Opinions Needed : Gravelording Strength Build

ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Opinions Needed : Gravelording Strength Build

Post by ExecutionerTri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:07 pm

So I made this last night for fun since I dont mess with Strength very often I thought it would be a nice change of pace. Just want to get some feedback for future variations of the build please

http://mmdks.com/u47

Alternate Weapons Im using

Large Club
    Crystal Large Club
    Demon Great Machete
    Crystal Demon Great Machete
    Reinforced Club
    Crystal Reinforced Club
    Gravelord Sword
    Butcher Knife
    Crystal Butcher Knife

Im also swapping the Helm for the Royal Helm when Im using a club for the viking look. Still working on clearing some of the game to get the Guardian Gauntlets and Leggings as well.

Hollowed

Re: Opinions Needed : Gravelording Strength Build

Post by LunarFog on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:31 pm

well if you want a strength build you might want i dunno....more strength?

FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I think it's good, allows you to use a wide range of weapons like the murakumo but also kick *** with the great club, allows you to fast roll AND has decent poise.

I like it

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:36 pm

LunarFog wrote:well if you want a strength build you might want i dunno....more strength?

well I wanted to keep it at the level 100. I hit my key points on all other attributes so if I go up to a 125 or 120 Ill be sitting on 40+ strength at that point but for now I can weild a ton of different weapons with the stg I have

Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Your strength is fine, especiially since you're only SL100

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Think about it. If you want to make a strength build, you should make strength your number one priority. Don't be afraid to lose some vit or health in order to get to at least 40. You can't even use some strength weapons with both hands if you only have 28.

ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:44 pm

LunarFog wrote:Think about it. If you want to make a strength build, you should make strength your number one priority. Don't be afraid to lose some vit or health in order to get to at least 40. You can't even use some strength weapons with both hands if you only have 28.

add 20 to my strength to take me to the normal 120 range and you get 148 while not sacrificing any vit or end. there isnt a weapon strength wise that I cant use at that point.

Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 pm

ExecutionerTri wrote:
    add 20 to my strength to take me to the normal 120 range and you get 148 while not sacrificing any vit or end. there isnt a weapon strength wise that I cant use at that point.

...say that again?

FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:49 pm

He said that when he becomes SL120 he'll have 40 strength, meaning there won't be a strength weapon he couldn't use

Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 pm

LunarFog wrote:Think about it. If you want to make a strength build, you should make strength your number one priority. Don't be afraid to lose some vit or health in order to get to at least 40. You can't even use some strength weapons with both hands if you only have 28.

That's being naive. This build has a lot going for it, and with the poise and defenses he's got going he'll get more hits in in the long run anyway. Going for 40STR just because it's a strength build severely limits your ability to be creative. It looks like a fun build!
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

cant see it

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:50 pm

well I just finished it and broke down som extra clubs to make them spare crystal club so now im going to get my gravelord on for awhile and see how it stands up. Im an idiot and killed the taurus demon so ill be dropping my sign instead of hosting but whatever

Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:57 am

Lose the buff, you don't need it. The large club is backstab-bait enough as it is, if you buff yourself, your opponents will only either run away or bs you. Very few people will actually fight you straight up, and you won't have a very fun time using it. Also, go pure Str! There's enough weapons of all sizes that you can make a pure Str build without any Dex.

How's this look? http://mmdks.com/uav

Z3r0Fear

Post by Z3r0Fear on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 am

How would I go about in getting this in earlier soul levels? I'm just curious if its possible or even worth it? I'm fairly new to pvp but I like the this pvp convent because the idea behind it is interesting. I want to pvp a little bit while trying reach SL120 but I'm not sure what kind of build to go with as I've never done it before.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:22 am

hi zero, welcom to the forums. nice hijacking btw....jk. if its your fisrt time playing through the game i reccomend you to beat the game first and make a high sl toon and try all the weapons, then start thinking about making a str, quality, dex, int, faith or a mix of two of those mentioned once you get to know the weapons you like, check out this http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t14581-reim-s-guide-to-making-builds it should help

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 pm

all my gravelord toons have incorporated the gravelord greatsword. so 24/13 is where it's at. i've also found that i seem to get much more PVP in that soul level range between SL45 and SL60 than i do at SL99 to SL120 for some reason.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Nybbles wrote:all my gravelord toons have incorporated the gravelord greatsword. so 24/13 is where it's at. i've also found that i seem to get much more PVP in that soul level range between SL45 and SL60 than i do at SL99 to SL120 for some reason.

i think it depends where youre gl'ing at, i get a lot of blues(not dm) when i gravelord the arty arena and township. sl 99 btw. 45-60 would be perfect for sens up to the lord areas, i dont really do anything but coop on those sl's so i might be wrong.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 pm

yup 45-60 seems to work in every area after the bell gargoyles, even the depths (farming eyes) and blight town work fairly well at that soul level.

the bonfire in darkroot forest is one of my favorite places to gravelord at any level. i would think that the burg would be a good place to gravelord in the 120 soul level range?
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 pm

i tried gl'ing at low sl(around 30) and all i got were dw or blues with lightning weapons, too bad the bbg ruined low sl pvp.

ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 pm

I had a ton of activity in the Painted World yesterday but I need to move to NG+ to really take full advantage of this since I cleared so much of the world already

Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Tri did I invade you yesterday?! Don't mean to be off topic... but I think I invaded TriangleOffense in Oolacile Township.

Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Tri did I invade you yesterday?! Don't mean to be off topic... but I think I invaded TriangleOffense in Oolacile Township.

yes you did, I was in there testing out some weapons on this build and I saw you come in. I remember because Blaine is my middle name and it stood out

*Edit* Im also there right now, trying to learn some move sets for these large strength weapons. I cant lie I feel lost without my iiato and chaos blade but I really need to branch out a bit so here I stand club in hand waiting to get invaded

Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Well I hope I was courteous! Always happy to invade forum members. happy

Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Well I hope I was courteous! Always happy to invade forum members. happy

we bowed and it was fair which is more than I can say for half the people who invaded me in oolicile yesterday

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 pm