Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
GodOfPaperclips
Hue
Sentiel
Ashran
Gambs_the_Grey
Zephryl
10 posters

Petrified Blacksmiths?

Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Petrified Blacksmiths? Empty Petrified Blacksmiths?

Post by Zephryl Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Is there any explanation for what happened to these guys? Or is it the effects of a death via Curse?
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Petrified Blacksmiths? Empty Re: Petrified Blacksmiths?

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm problly wrong but I thought it was a statue of Andre.. Letting you know who to take the ember to ?
    I think there is only two of them. One after the moonlight butterfly and the one near the larg divine ember totg ?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:I'm problly wrong but I thought it was a statue of Andre.. Letting you know who to take the ember to ?
    I think there is only two of them. One after the moonlight butterfly and the one near the larg divine ember totg ?

theres also other one where you find the occult ember. Ive always felt curious about this.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Oh yeah, i forgot the one in the painted world.. I think all 3 of those embers are handled by Andres
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

The statues have blacksmith stuff around them, so they probably used to be living blacksmiths, but something happened to them.
    I always asumed they got attcked by something/someone and they somehow turned to stone statues to protect their precious Ember.

Why they look like Andre is a mystery to me. Siblings, perhaps?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Sentiel wrote:The statues have blacksmith stuff around them, so they probably used to be living blacksmiths, but something happened to them.
    I always asumed they got attcked by something/someone and they somehow turned to stone statues to protect their precious Ember.

Why they look like Andre is a mystery to me. Siblings, perhaps?

Lazy modelers?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Ashran wrote:Lazy modelers?
    Nah, i doubt that, there are a lot of much less significant details that are in the game. Why would they be lazy to make more than one model when there are goddamn cockroaches that move in the catacombs?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm

As i said once, from prefered to put more pixels in the asylum demon *** than the mountains we see from firelink shrine.
    GodOfPaperclips
    GodOfPaperclips
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GodOfPaperclips Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 pm

All the petrified blacksmiths have divine/occult embers. Possibly all from Astora. Could be why they look like Andre. It could also have relevance.
    I'm pretty sure Andre mentions something when you first meet him but I normally skip through his dialogue. Been a long time since I listened to the grufty old fart.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Andre mentions that all he knows about Darkroot Gardens is that he's heard rumours of a divine blacksmith residing there. Seems to me he referred to the petrified one on the top of that tower, so I think it's safe to assume that they're separate from Andre, and not just statues or anything like that.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Long ago, in the Age of Ancients, there were four powerful blacksmiths. The first, smithed weapons that were strong in arm. Two were twins, living in distant lands. Their weapons were forged of a Divine quality, and the journey to aquire these weapons was to symbolize the Faith in their skills to forge these weapons. The fourth forged weapons that could slay even the immortals. These blacksmiths were so respected by all that the other blacksmiths of the land plotted against them, culminating in a coup of sorts against the Four.

Vamos weapons of chaos seared through their flesh.

Giant Blacksmiths armaments electrified all they touched so that none could safely wield the metal.

Rickert's constant talk about magic weapons bored them to stone.

And Andre the strongest betrayed his own. And the Four were no more.

Unbeknownst to the other blacksmiths, the Four have survived. Andre merely stopped using his other three bodies and can't be bothered to get his revenge. He's got to work on that masterpiece after all!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 am

barrywilkins wrote:Long ago, in the Age of Ancients, there were four powerful blacksmiths. The first, smithed weapons that were strong in arm. Two were twins, living in distant lands. Their weapons were forged of a Divine quality, and the journey to aquire these weapons was to symbolize the Faith in their skills to forge these weapons. The fourth forged weapons that could slay even the immortals. These blacksmiths were so respected by all that the other blacksmiths of the land plotted against them, culminating in a coup of sorts against the Four.

Vamos weapons of chaos seared through their flesh.

Giant Blacksmiths armaments electrified all they touched so that none could safely wield the metal.

Rickert's constant talk about magic weapons bored them to stone.

And Andre the strongest betrayed his own. And the Four were no more.

Unbeknownst to the other blacksmiths, the Four have survived. Andre merely stopped using his other three bodies and can't be bothered to get his revenge. He's got to work on that masterpiece after all!
    Genius Bow

barrywilkins wrote:Rickert's constant talk about magic weapons bored them to stone.
    lol
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:04 am

+1 Barry
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Hrm... I've been thinking about this some more~

Divine Ember - Near the Moonlight Butterfly, which is a creation of Seath the Scaleless, who Curses his victims.

Occult Ember - In the Painted World of Ariamas, which was created/used to trap Crossbreed Priscilla, a half-dragon widely believed to be Seath's Daughter.

Is there any link to Seath on the third one?
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Orrrrr, they were skilled as such in the arts they seen an end coming and to preserve the arts they gave themselves to protect the flames of their skill.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 am

I can't remember where I read this, but the statues themselves are just what the developers chose to represent the embers. They don't have any actual significance. At least that's what I read.

I'll look for a source just to make sure though.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:01 am

Here's the interview http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/7force/dark-souls-design-works-translation-npcs-and-monsters-part-12/30-98089/

And this is the important part

Waragai: But there are still those statues that look like him around the game world aren't there?

Miyazaki: Yes they are aren't they. but I don't think they are related, they're simply vessels which hold the embers.

They're not related to Andrei. The Dev's just needed away to make it obvious that they were embers, and this is what they went with. As to why they look like Andrei? Ashran was right, the devs where too lazy to give them unique appearances. Andrei just became the generic blacksmith model after he lost his back story.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:44 am

Sloth9230 wrote:

Waragai: But there are still those statues that look like him around the game world aren't there?

Miyazaki: Yes they are aren't they. but I don't think they are related, they're simply vessels which hold the embers.

That's actually really dissapointing. Not the "Not being related to Andre" part, that bit is fine, just the fact they're just vessels...

Here was I thinking Seath went on a crusade against the Blacksmiths of Lordran. Oh well :\
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Here's the interview http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/7force/dark-souls-design-works-translation-npcs-and-monsters-part-12/30-98089/

They're not related to Andrei. The Dev's just needed away to make it obvious that they were embers, and this is what they went with. As to why they look like Andrei? Ashran was right, the devs where too lazy to give them unique appearances. Andrei just became the generic blacksmith model after he lost his back story.

I knew it!

Petrified Blacksmiths? YbQhmPR
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I like my explanation better...the best part about open stories...you can like what you like and flush every other idea ^_^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm