that's the name? The poison whip) in the catacombs. We were trading blows back and forth and I accidentally R2'd with my +4 lightning spear and got him.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:44 am

I never played online on my first playthrough, so I didn't meet my first invader until NG+. I was in the Depths with a +14 Great Scythe and with Power Within at ready. I was aware of the invasion mechanics, so I wasn't surprised when I was invaded, maybe a bit nervous. I casted PW and waited for the invader to find me.

The fight was very anti-climactic. I never fought locked on since I got the Great Scythe in my first playthrough, and I didn't lock on for this guy either. As soon as I built up the nerve to attack, I used the R2 of the Great Scythe, unlocked and at a weird angle, on my opponent with his shield up. Much to my surprise, my attack not only went through his shield, but killed him in one hit, doing over 700 damage.

I figured out what dead angling was in my first fight ever, and I won. My invader was most likely a much lower level than I was, but it made me feel good to start off my PvP career with a win.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:55 am

Pretty sure it was when I was in darkmoon blade cov in Anor Londo. The host was out of sight near the batwing demons going towards the archers and he must've fallen off the side or something. I didn't have to do anything but I still felt a great sense of victory lol.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Flankydizzle wrote:Pretty sure it was when I was in darkmoon blade cov in Anor Londo. The host was out of sight near the batwing demons going towards the archers and he must've fallen off the side or something. I didn't have to do anything but I still felt a great sense of victory lol.

First victory feels so sweet, no matter how it is achieved. ^^
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:54 pm

The Letter X wrote:I never played online on my first playthrough, so I didn't meet my first invader until NG+. I was in the Depths with a +14 Great Scythe and with Power Within at ready. I was aware of the invasion mechanics, so I wasn't surprised when I was invaded, maybe a bit nervous. I casted PW and waited for the invader to find me.

The fight was very anti-climactic. I never fought locked on since I got the Great Scythe in my first playthrough, and I didn't lock on for this guy either. As soon as I built up the nerve to attack, I used the R2 of the Great Scythe, unlocked and at a weird angle, on my opponent with his shield up. Much to my surprise, my attack not only went through his shield, but killed him in one hit, doing over 700 damage.

I figured out what dead angling was in my first fight ever, and I won. My invader was most likely a much lower level than I was, but it made me feel good to start off my PvP career with a win.

So your first victory was a dead angle! Congrats happy
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 pm

I have actually never defeated someone in my own game... well, a couple in the forest, but based on the souls I got I was obviously much higher level than them. So my first real victory was as someone else's phantom - it was in the Depths while I was farming the Gaping Dragon for Sunlight Medals, and I'd just beaten Kirk so I was on an adrenaline hype (lol, oh low-level me...). Suddenly, the warning comes up and I see this red glowing figure disappear around a corner. I'm trying to warn the host, but he's completely oblivious and he walks straight into the trap and gets backstabbed. As the animation plays out, I run right up to the invader, wait for my moment and as it finishes - three WotGs. Thankfully the host somehow survives, gets back up and we bow to each other...

Sweet victory.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm

bleeding out a full havels dude in the burg with a lvl 5 thief (this was back before any patches so... im really surprised i didn't die in one hit)
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Was helping my brother coop through the Parish at low level when we got invaded by the usual sort - MoF + giants, lightning Avelyn, the works. I somehow managed to DWGR-roll straight up through a stream of Avelyn bolts and land a roll attack hit with my spear while the guy was reloading, then I stabbed him to death as he tried to circle around me for a BS. It felt good on several levels.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Actually, come to think of it, my first victory was decimating some poor sap in the depths who decided to fight me in the tunnels. Lightning spear was never as useful in PvP as in that moment.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 am

I remember a little bit of what happened the first time I won a PVP match in Dark Souls. I started out in the forest before I actually started invading anywhere else.

I lost a lot of matches before I finally won my first match witch was also my first 2v1 that I had won too. All I can really remember was that I kicked the sunbro that the host had summoned right off of the ledge around where the eastern armor was. I also remember that I killed the host right near the bridge leading to the large cats. I believe I used fire tempest to kill him.

It's a bit of a pity that I can't remember the first time I won in PVP. I guess it's satisfying enough to know the first time I won in PVP was in a 2v1.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 am

Wow you guys sound like you really earned your victories...my guy fell off the edge lol
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm

In the parish at lvl 30 on my first playthrough I get invaded by a guy duel wielding shields. He was casting gl sword dance though I didn't know what it was at the time. He was the ultimate turtle. I don't remember exactly what weapon I was using but I do remember how wet with sweat my hands were. I had to dry off my controller when it was over.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:01 am

deadagain wrote:In the parish at lvl 30 on my first playthrough I get invaded by a guy duel wielding shields. He was casting gl sword dance though I didn't know what it was at the time. He was the ultimate turtle. I don't remember exactly what weapon I was using but I do remember how wet with sweat my hands were. I had to dry off my controller when it was over.
    Lol the ultimate level of turtling happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm