Is Grant Worth Investing In?

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Is Grant Worth Investing In?

Post by User1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Just saw what damage Leeroy was doing to those Skeletons, and I wondered, is that weapon worth 50 strength and 30 faith?
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: Is Grant Worth Investing In?

Post by RANT on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Yes!!! Its very viable.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Well technically, if you see Leeroy switch to onehanded you see that he doesn't have enough strength to use it. Plus it scale better with faith you could probably do like...36/50. Depending on what the minimum strength is for two-handed

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm

I have a 50/30 sl 99 planned, its gonna be a grant wielding cleric build which should be fun. I would really reccomend a 34/40 build since you will need as much vit and end as possible since two handing it drain your atamina A LOT.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

The R2 special attack is VERY good, and the Grant itself does good damage. I'd say go for it and listen to Rant, he knows his strength weapons silly

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:03 pm

The grant shares roughly a 350/350 split damage in physical and magical AR, nearly topping 400 magic with 50 FAI. Its R2 special attack is a slower version of WoG, but it has a damage increase of roughly 50% in comparison; it scales with FAI as well. The special has 2 "casts" with the third being weaker. In reality, with 99 repair powders, this leads to approximately 51 casts of the special.

The grant possess a 130% divine element, making it deal 30% extra damage against the undead and preventing skeleton spawning. The earliest you can use the Grant effectively is SL 40.

14 END is the lowest you can have to make it possible to Fast Roll with the Grant.

Is Grant worth investing in? That is a choice only you alone can make...

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:08 pm

if you realy wanna go for it i would go with one of these two http://mmdks.com/u4m
    http://mmdks.com/u4n just pick your rings and armor you like the most.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for all of the help! I have a 50/50 cleric build, gonna reinforce Grant to +5 and do some PvP. happy
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 pm

It does great chip damage. Just sayin'.

Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm

IMO it's not viable, it doesn't do nearly enough damage for the stat investment. Prepatch it wouldn't even match up to elementals, it's really only worth it on a high level toon with ridiculous stats.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 am

Great club !

EXILED of ARIAMIS  Join UsBeckon
    largestember

Post by largestember on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 am

Don't do it man, this weapon is completely useless. I was excited about this weapon and made a some kinda leeroy build but the damage was just not worth the investment. 24 weight and split damage that does like 500 damage to most people in pvp.

The special r2 attack is very bad, it's slow and doesn't hit for much. If you can hit someone with it then it mean they were dumb. I prefer a wotg.

I'd say, use it only if you wanna cosplay a cleric/paladin or something. Else, if you want a hammer, use the dragon tooth or demon great hammer with sunlight blade. Those are much better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:31 am